UFC 127: Penn vs Fitch Discussion thread

wandshogun09

I'm not saying that in any way your opinion should be swayed by Meltzer, Helwani or anyone else...nor that mine has...my purpose for pointing out Helwani's opinion was that although I have said 10-8, he was even further away from 10-7 and to be honest when it comes down to who's opinion is worth more...a professional MMA ''expert'' or mine or yours...then I think anyone would make the same decision. Added to the fact that out of everyone on here that's had an opinion on the subject to my memory only you have said it was a 10-7 let alone argued so passionately for it being one.

With regards to your comparison with Helwani/yourself due to the face you have made money from writing about MMA....I genuinely am saying this with as much respect as possible but there are two things I would say;

1. my point wasn't that simply because he makes money from it his opinion is worthwhile...Gareth A. Davies makes money from it and he couldn't remember Jim Wallhead's name....what I was saying is that he not only makes money but is very well respected by the fans and the fighters...meaning that not only does he make money from it but he's so well respected because he's good at what he does. Again without trying to cause offence and only to state a point, no professional fighter gives a fuck what MoChatra's opinion on their fight was....nor my opinion...nor anybody elses on here...if any of us were that good at having an opinion on it then we wouldn't have time to be putting multiple lengthy posts on the UKFF about it :laugh:

2. with regards to you saying that you make money from writing about MMA...I've made money from playing football...but I wouldn't say that entitled me to garner the same level of credibility on that subject as a well respected professional. Comparing yourself to Helwani because you also make money from it is like comparing a local burger van man to Gordon Ramsey...they both make money from selling food...but it really isn't the same thing.

Again i'm genuinely not trying to revert back to you and I going tit for tat nor directly insult you in any way I'm just trying to outline my point and why I stand by my original opinion on it.

Interesting that you're avoiding all my points about the scoring. Struggling to argue against them without others' help, eh?

Regarding Helwani, I'll ask you a question. Why has he become one of the best known MMA journalists around? Is it because he has an encyclopaedic knowledge of MMA and consistently writes the most well informed and thought provoking articles, or is it because of his video interviews and that he's got well in with UFC and does use that to break news stories before other journalists?

Well, if you're not sure- it's the latter. You can even get in touch with him and ask him yourself. He'd admit himself that he's not the most knowledgeable or authoritative of MMA journos around, but he's become very well known largely off the back of the video interviews which is what has set him apart from the likes of Josh Gross, Jeff Sherwood, Loretta Hunt and their like. Also, he's one of the more charismatic and engaging personalities amongst the main MMA writers, so that has helped him to befriend many fighters, trainers, promoters and other individuals in MMA. The Lesnar/Undertaker situation also really helped with his profile. The point is, just because Ariel is one of the best known MMA writers around, it's not really because he's a massive expert on the sport.

Also, you go on about all these MMA writers yet you do realise that many of the guys you regularly see in the press section at UFC events don't make a full time living covering MMA? Many of them cover other sports and several actually have day jobs but write for websites as a thing on the side from which they make some money- just like me. However, I write in a pro wrestling mag which most fighters don't read and hardly any in the US, so I'll be less well known than even fringe writers in some of these MMA magazines and mid-level MMA websites. It doesn't therefore mean that I know less about MMA because Alan Belcher doesn't know who the fuck I am- and that argument from you is so fucking ridiculous it's actually hysterical. By that retarded logic, John Lister knows fuck all about wrestling because nobody in the WWE locker room has heard of him. Yeah, really clever logic there.

All that aside, though- I'm not having a debate with Ariel Helwani, I'm having a debate with you. I am genuinely saying this with as much respect as possible:

a) you don't know fuck all about MMA

b) you're a nobody.

No offence and all, mate. :thumbsup:

At which point did I say it had anything to do with Helwani being well known? I said it was to do with how well respected his opinion is...you can't just change every point I make so it is easier for you to dismiss...well actually you can...because you have practically every time I've written an opinion...but you're destroying any credibility you may have had by doing so.

I mean even on the point of Helwani let alone anything else my argument was that I didn't understand how with his opinion being so well respected by fans and fighters alike you could dismiss it by saying that you didn't take it to mean 'anything'.

As you can view clearly above you come back saying that ''just because he makes money from it doesn't mean he knows better than me, I make money from MMA writing blah blah blah''.

