Tna Impacts Shocking Return?

bono

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stolen from a TNA forum:

'Alex Marvez, reporter for scrippsnews and foxsports, reports that New York Jet's star Bart Scott has signed on for the March 3 Impact telecast. Scott arrived Thursday in Fayetteville, N.C., to tape interviews. As we reported earlier, Scott made waves with a hard hitting, wrestling inspired promo after the jets won their division playoff game.'

And here is the 'promo': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJshw2Axsqc

Remember when Hogan said they had someone coming in that could completely shake the industry, a real game-changer, and it was Kenne Anderson?

Especially so soon after RVD, a former World Champion clamoured after by WWE and TNA fans alike, had debuted.

Anderson debuted before RVD.

I got the impression that the hype from Hogan before Anderson's debut was actually intended for RVD, but the latter didn't sign on the dotted line in time. Anderson had, and he substituted.

Anderson turned out to be the better signing IMHO.

Even if it had been RVD I would have felt a bit disappointed. Only Goldberg could really have justified that hype (except Lesnar or The Rock, but that wasn't going to happen).

But still, it's pro wrestling - of course everything is over hyped, and even when TNA does over hype they generally deliver something of interest.

Unless it's Lashley.

• Paid Members
Anderson debuted before RVD.

Tittybiscuits, you're right.

And yeah, I'd mark pretty hard if Lesnar showed up in a pro wrestling capacity for just about anyone.

• Paid Members

I've been trying to think of who could be potentially a bigger signing for TNA than Batista, Lesnar or Jericho (just for fun, I suppose), and I've come to the conclusion that the only ones who'd be a bigger deal and/or more shocking would be someone in WWE whose contract had expired that week and jumped directly to TNA.

It'd never happen, of course.

Archived