UFC 127: Penn vs Fitch Discussion thread

wandshogun09

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Simple solution, give him Belfort.

It'll be a punishment (who wouldn't be afraid of Belfort - bar Silva that is) and it'll also serve as a test to see if Bisping can really cut it on the next level.

Bisping gets punished & rewarded in the same instance really plus Vitor called him out after this show. Thats what I'd do if I were Joe Silva, have that main event the next UK show in June.

I'd much prefer to see Bisping vs. Sonnen. Sonnen would really crank up all the trollery and make the Rivera videos pale into insignificance. Also, it would be really good at lining up a number one contender to Silva vs. GSP (assuming Georges beats that lay and pray merchant Shields).

Oh yeah, no doubt it would be great for all the trash talk. But realistically Sonnen's contract with UFC is still frozen and is could be anywhere from 6 months - 1 year before he fights again (depending on what happens with his case), so in that aspect Belfort makes more sense.

• Paid Members
Simple solution, give him Belfort.

It'll be a punishment (who wouldn't be afraid of Belfort - bar Silva that is) and it'll also serve as a test to see if Bisping can really cut it on the next level.

Bisping gets punished & rewarded in the same instance really plus Vitor called him out after this show. Thats what I'd do if I were Joe Silva, have that main event the next UK show in June.

I'd much prefer to see Bisping vs. Sonnen. Sonnen would really crank up all the trollery and make the Rivera videos pale into insignificance. Also, it would be really good at lining up a number one contender to Silva vs. GSP (assuming Georges beats that lay and pray merchant Shields).

Oh yeah, no doubt it would be great for all the trash talk. But realistically Sonnen's contract with UFC is still frozen and is could be anywhere from 6 months - 1 year before he fights again (depending on what happens with his case), so in that aspect Belfort makes more sense.

I completely forgot about the court case. In that case, Belfort's just about perfick.

You say I should respect your opinion and show you respect...you write for the same number of MMA publications as I do.
So do you respect my views on pro wrestling then? :)

What I would like to read in this thread from you, though, is your views on Dana's comments. They disagree completely with yours on the Bisping situation, and based on all that respect bullshit you're coming out with about Ariel and me, is your view on that knee incident any different given how such a prominent figure has come out with such a clear view on the matter? *cue Jonny Vegas respectfully disagreeing with Dana* :laugh:

I can't say I've ever came accross anything you've ever written Mo...but clearly your opinion on wrestling would be far more valuable than mine since I have no involvement in the industry at all other than being a fan so yes of course I respect your views on wrestling.

I don't know why you're asking for my opinion on the matter regarding Dana Whites comments then ridiculing my predicted response when of course it's going to be one that continues in the same vein as my earlier points...I don't really see what's so humorous about me having an opinion and sticking to it.

I don't think Bisping's knee was intentional, for the little that it's worth Bisping says it wasn't and Gareth A. Davies spoke on MMA Live about how he and Bisping shared a bus back to the hotel after the fight and he swore to him that it wasn't intentional. The truth is nobody knows for sure what went through Bisping's head just before that knee other than Bisping.

I have never met Bisping, Dana White has and so obviously is going to have a better idea of his character and whether or not he is the kind of guy to do that intentionally.

It doesn't change my opinion on it...but of course Dana White is going to have a better idea than me...to say that he doesn't would be insane.

The main thing for me is why would Bisping risk so much for an intentional knee resulting in a DQ if Rivera can't continue just for one (allegedly pre-meditated and intentional) illegal strike.

Also the medical reports from after the fight show that Rivera didn't suffer a concussion, meaning that the knee couldn't have been as damaging as suggested...now if I hated someone so much that I decided...fuck this, I don't care if I lose via intentional DQ, meaning I'm out of pocket for win bonuses, I move down the ladder for future fights, I lose respect and risk possible fines and suspensions...I'm gonna knee this guy in the head illegally...then i'm gonna knee him so hard that he's going to sleep...if I'm going to intentionally do something illegal and risk all those things then i'm going all in...I'm not going to risk all of that to hit him with something that doesn't even result in a concussion.

forget Sonnen/Bisping, Belfort/Bisping...i wanna see MoChatra/Johnny Vegas!

haha, BAMMA 6 mate...make it happen!

No in all seriousness I would be well up for a good humoured UFC 128 prediction challenge?

End of the day Mo has been openly saying I know fuck all about MMA and my opinions are ridiculous...and I strongly disagree with him...I think it would be a good laugh if the two of us had predictions for the UFC 128 card....winner, round and method with say 1 point for correct winner, 3 points for correct winner and either round/method, then 5 points for the hat-trick?

Make it a signature bet where the winner gets to prepare a signature that the other must keep for 30 days and I think we have a good bit of fun to settle the disagreement once and for all? haha

You up for it Mo?