I come back and again CLEARLY state that it's not because he's making money it's about his opinion being so well respected that makes me not know how you can dismiss it.

Then again as you can view clearly above you come back saying ''just because he's more well known than me doesn't mean he knows better''.

At no stage anywhere do I say his opinion is worth more than yours because he makes more money or is well known...I don't know where you are getting this from so please explain!?

As far as I can see nobody else has even suggested that either which leaves me only to assume that this is something you have came up with in your own head...and it was you that called me insecure earlier in this thread?

With anything that I write and any opinion I make you seem more interested in trying to discredit me and make yourself out to be some kind of MMA expert than you do actually reading my point and adressing it with your own opinion.

Read my post as many times as you like...it doesn't say that because Helwani is well known and you're not known he knows more than you, nor does it say that because he makes more money he knows more than you...what it says is that I don't think you're justfied saying that you don't take his opinion as 'anything'.

You've even gone to the length of saying that the Lesnar/Undertaker thing really helped his profile...what the hell has his profile got to do with anything at all?

Maybe that brought his name out to more mainstream or wrestling crossover fans...but real MMA fans have known and respected the opinions of Helwani since way before that. I severely doubt that hardcore MMA fans or fighters gave a shit about his involvement in the Lesnar/Taker stuff.

Also at no time do I say that he's right and you're wrong...and my comparisons with people in other fields again are not to say that the better known or higher earning person is right and the other is wrong, simply that for someone who's opinions aren't very well respected to say that they don't take the opinions of well respected people in the same or similar field to mean 'anything' is a crazy or at the very least extremely ignorant thing to say.

You say I am avoiding your points regarding your opinion on it being a 10-7 round yet all you have done is regurgitate a copy and paste job of printed rules that you had already posted previously and I had already responded to...if you can't remember then please have a look back through.

With your rant about Helwani only being so well known because ''he does video interviews and got well in with the UFC'' as well as the totally random mention of the publicity the Lesnar/Undertaker thing garnered, it does look awfully like you're suggesting that you are some genius MMA writer that's way better than Helwani that has only not been discovered because you haven't had a lucky break and aren't big pals with big stars and the UFC, maybe that's the case...maybe I am wrong and maybe the fact that you're the ONLY person here that thinks the third round was a 10-7 is the sign that you are highly superior to the rest of us all...or maybe you are wrong and just have a total inability to even consider that as a possibility.

I think it's hilarious that you suggested I contact him and ask whether he thinks that he is only well known because he's mates with fighters, got in close with the UFC and got a lot of attention from the Lesnar/Undertaker thing and does he think that he isn't very knowledgeable on MMA.

You also mention how his media attention set's him above other respected MMA writers...well at no time did I every bring that into an argument, mention that, or dispute it, this whole thing has been about you saying that you didn't take his opinion to mean 'anything'.

The whole point was with regards to you...and him, it's not like you're Hunt, Sherwood or Gross now is it?

I think it's amazing that you called me childish and criticised me for insulting you earlier in this thread...(which I admit in hindsight was stupid of me) only to come back and do exactly the same thing to me. I apologise for calling you a 'tard, but with regards to me saying that I thought your work on TWC was awful and that I believed that was an opinion shared by a majority I stand by it as that's not me trying to insult you nor being spiteful, petty or childish...it's me having an opinion (albeit a popular one) and voicing it.

I think it's pretty rich that you got up on your high horse about me calling you a 'tard (which again I admit was silly) yet when I try my best to construct a well mannered and easily explained post questioning one of the opinions you have stated, you respond by saying I don't know fuck all about MMA, my opinion is fucking ridiculous, I have retarded logic and i'm a nobody.

Well you're right about one thing...I am a nobody, I'm a regular guy who works a regular job which I make a nice living from and talking about MMA on the internet is my hobby and I have absolutely no disillusions about that.

All I would suggest is that if you have any real aspirations of ever holding any form of credibility with regards to your opinions on MMA then you spend less time trying to discredit and de-value the opinions of a self confessed nobody and more time on justifying your own.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
At which point did I say it had anything to do with Helwani being well known? I said it was to do with how well respected his opinion is...you can't just change every point I make so it is easier for you to dismiss...well actually you can...because you have practically every time I've written an opinion...but you're destroying any credibility you may have had by doing so.

