Monday Night Raw: 21/2/2011 Discussion *Includes Spoilers*

Gooner

• Paid Members
CM Punk continues to be amazing, and it was good seeing him go over clean without really damaging Morrison. They could do with pulling the trigger on JoMo now, though, because he's sort of on the brink. He's been at the 'quick, grab the tissue' stage for a bit too long now, he needs to be allowed to ejaculate. So to speak.

I've been against having a MITB ladder match at WM because it waters down the PPV. However, I now think they need one purely to give Morrison his moment on the PPV.

WM is shaping up quite nicely, I think.

Triple H vs. Undertaker

The Miz vs. John Cena

Edge vs. Alberto Del Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-o

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

All decent quality matches. It leaves a shit load of talent with nothing obvious to do. Assuming they go with:

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus

Which would be a good US Title match, that stll leaves the Tag Champs and Kofi Kingston doing nothing. That means you've got:

Dolph Ziggler, Kofi, John Morrison, R-Truth, The Corre, Christian, Rey Misterio, Big Show, Kane, The rest of Nexus, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, Mark Henry, Jack Swagger and a ton of jabroni's all without anything booked.

I'd have Big Show assemble a squad of monsters to face The Corre in an 8 man tag. Something like Show, Kane, Mark Henry & Mason Ryan.

Then I'd go with the MITB match for Morrison's moment.

Throw in Cole vs. Lawler, some Diva Shit and some sort of Tag Team brawl as piss breaks and you've got a fair old card. In fact, you might not need that many matches if you want a load of The Rock segments.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I don't think i'm cut out for the internet anymore, I'm not nearly cynical enough and actually thought that was a terrific episode of Raw.

My thoughts exactly. WWE got it nearly note perfect last night.

The John Cena promo was excellent. He needed to be 'edgy' as The Rock is too cool compared to PG-Cena. I was worried he was going to do his smiley 'ah-shucks I'm a nice man' no heat promo, but soon morphed.

To show how awesome CM Punk is, he's made a Randy Oton feud heated and interesting for the first time since the Spring (CM Punks done the donkey work with promos). If he gets an exciting match out of Randy Orton then CM Punk is elevated to God-like status.

I'm baffled by the Undertaker/Triple H hate. I thought the video package was excellent. Granted I let out a big sigh as stale Undetaker walked to the ring and not Sting ('Taker really needs some freshening up as the Kane smell is still on him) but I marked like a bitch when Triple Hs music thudded in. I don't get people saying the pops were weak 'Takers was huge and Triple Hs was even louder. You know you're good when you say nothing and only do a few stares and taunts and not only do you have the crowd going mental but you tell a story and sell a match. Classic. The only it way it would be improved is if Stings music hit when Triple H and 'Taker started their stare down. My brain would've exploded.

I didn't have a problem with Cole bringing up Lawlers mother. The way the crowd reacted and added heat on the match makes it worth it. Lawler was excellent and Cole is so smug it's hard not to love this. The match will be shite but we're only paying to see Cole get his arse kicked, nothing more.

My only problem with the show is it made The Miz look 3rd rate. When he came out and cut a promo on The Rock he came across like a hobo raiding the bins for Cena/Rock scraps. Also when Cena cut his best promo in years it was about The Rock and not WWE Champion The Miz.

Oh and did Sheamus call Triple H fat at the gym? He's going the same way as MVP. Triple H will squash him next week.

When I was watching, I thought to myself "HHH/Taker was the worst thing on there". The most contrived piece of shit on RAW for years.

I agree.

Can someone please tell me what was good about it? The only thing I can think of is that Undertaker has seemingly dropped a lot of weight and looks in great condition for his age. Why was 'Taker even there? I know wrestling is scripted and we are all supposed to be pituitary retards with short memory spans; but if my brother and a group of random guys beat the fuck out of me then buried me alive, I would be more than a little pissed off about it when I returned from the dead for the umpteenth time.

It is also really admirable that Triple H wants revenge for Undertaker retiring his mate, even though he attempted to do the same thing several times except with the use of a sledgehammer and not a match clause before he realised he was gay for him.

Undertaker's return had all the excitement of a night of Songs of Praise repeats with the inlaws. They had a big opportunity to freshen him up somewhat, yet he returned as the same, boring character he has been for Christ knows how long know. Triple H got a good pop initially and I was actually quite excited to see him back for all of about two minutes, then they just stared at each other and that was that

Haven't seen anything else of Raw so am not able to comment, although a more edgy Cena excites me a little bit and Michael Cole heading down the "death of family member" route is also something I'll look forward to watching. Especially if next week he turns up at Lawler's mothers funeral and drives away with the coffin in true Big Bossman style

• Paid Members
When I was watching, I thought to myself "HHH/Taker was the worst thing on there". The most contrived piece of shit on RAW for years.

It was better than the awful Diva stuff, The Miz tripping over his promo and Daniel Bryan's acting for a start.

It was the first step on a long road to WrestleMania, they both got good reactions and without saying a word, everyone knows it's Triple H & undertaker at WrestleMania. Let them tell the story.

Where are the people who accused John Cena of killing his angle with The Rock on twitter last Tuesday? Because they've jumped on that shit waaaaay too early.

