WRESTLEMANIA 27 card- Confirmed+Rumoured

ligerbomb

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Triple H v Taker is definetly the last match on the card, but i just love how WWE havent even mentioned (and could have built it) as a rematch from exactly ten years ago. But of course, theres still time.

One of the news websites was saying that the commentator's have been instructed not to mention the WM17 encounter.

Triple H v Taker is definetly the last match on the card, but i just love how WWE havent even mentioned (and could have built it) as a rematch from exactly ten years ago. But of course, theres still time.

I suspect that they're hoping that the audience has forgotten that Triple H has already tried and failed in his quest to beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

As for the last match on the card, The Rock's potential involvement in the WWE Title match leads me to think that it will be 'main event'. I think they'll end the show with the visual of The Rock and Cena in the ring, either embracing in an Austin/Tyson homage or with The Rock having laid Cena out.

• Paid Members

I suspect that they're hoping that the audience has forgotten that Triple H has already tried and failed in his quest to beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

As for the last match on the card, The Rock's potential involvement in the WWE Title match leads me to think that it will be 'main event'. I think they'll end the show with the visual of The Rock and Cena in the ring, either embracing in an Austin/Tyson homage or with The Rock having laid Cena out.

according to Big Dave, they've been specifically told not to mention the first match

Shame that it doesn't look like a Tag Title Match will be on the card. Puzzles me why they would take the trouble to make new Belts then proceed to make no effort to push the division.

There isn't a tag division though, all I can think of to get the belts on there is if they did what they did with the Spirit Squad in 2006. If all members of The Corre could defend the titles, then they could be up for grabs if they have a match with Big Show and Kane. I'm still looking for a multi person mid card match, to get the likes of Christian, Drew McIntyre and Kofi Kingston on the card.

I really hope Triple H vs. Taker doesn't go on last, even though it more than likely will. Last year it worked with HBK because of the stipulation and based on the match they had the year before, but this year it would just feel like a disappointing ending for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it, but it's a bit of a predictable ending. I'd much prefer to see Miz vs. Cena go on last because, although it's almost just as a predictable result as HHH/Taker, The Rock's potential involvement is 10 times more interesting.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I eventually settled on this thread:

The Rock will be live in Atlanta's Philips Arena for WWE Monday Night Raw the night after WrestleMania, Monday April 4! http://t.co/vA3rV0N

Is he not going to be on a Raw before Wrestlemania? If so, I may have to side with Cena (and that hurts me)

"I bring it...via satellite" indeed. :(

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I eventually settled on this thread:

The Rock will be live in Atlanta's Philips Arena for WWE Monday Night Raw the night after WrestleMania, Monday April 4! http://t.co/vA3rV0N

Is he not going to be on a Raw before Wrestlemania? If so, I may have to side with Cena (and that hurts me)

"I bring it...via satellite" indeed. :(

Rumours were that he was going to be on this coming Monday and then the RAW before Wrestlemania, not sure if that's still the plan though.

One of the news websites was saying that the commentator's have been instructed not to mention the WM17 encounter.

I don't get this. The WWE pimp WrestleMania as the the one show of the year that stands the test of time, where matches are forever remembered, where legends are made, generic build-up to the show comment, etc. To blatantly ignore their own history is pretty shitty and treats long-term fans like twats. And 'Taker/Trips should not be on last at all. As it's already been mentioned in the thread, HBK/Undertaker worked last year due to the history/stipulation of the match. I get the impression that because the card is shaping up to be quite lacklustre, they really want this to be this year's version of that match.

If they ain't having a MITB ladder match, I wish they would do Bryan vs. Sheamus vs. Morrison vs. Ziggler U.S title four way ladder match. I want a spot fest dammit!! Plus, it would be much more interesting than a mixed tag and Sheamus vs. Bryan in a singles match.....a singles match that happened on Raw (albeit short) will happen on this coming Raw, and a match where Sheamus dominated earlier this year. Give me something fresh and new!!!

• Paid Members
I don't get this.

Could be some bellend higher ups think it might mean fewer buys on the intrigue of the match if its alluded to that "by the way, we did this match ten years ago. Undertaker won."

I'm actually completely indifferent to the fact they've wrestled at Mania before. Its still fucking huge. Even if they hadn't, they'd have still wrestled dozens of times on tv and an occasional other ppv. Yeah they wrestled at WMXVII, and it was bloody good. But that was forever ago, relatively speaking, and has practically no baring on their forthcoming match.

Archived