I pick up on the 'well known' point because it's completely linked to the respect you talk about. It's you who said:

(Ariel) is widely respected by fans and fighters alike whereas for everyone on here this is a hobby.

no professional fighter gives a fuck what MoChatra's opinion on their fight was

See- the point you're making about 'respect' isn't solely about 'respect'. It's about how, as you put it, WIDELY respected someone is. I then went on to explain the EXACT reason why he is respected- BECAUSE HE'S THE BEST INTERVIEWER IN MMA. Not because he's more knowledgeable than all other MMA writers. Not because he produces the best analytical articles. NEWSFLASH: you don't have to be incredibly knowledgeable about MMA to be really good at interviewing people. There are a large number of writers out there who have more knowledge and understanding of MMA- who have followed MMA for longer, who more closely follow the independent scene, who understand the fighting itself in more depth- but they write for less well known websites and for them it's only a hobby. They are hugely respected by the people who read their websites but because 'no professional fighter gives a fuck' what they think, THEN BY YOUR FUCKING STUPID LOGIC their views and opinions don't mean as much as Ariels.

I mean even on the point of Helwani let alone anything else my argument was that I didn't understand how with his opinion being so well respected by fans and fighters alike you could dismiss it by saying that you didn't take it to mean 'anything'.

As you can view clearly above you come back saying that ''just because he makes money from it doesn't mean he knows better than me, I make money from MMA writing blah blah blah''.

I come back and again CLEARLY state that it's not because he's making money it's about his opinion being so well respected that makes me not know how you can dismiss it.

Then again as you can view clearly above you come back saying ''just because he's more well known than me doesn't mean he knows better''.

At no stage anywhere do I say his opinion is worth more than yours because he makes more money or is well known...I don't know where you are getting this from so please explain!?

So what point are you trying to make with "NO PROFESSIONAL FIGHTER GIVES A FUCK..." if you're not trying to say his opinion is worth more than someone elses?

As far as I can see nobody else has even suggested that either which leaves me only to assume that this is something you have came up with in your own head...and it was you that called me insecure earlier in this thread?

With anything that I write and any opinion I make you seem more interested in trying to discredit me and make yourself out to be some kind of MMA expert than you do actually reading my point and adressing it with your own opinion.

I'm not trying to make myself out to be anything. I'm just calling you out for being a trolling, argumentative person who is so wrapped up in trying to 'win' an argument with me, you're not even paying attention to what you're saying, never mind what I'm saying.

Read my post as many times as you like...it doesn't say that because Helwani is well known and you're not known he knows more than you, nor does it say that because he makes more money he knows more than you...what it says is that I don't think you're justfied saying that you don't take his opinion as 'anything'.

Of course I'm fucking justified. By that logic, HEY FOLKS: EVERY TIME ALAN HANSEN OR ALAN SHEARER COME OUT WITH A VIEW ON MATCH OF THE DAY THAT YOU DON'T AGREE WITH, IT IS COMPLETELY OUTRAGEOUS FOR YOU TO DISMISS THEIR VIEWS. RESPECT PEOPLE IN THE KNOW!!!

You seem to be coming to the conclusion that by someone saying someone else's view doesn't mean anything to them, they are being outrageously disrespectful. I'm not, because PEOPLE DISAGREE ALL THE FUCKING TIME. There are certain pro wrestlers who have achieved an incredible amount in pro wrestling who say Ric Flair is and always has been a shit worker. In the absolute SAME WAY, their view also means nothing to me (e.g. Bret Hart). That doesn't mean I don't respect the hell out of him- I just disagree with him on one of his views. Jesus Christ! :omg:

You've even gone to the length of saying that the Lesnar/Undertaker thing really helped his profile...what the hell has his profile got to do with anything at all?

Again, you go on about how he's so WIDELY RESPECTED, well that's been helped a great deal by the publicity he got after that incident. His twitter following shot up massively after that situation, making lots more people aware of him, who then have checked out his work and developed respect for him in that way.

Maybe that brought his name out to more mainstream or wrestling crossover fans...but real MMA fans have known and respected the opinions of Helwani since way before that. I severely doubt that hardcore MMA fans or fighters gave a shit about his involvement in the Lesnar/Taker stuff.

Yeah, he made his name through FanHouse, and again, that was largely because of his video interviews. Again, if the Lesnar/'Taker stuff was no big deal, why did his twitter following double?

