WRESTLEMANIA 27 card- Confirmed+Rumoured

ligerbomb

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve Austin as the referee makes no sense and therefore makes me think that the card is a fake.

Neither did swagger being in Coles corner particularly. Think it's a pretty good spot for austin this year, and they can do an angle where coles decision on the guest ref gets overuled or something. Like Cole chooses Vickie then the GM chimes in and says that he's already made the decision for him and austin comes out. Stunners and a Austin/Lawler beer bash at mania would make for a fun segment.

As for the card as a whole, generally speaking I like it but I'm not sure it will be final as firstly there is no Evan Bourne, and there is also no drew mcintyre- depending on what you read the 6manintergender match will have either jomo or drew on trish and kellys side.

I was hoping Sin Cara and Diesel would end up on the card as well and they still might. Shame about no MITB but I can see why theyre doing it. The corre vs babyfaces match seems like a massive mismatch. Show pretty much holds his own against them on his own so with smackdowns three biggest babyfaces (edge and taker aside) in a team with him i fear a squash.

*UPDATE* POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW...

PWTorch on their livecast that I subscribe to reckon the card that is out there has been leaked by WWE, similar to how they got sites reporting Bob Barker was the guest host.

The card seems believable but now Hogan has come out and said Jimmy Hart will be in Lawlers corner at mania (Hart and Lawler have history going back to Lawlers Memphis days).

Whilst that card looks believable, I wouldnt take it as confirmed by any means yet.

The one thing that makes me suspicious of that lineup is i doubt they'd put Morrison into a throwaway intergender match. Whether it's MITB or singles, i'd think they'll have something a bit more important and useful lined up for him. The team in the 8 man tag look a bit random also.

Steve Austin as the referee makes no sense and therefore makes me think that the card is a fake.

Neither did swagger being in Coles corner particularly.

But that doesn't involve a massive babyface being bought as Cole's special referee. Who would EVER buy Austin as the heel ref? The face turn would be the most obvious in history.

I have been saying to many people that there is no "pop fest" match.

There needs to be one in there to keep fans attention for the 4 hours. Something which will give that excited boost during the lul. MITB or not, there will be some sorta high spot match to create "Wrestlemania Moments".

There needs to be one in there to keep fans attention for the 4 hours. Something which will give that excited boost during the lul. MITB or not, there will be some sorta high spot match to create "Wrestlemania Moments".

I've thought about this and one of the theories I have is that the Triple H - 'Taker match is going to pull out all the stops, including blood.

It'll make sense from a storytelling perspective, what with their WM17 match ten years ago. I don't think we'll see any of the usual 'spot fest' matches as this year the gimmicks will be reserved for the Hunter - Undertaker bout.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure how they'd go about it regarding bringing Dolph back in and setting the match up but, some sort of #1 contendership/MITB style stipulation match between Dolph and Morrison would be nice considering their flirtations with the top straps over the past few months and have that proper Wrestlemania elevation of a upper mid-card talent that i'm rather fond of. They've got all the potential in the world to tear shit up together on the grand stage too, provided there's no Mr.Ziggles references.

I've thought about this and one of the theories I have is that the Triple H - 'Taker match is going to pull out all the stops, including blood.

It'll make sense from a storytelling perspective, what with their WM17 match ten years ago. I don't think we'll see any of the usual 'spot fest' matches as this year the gimmicks will be reserved for the Hunter - Undertaker bout.

Hmmm.. You could be right, but, as yet, there is no gimmick match.. I think there will be at least one.

(I hope there is something a lil more exciting, because, as fun as the card looks so far, as someone going to his first WM this year, I was hoping for something to really nurture the mark in me)

Would love to see some sort of multi-person ladder match for the IC strap or US strap, or even both. If MITB is a thing of the past, after it being harked as a "WM tradition" over past few years, perhaps a new tradition needs to be introduced?

I'm not sure how they'd go about it regarding bringing Dolph back in and setting the match up but, some sort of #1 contendership/MITB style stipulation match between Dolph and Morrison would be nice considering their flirtations with the top straps over the past few months and have that proper Wrestlemania elevation of a upper mid-card talent that i'm rather fond of. They've got all the potential in the world to tear shit up together on the grand stage too, provided there's no Mr.Ziggles references.

What a simple yet effective match that would be.

Two stars, who like you say have both flirted with the main straps lately and are both at similar stages of their careers, couldn't have a more logical reason to square off at 'Mania. Turn it into a #1 contenders match, and they're onto a winner.

A little bit of fantasy booking -

JoMo manages to get the match to be turned into a Ladder match with the contract hung up above the ring.

Ziggler manages to pull a few strings and he is allowed to win the match by pin-fall or submission (he says he's scared of heights or something). An extra level added to the match and a bit more heel heat for Ziggler. The ladder's there for Jo Mo to climb and bumps, yet Ziggler can pick up a victory without having to 'risk' ascending the ladders.

That card is awful.

Normally I would say DB would steel the show, but if he's working with jobber sheamus, he will probably be given 3 minutes max for the match.

That card also makes me think the two big firerings post WM will be R-truth and Ted Jr, I dunno if Riley is going to get fired or sent back to training, its not a good sign either way looks like they gave up on him.

Im struggling to see how this show will be 4hours without being a bore.

Biggest and only Highlights for me are;

The Rock

HHH vs Undertaker - maybe HBK enforcer/ref

Lawler vs Cole - Stone Cold ref (just to see Cole get a stunner)

Everything else is standard to a meh.

Does anybody think that this year's Wrestlemania will do the magic million buy-rate?

LOL no but I know you're joking anyway, Im thinking looking at that card alot of people will prefer watching this in a bar, than wanting to outright pay for it, of course many people will go the stream/torrent route but you can say that for any PPV.

I think on TheRock/Cena pending confrontation alone, it should have better buys than last year, it depends where they go with that, nothing else on the card would make it bigger than last year imo.

I'd be very surprised if they do hit the 1,000,000 mark. I said a couple of weeks ago that I thought they'd do around the high 800,000 buys. Now, with The Rock's involvement I see them doing about 900,000, perhaps even 925,000.

They can achieve a million but it will require proper marketing, so potentially the costs would outweigh the financial benefit of more buys. That said, it's the one show of the year they want to ensure has a high rating, so they may be willing to pull a few tricks out of the bag.

Archived