WRESTLEMANIA 27 card- Confirmed+Rumoured

ligerbomb

Figured now that the chamber and 2/21/11 are in the books it might be a good idea to get down on paper what it looks like they are doing at mania.

Guest Host: The Rock

WWE Championship

The Miz© vs John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship

Edge© vs Alberto Del Rio vs Christian (Rumoured)

CM Punk vs Randy Orton

Career vs Streak, HBK Guest Enforcer

HHH vs The Undertaker

Guest Commentator: Jim Ross

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs Michael Cole

US Title

Daniel Bryan© vs Sheamus (Rumoured)

Rey Mysterio vs "Dashing" Cody Rhodes (Rumoured)

MITB Ladder Match

(Participants TBC)

Trish Stratus and Kelly Kelly vs Laycool (Rumoured)

Big Show and Diesel vs Wade Barrett and Ezequial Jackson (Rumoured)

After some doubts in recent weeks, I actually think the card is shaping up quite strongly. I tried to be realistic and whilst a couple of those matches there may be different (show+Diesel/Corre, divas tag match, Cole/Lawler) I think thats a fair indication of where theyre going. I would like Jomo to have a singles match, maybe with Dolph, but I think he will go in MITB. In any case, excited for mania-if you look at the card they are potentially elevating a ton of talent, which is good to see. Thoughts?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggested that match in the Elimination Chamber thread, although I thought the rumours were Diesel/Show or Team WCW/Corre?

A multi-man match wouldn't be a bad idea really. I wouldn't mind it if it was something like The Big Show, Mark Henry, Diesel (Hall of Fame) & Ron Simmons (Hall of Fame) vs. The Corre

Based on recent TV then if they do it, I think MITB should be (presuming they stick with ten?):

Drew McIntyre vs. Kane vs. Christian vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. John Morrison vs. R-Truth vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger vs. someone else (could be Henry if he's not in the Big Show match I suppose).

Big Show and Diesel vs Wade Barrett and Ezequial Jackson (Rumoured)

I don't see how you come up with this, but If it would happen Barrett was look tiny compared to the other three.

- Show is feuding with the Corre and they are building to a Show/Zeke showdown at some point.

- Barrett needs something to do. Barrett eliminated Nash from the rumble.

- Show and Diesel had a "look" at the rumble.

So yeah, I don't think it's that confusing at all to think that you will get a show vs the corre match in some format. Nash makes sense as a partner and Barrett isnt doing anything else.

Would say that Cena winning the EC put to bed and lingering hopes of a cena/rock match this year. It's 99% certain going to be Cena vs Rock, and the 1% would probably be for a three way match with rock involved as well which isn't impossible, but highly unlikely.

Interesting on twitter that Jericho (who was marking at the mania lineup) referred to it as HHH-TAKER, MIZ-CENA-ROCK, EDGE-DELRIO. Probably nothing to it though.

I'd like to see Barrett win MITB actually, I think he'd be able to do a good job (not necessarily in the MITB match itself) of promoting himself and legitimizing himself as a real threat in main event status better than anyone else who'll likely be in the match.

Can't think of anyone else really who'd be viable to win MITB, maybe Morrison perhaps?

Would say that Cena winning the EC put to bed and lingering hopes of a cena/rock match this year. It's 99% certain going to be Cena vs Rock, and the 1% would probably be for a three way match with rock involved as well which isn't impossible, but highly unlikely.

I think you mean Cena vs Miz there.

What'll happen will be Cena & Rock trash talk each other all the way towards Mania, Cena vs Miz is main event - there will be a ref bump in the match. Miz will hit Cena with the belt, the Rock runs down to the ring and refuses to count, leading to Cena getting up and turning Miz around into a FU and Rock counts to 3. Then Rock & Cena shake hands.

I'd like to see Barrett win MITB actually, I think he'd be able to do a good job (not necessarily in the MITB match itself) of promoting himself and legitimizing himself as a real threat in main event status better than anyone else who'll likely be in the match.

Can't think of anyone else really who'd be viable to win MITB, maybe Morrison perhaps?

Morrison [n]should[/b] win MITB this year. Or McIntyre.

Thing is if Rock vs Cena happens whats going to happen to Miz vs. Cena?

• Paid Members

Original working plan (when they had Barrett-Taker) was supposedly Nexus vs Corre. Guess you could still do that and then Show-Barrett.

On a related note to the topic, Dave Meltzer indicated the HoF line up is:

Shawn Michaels

Jim Duggan

Road Warriors

Abdullah the Butcher

Tammy Sytch

Bob Armstrong

Miz-Cena-Rock probably just means (if there's anything to read into it at all) that The Rock will be in there as referee or enforcer. But if the rumours of HBK reffing the HHH-Taker match are anything to go by, I can't imagine they'd use 2 special refs/enforcers on the card.

You've got my brain excited for a dream (for me) return of New Age Outlaws now. Damn you marks one and all!

Archived