Also at no time do I say that he's right and you're wrong...and my comparisons with people in other fields again are not to say that the better known or higher earning person is right and the other is wrong, simply that for someone who's opinions aren't very well respected to say that they don't take the opinions of well respected people in the same or similar field to mean 'anything' is a crazy or at the very least extremely ignorant thing to say.

I've already addressed this and pointed out the stupidity of your logic. In case you missed it the first time: SAYING SOMEONE'S OPINION DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE BEING DISRESPECTFUL TOWARDS THEM.

You go on about how I'm not very well respected. Sure, there are people who don't respect me at all, but there's shitloads of people who totally do respect me (many Powerslam readers, most of who are not members of the UKFF) and certainly a darnsight more than you. So by your own logic, shouldn't you reverse your position in harping on about how MY opinion doesn't mean anything to YOU? Yeah, show some respect! :)

• Paid Members
You say I am avoiding your points regarding your opinion on it being a 10-7 round yet all you have done is regurgitate a copy and paste job of printed rules that you had already posted previously and I had already responded to...if you can't remember then please have a look back through.

You had responded by seeking clarification about how many blows had been landed, and your main line of argument was that statistics can be 'misleading' and that nobody else is arguing for a 10-7, so I must be wrong!

I then laid out a very clear clarification of what had happened in that third round, once again reiterated the rules and explained why some people (like Ariel) had scored it a 10-9 based on misconceptions about the rules and finally looked at what description of a 10-8 and 10-7 fits that final round best. You haven't responded at all.

And let me point out another thing you seemed to have missed- I already agreed way back in this thread that based on how MMA fights are really scored, that round should have been a 10-8. So we actually agree. My point was about how rounds should be scored if the rules are properly adhered to. There is a difference, but it's not like you'll realise because this point just continues to go 'WHOOSH' over your head over and over.

With your rant about Helwani only being so well known because ''he does video interviews and got well in with the UFC'' as well as the totally random mention of the publicity the Lesnar/Undertaker thing garnered, it does look awfully like you're suggesting that you are some genius MMA writer that's way better than Helwani that has only not been discovered because you haven't had a lucky break and aren't big pals with big stars and the UFC, maybe that's the case...maybe I am wrong and maybe the fact that you're the ONLY person here that thinks the third round was a 10-7 is the sign that you are highly superior to the rest of us all...or maybe you are wrong and just have a total inability to even consider that as a possibility.

I'm a 'genius MMA writer'. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You're actually now reaching the point where you're funnier than the person you've stolen your name from.

I shouldn't even dignify such utter, laughable tosh with a response, but I might as well. I have absolutely no desire to do what Ariel does (and by the way, you're wrong if you think he makes a living solely off of MMA). I am really busy juggling a professional career with being a husband and a father whilst trying to follow both pro wrestling and MMA. As it is, I just about find the time to contribute pieces to PowerSlam, so taking on substantially more work just to become more well known or a more high profile MMA writer is something I'm not interested in.

I could have got into the press section for any European UFC event in recent years yet I've only attended UFC 38 in 2002, UFC 70 in 2007 and then another one in Birmingham around 2008/09. If I had aspirations to become a somebody in MMA writing circles, I'd be there at every single show, probably writing for one of the MMA websites and becoming best buddies with some of the local MMA fighters in the region like Dan Hardy and Andre Winner. I'm not interested. I'm very happy doing the limited stuff I do, so your theory that I'm jealous of Ariel is, sadly for you, well off the mark. Nice try, though. :thumbsup:

I think it's hilarious that you suggested I contact him and ask whether he thinks that he is only well known because he's mates with fighters, got in close with the UFC and got a lot of attention from the Lesnar/Undertaker thing and does he think that he isn't very knowledgeable on MMA.

You also mention how his media attention set's him above other respected MMA writers...well at no time did I every bring that into an argument, mention that, or dispute it, this whole thing has been about you saying that you didn't take his opinion to mean 'anything'.

The whole point was with regards to you...and him, it's not like you're Hunt, Sherwood or Gross now is it?

The above blocked quote is just rambling nonsense which you've already said above. You REALLY should try to avoid posting late at night because you're just blabbering on and constantly repeating yourself. Next...

I think it's amazing that you called me childish and criticised me for insulting you earlier in this thread...(which I admit in hindsight was stupid of me) only to come back and do exactly the same thing to me. I apologise for calling you a 'tard, but with regards to me saying that I thought your work on TWC was awful and that I believed that was an opinion shared by a majority I stand by it as that's not me trying to insult you nor being spiteful, petty or childish...it's me having an opinion (albeit a popular one) and voicing it.

