WRESTLEMANIA 27 card- Confirmed+Rumoured

ligerbomb

• Paid Members
Miz-Cena-Rock probably just means (if there's anything to read into it at all) that The Rock will be in there as referee or enforcer. But if the rumours of HBK reffing the HHH-Taker match are anything to go by, I can't imagine they'd use 2 special refs/enforcers on the card.

You've got my brain excited for a dream (for me) return of New Age Outlaws now. Damn you marks one and all!

i would also love a New age outlaws reunion. Would the 'E ever take them back though? i think i heard rumours of trying to get them both on board back when DX re-united, although i think both were with TNA at the time. But i may of made that one up.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Career vs Streak, HBK Guest Enforcer

HHH vs The Undertaker

Guest Commentator: Jim Ross

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs Michael Cole

Neither of these have been confirmed, we know it will be hhh vs taker but nothing has been said about HHHs career being on the line let alone HBK being involved.

and Lawler vs Cole only saw the light of day last night, nothing confirmed let alone JR doing commentary.

• Paid Members
i would also love a New age outlaws reunion. Would the 'E ever take them back though? i think i heard rumours of trying to get them both on board back when DX re-united, although i think both were with TNA at the time. But i may of made that one up.

Road Dogg asked for work when TNA released him, and they didn't think he had anything to offer any area of the promotion. To be fair, they've paid for his rehab a shitload of times since then, so they were probably spot on. The Outlaws will probably get in the Hall of Fame one day though. In 2006, Triple H was apparently pulling for them to get rehired, but they were under contract to TNA at the time.

• Paid Members

Road Dogg asked for work when TNA released him, and they didn't think he had anything to offer any area of the promotion. To be fair, they've paid for his rehab a shitload of times since then, so they were probably spot on. The Outlaws will probably get in the Hall of Fame one day though. In 2006, Triple H was apparently pulling for them to get rehired, but they were under contract to TNA at the time.

Fair dues, i would like to see them back although not sure if they would fit in with WWEs current style of things, but it would be fun!

To UPDATE after the 25/2 episode of smackdown- the below features ****SPOILERS*****

They had a great HHH/Taker video with a dramatic voice over, which basically said they were having a match at the event, referring to their showdown in Atlanta etc. May not be the exact wording but it was along those lines.

Rhodes/Dusty/Rey segment, which I thought was very well done, pretty much confirms (given the time they gave it) that they are going to be in a singles program for the show and not in MITB or anything like that, so I think we can about confirm DCR vs Mysterio as well.

I think I'd go with Big Show, Santino, Kozlov and Diesel vs The Corre.

If there's a Money in the Bank match I'd have the participants as: Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, Mark Henry, R-Truth, Drew McIntyre, Kane and John Morrison. Morrison, Kofi or Ziggler for the win.

I read that was before he saw their shoot interview and saw what they said about him after that he didn't want them back or at least wasn't pulling for them anyway.

I reckon Rhodes will pull out a victory against Mysterio. Just seems a perfect opportunity to start a push for him, then maybe follow it up with Money in the Bank later in the year?

I also got the sense on smackdown that they may start to phase out the "dashing" part of the character. Just due to the way dustys promo was, basically saying he had gotten carried away with it and lost focus. I think he will retain the characters traits but over time just become simply Cody Rhodes again-which he needs to if he is going to ever climb the card. Thankfully this time he has a character though!

I reckon Rhodes will pull out a victory against Mysterio. Just seems a perfect opportunity to start a push for him, then maybe follow it up with Money in the Bank later in the year?

I can't see that happening to be honest. I haven't seen Smackdown so I can't comment on the segment, but the idea of Rey Mysterio losing at Wrestlemania, to Cody Rhodes nontheless, seems mental to me.

• Paid Members

I can't see that happening to be honest. I haven't seen Smackdown so I can't comment on the segment, but the idea of Rey Mysterio losing at Wrestlemania, to Cody Rhodes nontheless, seems mental to me.

There's no "wrong" winner as such for this match. A win for Cody would do more for him and the rivalry though than Mysterio winning. Rey loses no face whatsoever in losing to Rhodes.

**UPDATE AFTER RAW** (SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT)

HHH vs Undertaker has been confirmed now, although no words on any stipulation or HBK involvement at the moment.

Lawler vs Cole is official. The match also has a special guest ref to be announced later and Jack Swagger will be in Coles "trainer" for the match.

Randy Orton vs CM Punk has also been confirmed.

Looking pretty good, but I really wish they'd come out and say rock isn't wrestling instead of hinting at it because "everyone knows he isnt so it doesnt hurt to make it seem like he might".

**UPDATE AFTER RAW** (SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT)

HHH vs Undertaker has been confirmed now, although no words on any stipulation or HBK involvement at the moment.

Lawler vs Cole is official. The match also has a special guest ref to be announced later and Jack Swagger will be in Coles "trainer" for the match.

Randy Orton vs CM Punk has also been confirmed.

Looking pretty good, but I really wish they'd come out and say rock isn't wrestling instead of hinting at it because "everyone knows he isnt so it doesnt hurt to make it seem like he might".

Bet he's hoping Cole's trainer is Kelly Kelly

Archived