Tna Impacts Shocking Return?

bono

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
And TNA are desperate. Thats no big secret.

I think that proves my point, and contradicts yours. That is what I am saying.

No it doesnt. It highlights your point as redundant, because your criticising them for promoting something that might attract viewers to watch their show. Which is exactly what any promotion does. Having a go at a wrestling company for saying "watch my show - we might have a bloke who you bought a t-shirt of last year debuting" makes you sound thick. Thats what wrestling promotions do. Thats why they are called a "promotion". Should they just keep quiet then and not announce anything to their fairly large fanbase. Over a million viewers isn't the biggest number in the world, but its a loyal fanbase who will buy their shit and go to their shows.

So false promises and over hyped happenings are good business are they? "The most shocking suprise of the year" if this just turns out to be Nash or Sting returning is it a valid promotion for such a happening? TNA are famous for false desperate promises.

• Paid Members
So false promises and over hyped happenings are good business are they? "The most shocking suprise of the year" if this just turns out to be Nash or Sting returning is it a valid promotion for such a happening? TNA are famous for false desperate promises.

If they are so famous for it, how is it a desperate attempt to sponge of WWE's current run of form? If its so frequent, this could have happend any time of the year and not just WrestleMania season, surely? Or are you just changing your opinion to make your argument sound better. Kurt Angle certainly wasnt an over hyped promise. Neither was the Hogan signing. Or the move to Monday nights. Or the January 4th announcement. TNA's had some big announcements, which spike business initially and they have had some bad ones that dont do to well. But at least they try and create a buzz. The execution may not be very good, but fair play for trying to rally the troupes. And also, they announced "the most shocking surprise of the year" in a statement on their website two days before its happening. Jonathan Ross hasnt announced it has he? If anyones over hyping it, its the likes of you who have their knickers in a twist about it, instead of just ignoring it if its so unimportant.

Personally, I'm not to excited about the announcement. But I'm far from bashing the promotion for trying to gain a following from it. The wrestling business does this all the time. Its a business that finds it hard to find advertisers and licensing deals because of its carny nature and terrible stigma. TNA are a small promotion, who are usually boxed in by their own mistakes and the fact its hard to survive in the current wrestling climate.

• Paid Members
Im discussing it on an Internet Forum with others, like yourself. Anyhow, I will either eat my words or say I told you so on Friday Morning when I check out the spoilers.

No need to. If its shit, its shit. If its the biggest surprise of the entire year, beating the Rock's appearance and Diesel's black hair, then I'll eat my words, because I'm not expecting much either. That wasnt the point I was making.

I know it wasn't mate, and yeah your opinions are articulate and your arguments are totally logical and more than likely correct. I don't mind TNA but I just felt the whole "biggest shock of the year" thing was another stupid false promise from TNA. And the timing of it seemed out of the blue and desperate.

Fair play to TNA, somehow they still manage to make people believe that if they talk about a shocking announcement, it actually will be a shocking announcement. Or any announcement at all, in fact.

thats assuming that Dixie doesnt give it away on Twitter first like she has before

Just to add to what has been said, TNA need to try and get some exposure anyhow they can..most of the announcements they have made have been big, BUT TNA don't know how to build on momentum.

HOGAN

RVD

ANGLE

JEFF HARDY

MATT HARDY ( I KNOW I KNOW )

RIC FLAIR

BISCHOFF

All are and were big talents that came over or were free agents by choice, but TNA being TNA fucked up momentum on all of these people until their buzz died down and ratings slipped back to normal, but to shit on TNA just because its TNA is getting boring.

The worst thing about TNA has always been to try and beat WWE at their own game when they should create their own unique selling point...i.e Wrestling first , storyline s second.

its not just shitting on TNA for it just being TNA, its the fact that TNA have had very little growth in recent years.

the TV numbers are consistant, but its the same people watching the show. When the numbers go up for a little bit, its only a small number of viewers that are actually new to the number.

TNA have got a devoted core audience, but even thats a shocking low number these days. Didn't an Indy show with Lawlor vs. Bill Dundee outdraw it at the Memphis Asylum recently? And the longer they live in the dam Impact Zone, the numbers are not going to grow. They need to get Impact! out on the road on a regular basis

• Paid Members

Lashley's fighting soon isnt he? Thats the reason TNA and him parted ways in the first place. Cant see Lashley returning anytime soon. Where did you read that?

And it might not even be a signing. Hogan's back which must mean, Dixie Carter is doing the regaining of the company angle she was meant to do the other week. Who knows: maybe her first official act as the sole owner again will be giving someone onscreen power to go against Bischoff.

Hogan and Bischoff's signing was kept a secret for months. Maybe TNA has a new head of creative again. Russo has supposed to have been going into the television production area since last July. The fact they wanted Heyman shows they have been trying to get a new creative team in but couldn't. For me, announcing this two days before it airs is very unlike TNA. They might actually have something special lined up here and want to get the news out as soon as possible.

Doubt it, but optimism is needed when following this company.

Archived