Yeah, you are a comedian- hey, you're a voice of the people now. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Since when has a few people on the UKFF become the majority? For every person who criticised me for my TWC work (usually for 'mispronouncing' names, yet those same people weren't interested in criticising Japanese announcers and commentators for 'mispronouncing' Western names; also, I had actually studied the Japanese language as part of my degree at uni), there were plenty more people who praised me for my work. If I was that awful, Sean Herbert would've got rid of me very sharpish- and it's not like nobody else wanted to do that work because there were plenty of people more than ready to do it.

I think it's pretty rich that you got up on your high horse about me calling you a 'tard (which again I admit was silly) yet when I try my best to construct a well mannered and easily explained post questioning one of the opinions you have stated, you respond by saying I don't know fuck all about MMA, my opinion is fucking ridiculous, I have retarded logic and i'm a nobody.

Well you're right about one thing...I am a nobody, I'm a regular guy who works a regular job which I make a nice living from and talking about MMA on the internet is my hobby and I have absolutely no disillusions about that.

All I would suggest is that if you have any real aspirations of ever holding any form of credibility with regards to your opinions on MMA then you spend less time trying to discredit and de-value the opinions of a self confessed nobody and more time on justifying your own.

You clearly missed my comment to David- the 'nobody' comment was me taking the piss out of your 'burger van man' comment.

Again you totally miss the point and change the argument for the third time, you don't even seem to have the ability to read....where do I say I'm not saying his opinion is worth more than someone elses?

I AM saying it's worth more than someone else's and in particular yours...my argument was never that I wasn't saying that, it was pointing out that it wasn't because he earns more money or is much more well known than you.

You say I should respect your opinion and show you respect...you write for the same number of MMA publications as I do.

This whole argument has been about one round that you have scored as 10-7....despite the fact that nobody else on here agrees with you, you are happy to just totally ignore that and are unwilling to even consider that you may be wrong and instead when I come along with a different opinion you call me idiotic, fucking stupid, a troll, etc. etc.

If you want to believe that you could have been right in there 'with the boys' writing all the big MMA/UFC articles etc, etc then good for you, whatever helps you sleep at night...but I tell you what...I don't see any respected journalists in any field with an ounce of credibility or professionalism getting their pants in a twist over somebody on an internet wrestling forum that has a different opinion only to then spit the dummy out and start name calling when that person doesn't just cower into a corner and say....oh sorry how dare I question you're all powerful knowledge.

Look, you're happy with what you do and you're happy with believing that you have a great knowledge about MMA and people respect your opinion...maybe you're right, all i'm saying is not that I don't respect your opinion...but that I believe it is totally wrong. I think we're best just to leave it at that because we're never going to agree.

• Paid Members

I'd rather get punched in the face hundreds of times by Jon Fitch than read the last few pages of this thread.

Anyway, why is no-one else talking about how awesomely entertaining Brian Ebersole was? That guy ruled.

• Paid Members
Anyway, why is no-one else talking about how awesomely entertaining Brian Ebersole was? That guy ruled.

this is true! i was thinking about UFC debuts the other day, can anyone think of a better one? not just in terms of winning because there's been some spectacular ones, but in terms of making an impression/doing something the fans will remember?

• Paid Members

"Michael Bisping is in trouble right now. Michael Bisping is a guy who I liked and have had a good relationship with since the Ultimate Fighter. I'm very disappointed in the way that he conducted himself during that fight. I think the knee was intentional. I think he did do it on purpose. I think he saw (Jorge Rivera) in that position, he looked at him and threw the knee and obviously I don't like what he did after the fighter either. Mike and I still need to talk and I'll figure out what's next for Michael Bisping." Dana White.

• Paid Members
"Michael Bisping is in trouble right now. Michael Bisping is a guy who I liked and have had a good relationship with since the Ultimate Fighter. I'm very disappointed in the way that he conducted himself during that fight. I think the knee was intentional. I think he did do it on purpose. I think he saw (Jorge Rivera) in that position, he looked at him and threw the knee and obviously I don't like what he did after the fighter either. Mike and I still need to talk and I'll figure out what's next for Michael Bisping." Dana White.

