Two big names supposedly confirmed for the Rumble

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
SPOILERS ON TWO BIG NAMES SET FOR THE ROYAL RUMBLE PPV

By Mike Johnson on 2011-01-29 15:24:26

Booker T and Kevin Nash are both booked for the Royal Rumble as surprises, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

As I noted yesterday, I suspected Booker was scheduled based on recent discussions with the company and based on Booker being pulled from his scheduled appearance at the New Orleans Comic Con. Company sources confirmed this morning he is in the Rumble.

WWE sources have also confirmed that Kevin Nash is booked for the Rumble and is scheduled to fly into Boston later today. Nash, who was in discussions with TNA as late as yesterday to finally finalize his deal to return to the company, will instead make his first appearance in a WWE ring in years.

TNA sources confirmed they ended their discussions with Nash within the last several days. The two sides had been going back and forth on signing a new deal in recent months and at one point, sources indicated that a new deal was done. That led to Nash accusing TNA's office of leaking the information, which led to new rounds of negotiations. Nash admitted in a recent interview he was negotiating with TNA. Those discussions ended sometime within the last 24-48 hours. Nash has been pulled off the TNA website's roster.

If this is true, I might buy Royal Rumble, and fuck the streaming nonesense. Fuck Booker T, thats none news. A Big Daddy Cool return has got me frothing at the mouth. Getting Kev back onside will open up millions of opportunities, such as DVD's, new figures and video game appearances. As well as a HOF induction.

One question remains: who are "They"?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

AWESOME, we already knew the Rumble was Big, now we know its also going to be Sexy.

One question remains: who are "They"?

Knowing TNA, they will press the "emergency" button and either reunite the Steiner Brothers and send out Animal and the Nasty Boys, or else wheel out X-Pac and the Outlaws.

I'm still holding out for Steve Keirn, David Sammartino and Jim Powers.

• Paid Members
Nash?!? Damn, I wish I'd not read this now, that would have been a fantastic surprise. Damn my curiousity.

I feel the same, but I always have to look!

Im annoyed too.

But mainly because I HAVE to watch this live now. Its not the same with a torrent on monday afternoon. Really looking forward to Nash, couldnt give a fuck about Booker.

• Paid Members

It's always the way, nobody wants to have big returns spoiled, but at the same time it's too hard to resist taking a peek in a thread like this. I still would consider it a big shock if Big Kev showed up though, even having read the above. It won't stop me marking out.

• Paid Members

Will he be Diesel? Will he have grey hair? What music will they play? Is he going to WrestleMania, baby? There's many questions to be answers tomorrow night. Hopefully we get a little Triple H and Kevin Nash action tomorrow night, if HHH returns as well. An ideal situation would be for Nash's music to hit while both the Corr and the Nexus are standing in the ring together, and Nash can chuck the lot out.

Archived