1PW - The Last Stand [28/05/2011]

1PW

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1PW is continuing to push its tag team division.. What better way to add to the tag team ranks by adding The Leaders (Marty Scurll & Zack Sabre Jr) who will make there official One Pro Wrestling Debut on the stacked weekend of May for 1PW - Road To Destiny, 1PW - The Last Stand AND 1PW Unconventional

Always glad to see The Leaders on a card :thumbsup:

One of the nights needs to have them face Fight Club. I was gutted that didn't happen on the PW101 show it was announced for.

I know Leaders vs Hubba Bubba Lucha has been attempted a couple of times. Maybe you'd have more success that IPW did? I know Bubblegum is semi retired, but hopefully it is the sort of match he's interested in.

Teaming Davey up on one night to face them would be good too. Any chance of Eddie Edwards returning to the UK for this? Failing that, Noam Dar and Davey vs Leaders sounds good ;)

The show's local for me, so take as long as you want :laugh:

In all seriousness, there's so many imports on this show that I wouldn't be greedy and ask for more. I'm sure there's enough talent appearing over this weekend to make three excellent cards.

Oh, and so you know, Leaders vs Project Ego was excellent last year ;)

Edit with a quick question: I know the Insiders q&a was set for the morning, with an afternoon show and then the main show. Now that there will be no afternoon show, will the q&a times be changed? Im concerned there will be a lot of hanging round with very little to do if the times stay the same

The show's local for me, so take as long as you want :laugh:

In all seriousness, there's so many imports on this show that I wouldn't be greedy and ask for more. I'm sure there's enough talent appearing over this weekend to make three excellent cards.

Oh, and so you know, Leaders vs Project Ego was excellent last year ;)

Edit with a quick question: I know the Insiders q&a was set for the morning, with an afternoon show and then the main show. Now that there will be no afternoon show, will the q&a times be changed? Im concerned there will be a lot of hanging round with very little to do if the times stay the same

No we will have exciting news on that soon.. failing that, if it doesn't happen, then it may be changed ;)

Excellent news about The Leaders. I missed them take on the Ego boys so I'd be happy as hell with that, in fact probably happier with that as a one off match than I would be with The Leaders taking on Fight Club as I think that'd make for a top series of matches for the tag straps.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess they can't be arsed to post here anymore but

1PW Announcement

Hey Guys, regardless of the outcome here, i know we will come across as the bad guys. but after much thought, consideration and back and fourth communication from Kevin Nash, for his own health, safety and well being Scott Hall will NOT be attending The Last Stand.

We hope Scott recovers quickly and we wish him all the best in the recovery. we will try and have him over again at The Anniversary Show if all goes well. but for now, on both sides we cannot take the risk of something happening to him over here in the UK.

We hope you understand. we will offer refunds if people want them, or they can chose any items of 1PW Stock to make up for this. Get well soon Scott.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=2...59&comments

Probably for the best, hope Hall gets well soon, though was hoping for some on the road Last Call With Scott Hall vids from this trip if he had have made it.

BEST OF THE SUPER Jr.XVIII [ 5/26 to 6/10] All 18 Participants Announced:

A Block:

Prince Devitt (2010 Winner)

Kohji Kanemoto ('98, '02 & '09 Winner)

Tiger Mask ('04 & '05 Winner)

...Taichi

Jado [CHAOS]

Davey Richards [CHAOS/ROH]

Fujita "Jr" Hayato [MICHINOKU]

Kenny Omega [DDT]

TJP (TJ Perkins) (First Appearance)

Yeah I don't know what Davey's problem with England is seen as this is the third UK show in a row he's not gonna be at, and second in a row that he's taken other bookings instead of.

• Paid Members

Is everyone booked for this then? There's only a month left. It would be nice if we can get at least a guarentee. Would be shit if it turns out we have another Kevin Nash situation, where DDP or X-Pac hasnt been paid or something. There's only DDP, X-Pac and Nash worth seeing to be fair, now Hall's pulled out. Road Dogg and Billy Gunn wrestled in a leisure centre next to our house about a year ago.

Archived