1PW - The Last Stand [28/05/2011]

1PW

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah he said yesterday he knew nothing about this show.

And 1PW had no clue Davey Richards has been booked elsewhere and offered no response on it, I guess they'll need time to get in touch with him.

LOL @ The Road Dogg thing. Jesus Christ.

And yeah I noticed on the 1PW FB that they basically had no idea, but then that wasn't Danny or Mark posting.

And to the someone who said about ROH announcing Davey for a show he wasn't at... They announced him for a Saturday show when he WAS appearing on the Friday. It was a mistake and was quickly changed.

Davey has been announced for a full tour of Japan starting the day before the 1PW weekend and lasting until the 10th of June. Davey has agreed UK/European bookings and taken a NJPW tour before in December, but at least then he hadn't been officially announced for those shows. Davey was supposed to work England again in March, but chose to take a New York booking instead and then told the English guys afterwards.

So I don't think 1PW is to blame at all here. But Davey will ALWAYS choose Japan over a European booking, even an American one if it isn't ROH and even then they accomodate his schedule.

• Paid Members

Although i was wanting to give 1PW the chance to proove themselves (Again) , [*not by attending any of these shows, but by seeing if they could actually deliver], Im guessing for the most part some of these shows will be called off some time soon?

No Nash, Davey, Hall, X-pac or Road dogg?

1pw fail again. How long before it closes then re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-opens? 1PW is starting to become that pub that keeps closing and re-opens, but gets worse every time, all for the chance of making a living from a "Well Established" name.

Proper poor.

• Paid Members
Erm... Nash is there, is he not? And if he's there, X-Pac's there.

The Davey thing is completely not down to them. That leaves... umm... Road Dogg? Anyways, of the people going to see Nash and the likes, do they give a fuck about Davey Richards?

Unless he's suddenly gotten his money, he said on twitter 1pw hadent paid him his deposit and wasnet coming. Bar that it comes across as poor if one the guys didnt even know about the show.

Unsure about richard, i'd prefer to see nash rather than him, but im sure some people would want to see him also.

For someone who follows him on Twitter, you don't really keep up to speed on this do you? Nash said he got his money. It was discussed in great length in that big Nash thread actually. It was then said that if Nash had kept his mouth shut, the big furore probably wouldn't have happened.

Of course, 1PW WILL fail again. Just doesn't appear to be now.

• Paid Members
For someone who follows him on Twitter, you don't really keep up to speed on this do you? Nash said he got his money. It was discussed in great length in that big Nash thread actually. It was then said that if Nash had kept his mouth shut, the big furore probably wouldn't have happened.

Of course, 1PW WILL fail again. Just doesn't appear to be now.

I only saw the previous update about him not coming over, Still interested to see if 1pw will update this thread though? General info, matches etc?

• Paid Members

How many people have they advertised now without having them booked and set to be there? Whatever your opinion is of this company, you cant defend that can you? Nash, X-Pac, Scott Hall, DDP and now Road Dogg have all either given this company shit for not paying them or cancelled. Its mad when you think about it.

Whatever your opinion is of this company, you cant defend that can you?

Absolutely. I've been banging on about it for yonks now. I said that if they went for a good while with no hitches I'd consider giving the benefit of the doubt, but months in and all sorts of stupid stuff happens. The "it could happen to anyone" stuff becomes irrelevant when it doesn't. It happens to 1PW. Almost every time.

I don't really believe that the Nash thing was just an innocent mistake either. Maybe if there wasn't so much history I'd be inclined to believe it, and maybe it WAS, but I'm more inclined to believe someone has bailed them out.

1pw's Facebook account has confirmed what everybody already knew and that Davey Richards WON'T be appearing at this event in May. :

Davey Richards will no longer be at the 1PW shows in the UK in May. We had it fully confirmed today, it was up in the air for a while due to the Japan earthquake etc. but Davey is a contracted wrestler in Japan and HAS to take them bookings over any other bookings, which we are totally fine with! good look Davey and see you later on in the year.

Smashing!

Uhhh, what?

NJPW always hold the BOSJ in late May through to the middle of June. Davey was at least booked by the end of Feb which was when he was used on posters. How did the Japanese earthquake that happened in the middle of March affect anything????

It's not like you could even say they wouldn't be sure of running shows (by the end of May.....) as they only cancelled 4 shows, one of which was the day of the earthquake. So when Davey was officially announced by NJPW four days ago...... What did the tragedy have to do with anything?

Look, if Davey agreed your booking and then got called by NJPW, why make up such a paper thin excuse like the earthquake?

Just seems stupid to me is all....

The Earthquake is all too easy to blame things on. I don't buy it.

I'll go watch 1PW shows as I've stated many times.....it's quite close to me locally and I've had a vested interest in it since 2006/2007 but fuck I'm glad I never pay upfront and only reserve my tickets.

Archived