Two big names supposedly confirmed for the Rumble

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
I've just been watching all the Paparazzi TNA segments on YouTube to get me ready for tonight. And all these killjoys can get to fuckery.

Probably the most legit funny thing in wrestling history. It was bellyachingly funny. All the bland X Div wrestlers all got in on the act as well, and were pretty funny as well. Which made a change from all them wearing the same shit and no selling everything. People bang on about the glory days of the X Division, but the real glory days for me was mid-2006 to early 2007. Nash was brilliant.

Absolutely. What you also have to remember is that all the guys in those segments - Shelley, Senshi, Starr, Dutt, Lethal and so on - came from that workrate fappery background where segments like Paparazzi would be roundly frowned upon by people like Richie. Yet they all clearly fucking loved being a part of them and they did almost all of them the world of good for at the very least a short while. They were fantastic segments.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the love for the Nash skits in 2006 and 2007, him and Alex Shelly had awesome comedy timing togeather

I wouldnt have known about this but Fin Martin had it on his Twitter, wish I would have had a suprise but still I like seeing old stars enter the Rumble and the huge pop they usually get

• Paid Members
When were the glory days of the X-Division? Or is it one of those modern major TNA fallacies like "It was best when it was in the asylum" and "TNA was awesome in 2009"?

It was at it's best when the Knockouts were at their peak, them and people like Samoa Joe are what got TNA noticed. It was when guys like Nash and Sting came in to pad their pensions that the product went downhill. I doubt they'll even make it to the end of the month.

• Paid Members
When were the glory days of the X-Division? Or is it one of those modern major TNA fallacies like "It was best when it was in the asylum" and "TNA was awesome in 2009"?

Thats the one. The "bring back Elix Skipper" lot, who forget that TNA's main event always featured over 40s even in the early days. Nikita Koloff, The Road Warriors and Dusty Rhodes filled up a lot of the headline slots in 2003.

• Paid Members
I've just been watching all the Paparazzi TNA segments on YouTube to get me ready for tonight. And all these killjoys can get to fuckery.

Probably the most legit funny thing in wrestling history. It was bellyachingly funny. All the bland X Div wrestlers all got in on the act as well, and were pretty funny as well. Which made a change from all them wearing the same shit and no selling everything. People bang on about the glory days of the X Division, but the real glory days for me was mid-2006 to early 2007. Nash was brilliant.

That's why I'm disappointed Nash probably isn't going to be in TNA. I just don't think WWE would let him piss around as much, and that's when he's at his best for me.

Still, it'll be fun to see where he ends up if he's here for the long haul. Maybe he'll face Undertaker at Wrestlemania? They could play into the whole HBK/Diesel relationship and maybe even have HBK referee.

Actually, sod it. That's what I'm calling. Undertaker-Diesel at Wrestlemania with Shawn Michaels as special guest ref.

It would certainly be pretty cool for nostalgic value to see Kevin Nash come out as Diesel and give us quarter of an hour or so in the rumble. Maybe even go nuts and eliminate some ham n eggers like in 1994 or something. It would have to be as Diesel though.

Booker T, on the other hand, would be more likely to make me switch off. He's quite possibly the dullest wrestler/character to ever have been around the WWE main event scene.

• Paid Members

People like him because he's funny, cool and because we are familiar with him from back in the day. The people who like him are the fans of Diesel when we were 10 and fans of the nWo when we were in our teen years. I loved Nash when I was in junior school when he was WWF Champion and the product was aimed at people my age and I loved Nash when I was 14 and trying desperatly to look good and cool as him while my voice was going mental and hair was growing in places it wasnt before. He was a big part of the business during a lot of our prime years as fans. And when a lot of us got indifferent to the business, he's care free attitude and ability to make us laugh and take the piss out of everything made us connect with him because he was good for comic relief. No irony for me. I think he's ace. Always have.

Also, he was in the Clique, the nWo, the Outsiders, the Wolfpac and the Main Event Mafia! He's the don.

I know Kevin Nash is a bigger legend than Booker T but do you think Nash will out-pop Booker with the live crowd? Booker was in the WWE more recently than Nash after all and I would say there has been a huge turnover of fans since Nash was last in the WWE in 2003. Or is Nash big enough that he always get a big pop regardless of how long he's been gone?

Archived