Why was 'Taker even there? I know wrestling is scripted and we are all supposed to be pituitary retards with short memory spans; but if my brother and a group of random guys beat the fuck out of me then buried me alive, I would be more than a little pissed off about it when I returned from the dead for the umpteenth time.

And if someone marched along straight after your entrance, stole your thunder and got in your face, would you ignore them? No, you'd stand up to them. Undertaker wouldn't attack Trips, he's a noble man, so he stared him out and read his thoughts. It was a nice simple message from both.

If they play it right, they've got a WM quality match on their hands and then they've got Sheamus and The Corre sat waiting in the background to sell the lesser PPV's. A very, very good way of not shooting your load too soon.

The HHH/Orton build a couple of years ago has obviously taught them plenty.

[That means you've got:

Dolph Ziggler, Kofi, John Morrison, R-Truth, The Corre, Christian, Rey Misterio, Big Show, Kane, The rest of Nexus, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, Mark Henry, Jack Swagger and a ton of jabroni's all without anything booked.

When in the last 6 or 7 years has Mania been any different?

Anyone they have no plans for, they will just throw them in the MITB match.

Agree on the matches shaping up though, looks decent.

It was the first step on a long road to WrestleMania, they both got good reactions and without saying a word

Those two guys will get good reactions doing anything. That is not a sign of how good or bad what they did was.

It was better than the awful Diva stuff, The Miz tripping over his promo and Daniel Bryan's acting for a start.

The Miz's promo was so much better than the shitfest. The divas I expect to be bad so I think that sort of softened their shitness. Daniel Bryan's stuff really wasn't that bad. I quite liked it.

Where are the people who accused John Cena of killing his angle with The Rock on twitter last Tuesday? Because they've jumped on that shit waaaaay too early.

I loved the Cena promo. It's kind of reminded me of why I'm a fan of his amongst all of my negativity.

• Paid Members
Undertaker's return had all the excitement of a night of Songs of Praise repeats with the inlaws. They had a big opportunity to freshen him up somewhat, yet he returned as the same, boring character he has been for Christ knows how long know. Triple H got a good pop initially and I was actually quite excited to see him back for all of about two minutes, then they just stared at each other and that was that

Haven't seen anything else of Raw so am not able to comment, although a more edgy Cena excites me a little bit and Michael Cole heading down the "death of family member" route is also something I'll look forward to watching. Especially if next week he turns up at Lawler's mothers funeral and drives away with the coffin in true Big Bossman style

There is nothing I want more.

I'm genuinely baffled by peoples reaction to the 'Taker/Triple H segment. It's the only match I care about so far and all they did was stare at each other for the majority of it. I do agree 'Taker needs something more than a belt buckle and leather trousers to freshen him up.

• Paid Members
It was the first step on a long road to WrestleMania, they both got good reactions and without saying a word

Those two guys will get good reactions doing anything. That is not a sign of how good or bad what they did was.

That wasn't the point. The point was to reintroduce them, integrate them into the same story, get the crowd buzzing a little bit and save plenty to fill 5 1/2 more weeks of TV. The reactions were good enough to show the audience cared about the two going head to head. Job well done.

I loved the Cena promo. It's kind of reminded me of why I'm a fan of his amongst all of my negativity.

I loved it too. I bet most people did, including those who decided last week that the whole thing was dead because of what JC posted on twitter. People are too quick to jump on things. If a week before WrestleMania WWE have done nothing to whet the appetite for Trips/'Taker then it's time to moan, but not before. If they'd gone all out last night, people would be praising them this morning and then whining in 5 weeks time when the thing had peaked and died off.

That wasn't the point. The point was to reintroduce them, integrate them into the same story, get the crowd buzzing a little bit and save plenty to fill 5 1/2 more weeks of TV. The reactions were good enough to show the audience cared about the two going head to head. Job well done.

Obviously the crowd cared about them going head to head. It's The Undertaker and Triple H. We didn't need to be shown that.

And if they seriously can't fill 5 weeks with those two guys to the point where they have them just do nothing, then I think I've given the writers way too much credit. And I don't give them much credit anyways.

I thought the Triple H/Undertaker segment was cringeworthy and have absolutely zero interest in seeing a match between them at WrestleMania, which is a pity because I am a big fan of both (anyone who knows me knows I am one of the biggest 'Taker marks around). I will still buy Mania regardless and I know I do not speak for the entire fanbase, and I am sure it will be a solid match on the big show, but it has zero appeal or aura to me. The segment was silly and I think even the most blinkered fan knew that.

The segment was worth it for the sight of seeing Triple H do the Broony.

• Paid Members

Obviously the crowd cared about them going head to head. It's The Undertaker and Triple H. We didn't need to be shown that.

Fuck all point telling stories then is there? If everything's obvious they might aswell just have the matches.

And if they seriously can't fill 5 weeks with those two guys to the point where they have them just do nothing, then I think I've given the writers way too much credit. And I don't give them much credit anyways.

So how are they going to easily fill up all that TV then? bearing in mind that neither should get in the ring and wrestle because that takes away the importance of the match as their first match back and once Trips has explained his motivation, you're pretty much done with the talking. All that's left is the usual hokey Undertaker shit which nearly everyone moans about.

Archived