Monday Night Raw: 21/2/2011 Discussion *Includes Spoilers*

Gooner

Who would have noticed that though? Nobody watching at home. I certainly didn't, especially since I was expecting Sting to turn up!

I was watching at home, and I did notice it. It wasn't exactly hard to miss if you were looking at the ceiling as the Camera panned around. It was bloody massive.

Yeah I noticed it aswell, it was visible about 3 times in the hour before Taker actually came out.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Who would have noticed that though? Nobody watching at home. I certainly didn't, especially since I was expecting Sting to turn up!

I was watching at home, and I did notice it. It wasn't exactly hard to miss if you were looking at the ceiling as the Camera panned around. It was bloody massive.

And just how many people look at the cieling as a wrestler is making their entrance anyway? I just checked and you have to be looking at the top right corner of the screen to catch it, and with it being pretty much flat at the time, it's hard to distinguish what it is with a glance unless you already know.

Plus as Ian says, it's hardly been a huge cover up considering for the past week or two Taker's actually been in the videos, so what does it matter?

And just how many people look at the cieling as a wrestler is making their entrance anyway? I just checked and you have to be looking at the top right corner of the screen to catch it, and with it being pretty much flat at the time, it's hard to distinguish what it is with a glance unless you already know.

Plus as Ian says, it's hardly been a huge cover up considering for the past week or two Taker's actually been in the videos, so what does it matter?

This was the shot on TV, hardly invisible is it?:

2przrkm.jpg

Something I noticed actually that may tie into the whole mystery figure outside of the cabin. If you look at the boots Triple H is wearing on Raw he has black cowboy like boots with a heel on them, kind of similar to the ones in the video. It could have just been a coincidence though and probably was, probably just me being bored and looking for clues and hints.

I liked both returns only thing is I wanted an updated Undertaker, hes been the same way since 2004 and all his feuds follow the same pattern & promos, a ghost rider type character coulda been cool. Booth pops were decent but If they didnt show taker is vids he woulda got a bigger pop cos it would be a surprise & HHH coulda waited til the crowd camed down then come out & got a bigger pop. stare down was good

The symbol annoyed me, why do they have to make everything HD? if thats why it changed? they should of re-used the old 1999 logo.

Orton annoyed me aswell cos Punk said answer me next week so u'd think orton isnt there (fair enough) but then runs in wearing his gear, why couldnt he have worn jeans & tshirt to attack since he wasnt wrestling (apart from maybe dark match), not a big thing but it always bugs me when its happens.

To me Mania is looking good most matches have had a decent build so far and theres weeks to go.

Whoever had the idea that neither Taker or HHH would say anything, needs a big fat bonus cheque as that was marvellous. All done with the WM logo camera angle and some intense looks by both men.

There's just so much history between the two that nothing really needs to be said. Classy moment.

Dont you think the fact the Undertaker actually being in the 2-21-10 video that was played last week, Sunday and last night was a bit of a give away though? Everyone knew it was him anyway, so there wasn't much pre-empting.

Yes it was, it was still not a forgone conclusion. Especially for all the people who were saying the image we saw of Taker in the Video looked like HHH or HBK. Many many people thought it would be The Rock announced as the Guest Host for Mania last week on Raw. If they had a giant picture of The Rock on show during the show it would have confirmed everyones predictions. That was not the case though. They even showed a female getting out of a Limo just before Rock was announced. This made his return even more amazing. It's the little details in pro wrestling that makes it so unique and special. WWE made awesome, elaborate and ambiguous promo's for Taker and HHH's return the past three weeks that they kinda spoilt the big unvail.

As for a possible Money In The Bank Ladder match at Mania, would they not have already announced it on Raw this week of they were going to have one? I believe the qualifier started on the Raw after Elimination Chamber last year.

• Paid Members

I for one definitely see Miz retaining over Cena. They did with Orton when he was being pushed as a top heel, he went over Triple H and Cena at Mania. Not that thats any indication these days.

I just have it in my head that he'll retain. Hes been a perfectly good smarmy top heel and I think his reward will be the win at 'Mania. He can always do the Cena rematch at Extreme Rules (whether he wins or loses).

The Triple H/Taker staredown was good. Slow build, theyve got 5 more weeks to build it, and theres nothing saying they cant do a SD episode or two to get them on another show either.

Mania for me looks very very good.

• Paid Members
Yes indeed, but many many people would have had that theory, or atleast wanted to believe it was more than simply just Taker.

WWE didn't want people to have different theories though. That's why they put Taker himself in the videos. They wanted people to know it was The Undertaker. It wasn't ambiguous. It couldn't have been more blatant.

• Paid Members
Yes indeed, but many many people would have had that theory, or atleast wanted to believe it was more than simply just Taker.

WWE didn't want people to have different theories though. That's why they put Taker himself in the videos. They wanted people to know it was The Undertaker. It wasn't ambiguous. It couldn't have been more blatant.

Of course they wanted people to have theories. It created much, much, much more discussion and anticipation by being ambiguous for the first two weeks. It's a fantastic idea to get people talking and thinking. The last one was obviously supposed to end any doubt but did leave room for discussion, i.e. the way there was someone outside who may or may not have been Taker. And also the fact that they used HBK as a chin double. (j/k)

Archived