1PW - The Last Stand [28/05/2011]

1PW

Uhhh, what?

NJPW always hold the BOSJ in late May through to the middle of June. Davey was at least booked by the end of Feb which was when he was used on posters. How did the Japanese earthquake that happened in the middle of March affect anything????

It's not like you could even say they wouldn't be sure of running shows (by the end of May.....) as they only cancelled 4 shows, one of which was the day of the earthquake. So when Davey was officially announced by NJPW four days ago...... What did the tragedy have to do with anything?

Look, if Davey agreed your booking and then got called by NJPW, why make up such a paper thin excuse like the earthquake?

Just seems stupid to me is all....

The Earthquake is all too easy to blame things on. I don't buy it.

I'll go watch 1PW shows as I've stated many times.....it's quite close to me locally and I've had a vested interest in it since 2006/2007 but fuck I'm glad I never pay upfront and only reserve my tickets.

nothing has been made up... :rolleyes:

unledjy.jpg

Yes, bits have been cut out so not to show future dates and other spoilers.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What about the Road Dogg then? Why's he posting that he needs bookings for late May, when you have him on your website for the 1PW shows? And what about DDP? Someone posted about a month ago that he said he didnt know about the show. If you could guarentee me that DDP was definitely coming over, I would consider going. For nothing seems to be sure with 1PW.

So it pretty much was Davey like I've said several times. It's cool, in regards to that cos I pretty much thought it might have been Davey who said that, but I would have just left it at saying he's a NJPW contracted wrestler and had to take the tour over any previous bookings.

I do hope he does come over later in the year and can't find a fifth excuse......

I'm sure they wouldn't be charging 20 quid for a Q&A with someone who's not 100% certain to be coming, would they? Would they?

To sum it all up:

Nash isn't coming to 1PW, because he never received any money

DDP isn't coming to 1PW, because he thinks they are CON man

X-Pac has said he isn't sure about coming due to all the BS

Hall isn't coming because he is fighting for his life in the hospital

Davey Richards isn't coming because he rather wrestles in Japan

PLUS

Road Dogg is seeking bookings for the end of may.....

WOW!

To sum it all up:

Nash isn't coming to 1PW, because he never received any money

DDP isn't coming to 1PW, because he thinks they are CON man

X-Pac has said he isn't sure about coming due to all the BS

Hall isn't coming because he is fighting for his life in the hospital

Davey Richards isn't coming because he rather wrestles in Japan

PLUS

Road Dogg is seeking bookings for the end of may.....

WOW!

Nash is coming

DDP says he isn't

X-Pac is coming

Hall is out of hospital

Davey is contractually obliged to work Japan

I hate 1PW as much as the next person and would NEVER pay a penny to see their shows but if you are going to take the piss out of them at least use facts, not like there isn't enough of them to prove what a farce they are.

Plus

Road Dogg - WHO CARES

Allright. All I remember was:

1) Nash going on twitter saying he wasn't doing the show.

2) Wasn't he going to tell HBK about all the mess?

3) Didn't X-Pac also put a message online doubting to come to the UK?

4) Scott Halls ex-wife posted a letter online, claiming Hall is fighting for his life.

5) Didn't Nash visit Hall in the hospital a few days ago?

Aren't those facts?

Havn't read an 1PW statement about them still coming.

It might be lost somehwere in the pages I guess!?

It's up to 1PW to clearify about all the mess, it's not up to the fans to browse through forums, every day, to keep updated and read numerous posts to find answers.

Even if they are infact coming, there will be a lot of fans not going, simply because (like me) they think Nash, Hall and X-Pac are not showing up!

I find it amazing that some people who are quick to find Nash's and X-Pac's tweets slagging 1PW off fail to notice the follow up tweets stating that it has been sorted and that they will be attending in May. Not only that, but these same people fail to see in this very thread a number of posts pointing out that Nash has confirmed he has now been paid and is coming. It gives zero credibility to your rant.

That's not to say that this event isn't looking like a complete shambles. Hall is out, Richards is out, Road Dogg doesn't seem to know anything about the show, DDP is telling fans he isn't coming (despite admiting he has been paid something, so I'm not really sure what's going on there), Colt Cobana was on the flyer for the event but hasn't been officially announced, I think Kevin Thorne was on the flyer too. We were told that there would be a load of British wrestlers at the show but up to now only The Leaders have been announced (as far as I can remember). Only one match for the Friday show has been announced and I'm buggered if I'm making any plans to attend any of these shows as things stand now. I have reserved tickets to pay on the door for Friday and Saturday, but if things aren't cleared up and matches announced soon I'm making other plans.

This bodes very badly for the October shows, CZW shows and the future of 1PW in general. While you may have gotten away with advertising wrestlers for a show you had no intention of bringing over (I'm thinking Ulf Herman at the Anniversary show), the advent of Twitter has fucked you

@RealKevinNash Kevin Nash

Talked to Danny Rodd seems he had a wrong number,whatever just want to see my U.K, fans

Thats what Nash tweeted April 10th. Depends which way you read it I guess.

EDIT:

Sean Waltman

@TheRealXPac Sean Waltman

For the record Im not going to be at 1PW. I wish I was, however that will not be the case.

1PW Needs to quit advertising us.

That's a bit clearer from XPac posted within the last hour. 1PW must hate twitter!!

I find it amazing that some people who are quick to find Nash's and X-Pac's tweets slagging 1PW off fail to notice the follow up tweets stating that it has been sorted and that they will be attending in May. Not only that, but these same people fail to see in this very thread a number of posts pointing out that Nash has confirmed he has now been paid and is coming. It gives zero credibility to your rant.

1PW Needs to quit advertising us.

You call that "sorted out"?

Archived