I completely agree with Dana. I think Michael Bisping is a nice person, but he has this dark side to him that emerges when he's riled up and that knee was completely an intentional receipt for the videos.

I don't see UFC letting Bisping go, but he'll certainly be on his final chance. That'll play right into the hands of future opponents, who will troll him to a far greater extent than Rivera did knowing that if Bisping pulls shit again, his UFC career will be done, so the ones who like to play mind games will try and unsettle him in the hope he really flips his lid.

Simple solution, give him Belfort.

It'll be a punishment (who wouldn't be afraid of Belfort - bar Silva that is) and it'll also serve as a test to see if Bisping can really cut it on the next level.

Bisping gets punished & rewarded in the same instance really plus Vitor called him out after this show. Thats what I'd do if I were Joe Silva, have that main event the next UK show in June.

• Paid Members
Look, you're happy with what you do and you're happy with believing that you have a great knowledge about MMA and people respect your opinion...maybe you're right, all i'm saying is not that I don't respect your opinion...but that I believe it is totally wrong. I think we're best just to leave it at that because we're never going to agree.

Well, we can agree on something: It's best to leave it, and if you want to take it further, just send me a PM. A final response to your other points:

Again you totally miss the point and change the argument for the third time, you don't even seem to have the ability to read....where do I say I'm not saying his opinion is worth more than someone elses?

I AM saying it's worth more than someone else's and in particular yours...my argument was never that I wasn't saying that, it was pointing out that it wasn't because he earns more money or is much more well known than you.

I didn't dispute that you're saying his opinion is worth more than others because of the respect thing you keep harping on about- I simply challenged that argument because it's ridiculous and I explained exactly why. I didn't say that's not your view.

You say I should respect your opinion and show you respect...you write for the same number of MMA publications as I do.
So do you respect my views on pro wrestling then? :)

This whole argument has been about one round that you have scored as 10-7....despite the fact that nobody else on here agrees with you, you are happy to just totally ignore that and are unwilling to even consider that you may be wrong and instead when I come along with a different opinion you call me idiotic, fucking stupid, a troll, etc. etc.

WHOOSH-WHOOSH-WHOOSH-FUCKETY-WHOOSH! How many times do I have to explain where I'm coming from about 10-7? You still keep going back to the 'nobody agrees with you so you must be wrong and your point is completely without merit' line and once again duck out of discussing it properly. Let's just agree that we're on totally different wavelengths on this particular argument.

If you want to believe that you could have been right in there 'with the boys' writing all the big MMA/UFC articles etc, etc then good for you, whatever helps you sleep at night...but I tell you what...I don't see any respected journalists in any field with an ounce of credibility or professionalism getting their pants in a twist over somebody on an internet wrestling forum that has a different opinion only to then spit the dummy out and start name calling when that person doesn't just cower into a corner and say....oh sorry how dare I question you're all powerful knowledge.

Dave Meltzer, who is THE most respected pro wrestling journalist and arguably THE most respected MMA journalist, gets into arguments with people on wrestling message boards. Plenty of journalists just generally get involved in arguments and flame wars on forums and Twitter all the time. Heck, even Dana White- the most powerful man in MMA- was getting into arguments with regular fans on Twitter recently. By your logic, they also have no credibility either. Yeah, what fucking arseholes they are for debating with people.

Anyway, like I said earlier, if you want to debate any of this, just send me a PM instead of clogging up this thread.

What I would like to read in this thread from you, though, is your views on Dana's comments. They disagree completely with yours on the Bisping situation, and based on all that respect bullshit you're coming out with about Ariel and me, is your view on that knee incident any different given how such a prominent figure has come out with such a clear view on the matter? *cue Jonny Vegas respectfully disagreeing with Dana* :laugh:

• Paid Members
Simple solution, give him Belfort.

It'll be a punishment (who wouldn't be afraid of Belfort - bar Silva that is) and it'll also serve as a test to see if Bisping can really cut it on the next level.

Bisping gets punished & rewarded in the same instance really plus Vitor called him out after this show. Thats what I'd do if I were Joe Silva, have that main event the next UK show in June.

I'd much prefer to see Bisping vs. Sonnen. Sonnen would really crank up all the trollery and make the Rivera videos pale into insignificance. Also, it would be really good at lining up a number one contender to Silva vs. GSP (assuming Georges beats that lay and pray merchant Shields).

Archived