Two big names supposedly confirmed for the Rumble

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I need to avoid the internet altogether for a couple of days before a PPV as this was spoiled for me earlier by someone on face book. :angry: still really looking forward to see how it all plays out tonight. I am going to make a completely bold and random prediction and say Steve Blackman will make an appearance tonight... You heard it here first. ;)

Nash?!? Damn, I wish I'd not read this now, that would have been a fantastic surprise. Damn my curiousity.

I feel the same, but I always have to look!

Im annoyed too.

But mainly because I HAVE to watch this live now. Its not the same with a torrent on monday afternoon. Really looking forward to Nash, couldnt give a fuck about Booker.

I'm annoyed with myself for clicking this thread as well.

Diesel coming out in full Big Daddy Cool attire and Booker hitting a bunch of kicks and then the spinn-a-rooni would have both made me more exited than guys like Great Khali and Triple H who everyone, myself included were predicting here http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2289236 could dream of (they still will if they happen).

Not sure how they would 'fit in' long term but I think either would be good for a short run in the build up to WrestleMania.

I was expecting Booker last year (although I was away/missed last year's Rumble) so when it didn't happen I wasn't expecting him this year.

I sometimes think I'm the biggest Booker T. fan around... well, apart from JBL. And he's not even my favourite wrestler. But still I like the guy.

Have done since his early days when he was really raw but reminded me a bit of Kevin Von Erich - great athlete who had a sort of awkwardness where his stuff just looked stiff as hell with the kicks/flying moves, etc. that really suited his work and Von Erich although a better worker also had that 'awkward' feel to a lot of his stuff. I like watching guys career's develop and he's one of those guys I liked in WCW (along with The Giant and Rey Mysterio) so for me it was really cool to see him do well in WWE the last time around. That little faction he had with Finlay and Regal in 2006 was one of my favourites of recent years - three really physical guys who just beat people up and didn't bother flying around or thinking about with whether it all looked neat and tidy.

ALL HAIL KING BOOKAH!

Please? :(

I want the crowd COMPLETELY screwed. Shove Sheamus in the ring. Have him alone and on the mic.

"I'M the true King! No one can beat me!"

HHH! HHH! HHH! HHH!

ALL HAIL KING BOOKAH!

That would be pretty funny. I also think a Booker/Sheamus feud over who the real King is could be a good way to pass the time until Triple H comes back. Presuming Sheamus goes over it would give him another win over a 'name opponent' so I'm all for it.

Bring Bradshaw back on commentary to talk about how great he is just for the match. Hell go the whole way and have Regal do the Monty Python joke again. Bring in and/or back Stevie Ray, The Patriot, Handsome Stranger (Marcus Bagwell in a Lone Ranger mask), The Simpsons and Scotty Anthony (Raven) whilst their at it and have a Global Reunion.

WrestleMania XXVII: JBL, Harlem Heat, and Stars & Stripes w/ Bonnie Blackstone vs. The Clique (Hall, Nash, X-Pac, HHH & Justin Credible) w/ Shawn Michaels. Make it happen, Vince!

Not going to get into the Nash discussion, since it seems like only last week we had that in the Jackson Andrews thread, other than to say that Royal Rumble 1994 was the performance where he first got over.

In one night he went from being

I dont get the love for Steve Blackman. Is it some sort of in joke amongst the internet fans? He didn't draw, was a shit worker and is about 50 years old. Must be irony or something.

:)

I liked him because his gimmick was that he was dead hard and twatted people with sticks. I thought he was pretty decent myself and would like to see more rock hard bastards with martial art head case gimmicks.

internet fans

What exactly are

• Paid Members
I dont get the love for Steve Blackman. Is it some sort of in joke amongst the internet fans? He didn't draw, was a shit worker and is about 50 years old. Must be irony or something.

Some bits of his hardcore run were okay initially, but he had the charisma of a skirting board and absolutely no-one gave the shiniest shite about him. The demand for him to make a return is zero.

• Paid Members
I know Kevin Nash is a bigger legend than Booker T but do you think Nash will out-pop Booker with the live crowd? Booker was in the WWE more recently than Nash after all and I would say there has been a huge turnover of fans since Nash was last in the WWE in 2003. Or is Nash big enough that he always get a big pop regardless of how long he's been gone?

When Diesel came out and I was all excited my 2 mates didn't have a fucking clue who he was, although one of them recognised the name Kevin Nash :(

wonder what wade barrett thinks of kevin nash after he cut that promo on him saying he would fuck him up and shag his wife lol

What?

• Paid Members

I feel like some context is needed. Why were they having a pop at Barrett in the first place? and why was Nash talking like he was stone or pissed or something?

He was talking about Sheamus running away from Nexus at the Fatal 4 Way PPV and was saying if it was one of the established stars like the Undertaker, WWE wouldnt have had him run away. He then went off on one about Wade Barrett being a big guy but needing a group to fight his battles for him or something. And that was probably the only clip where Nash didn't have a glass of red wine in his hand.

The best line of the whole shoot interview was X-Pac saying "Hardy and RVD are money" and Nash saying "yeah, they are money. Money going out of TNA's fuckin' account and getting none back for it" before proper booming with laughter. He's a funny guy.

Archived