Ebb would you be up for both of us PM'ing you the predictions then you could post them both into this thread or another...just to avoid one posting predictions before the other then any potential 'copycat' allegations?

• Paid Members
The main thing for me is why would Bisping risk so much for an intentional knee resulting in a DQ if Rivera can't continue just for one (allegedly pre-meditated and intentional) illegal strike.

Also the medical reports from after the fight show that Rivera didn't suffer a concussion, meaning that the knee couldn't have been as damaging as suggested...now if I hated someone so much that I decided...fuck this, I don't care if I lose via intentional DQ, meaning I'm out of pocket for win bonuses, I move down the ladder for future fights, I lose respect and risk possible fines and suspensions...I'm gonna knee this guy in the head illegally...then i'm gonna knee him so hard that he's going to sleep...if I'm going to intentionally do something illegal and risk all those things then i'm going all in...I'm not going to risk all of that to hit him with something that doesn't even result in a concussion.

So because Rivera didn't get concussed, that means it wasn't intentional? How ridiculous. So every time a fighter in any fight throws a punch with full intent AND it connects, but it doesn't cause huge damage or a concussion, then it isn't intentional? Your logic is so beyond bizarre, it's almost frightening.

End of the day Mo has been openly saying I know fuck all about MMA and my opinions are ridiculous...and I strongly disagree with him...I think it would be a good laugh if the two of us had predictions for the UFC 128 card....winner, round and method with say 1 point for correct winner, 3 points for correct winner and either round/method, then 5 points for the hat-trick?

Make it a signature bet where the winner gets to prepare a signature that the other must keep for 30 days and I think we have a good bit of fun to settle the disagreement once and for all? haha

You up for it Mo?

Erm, no. For starters, and for about the THIRD time, the only time I said you know 'fuck all' was when I was parodying something you'd written. Are you so fucking dense that you can't get that even when it's explained? I don't think you know 'fuck all' at all as I'm fully aware you know a fair bit about MMA as you've been posting about the sport for several years here (I think you even used to take part in the MMA prediction league threads I used to run). This 'challenge' just goes to prove your objective all along was to try and show me up, or something along those lines, as further demonstrated by the countless insults you've levelled at me. Having failed miserably through circular arguments, you now want to have a 'prediction contest'! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Even if I beat you in this 'challenge' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:, I gain what? Some stupid thirty day signature? :laugh: What a geek. :nerd:

Sorry to be a party-pooper. :p

So because Rivera didn't get concussed, that means it wasn't intentional? How ridiculous. So every time a fighter in any fight throws a punch with full intent AND it connects, but it doesn't cause huge damage or a concussion, then it isn't intentional? Your logic is so beyond bizarre, it's almost frightening.

You up for it Mo?

Erm, no. For starters, and for about the THIRD time, the only time I said you know 'fuck all' was when I was parodying something you'd written. Are you so fucking dense that you can't get that even when it's explained? I don't think you know 'fuck all' at all as I'm fully aware you know a fair bit about MMA as you've been posting about the sport for several years here (I think you even used to take part in the MMA prediction league threads I used to run). This 'challenge' just goes to prove your objective all along was to try and show me up, or something along those lines, as further demonstrated by the countless insults you've levelled at me. Having failed miserably through circular arguments, you now want to have a 'prediction contest'! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Even if I beat you in this 'challenge' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:, I gain what? Some stupid thirty day signature? :laugh: What a geek. :nerd:

Sorry to be a party-pooper. :p

The part I have highlighted isn't what I have said...whatsoever, once again you've focused on a small point within my post, changed it to something I haven't said, then ridiculed it.

I didn't think for a second you would take part...I have no idea how it proves your paranoid theory that me having an opinion is secretly me having an objective of trying to show you up.

You're showing yourself up...in the same post that you criticise me for having insulted you, you ridicule me for suggesting a good natured friendly prediction challenge (which Ebb endorsed as a good idea) then call me a geek.....and i'm the one with bizarre logic?

You're a bottler Mo, what on earth do you have to lose? As you say it's only a silly signature bet...and you're intelligent enough to know that it's not about the signature it's about the principle and a bit of friendly fun to see which of us does the better.

You've went on and on dismissing my opinions, changing my points, insulting me, calling me a troll and saying I know fuck all then trying to pass it off as ''i'm joking mate LOLZ'' then at the offer of a challenge and a little bit of fun to see whether I am all the stuff you say or you're just a ego-maniac that can't handle people not agreeing with him you bottle it then label it as pathetic rather than show some balls and take 5 minutes of your time to take part in some harmless fun.

• Paid Members
The part I have highlighted isn't what I have said...whatsoever, once again you've focused on a small point within my post, changed it to something I haven't said, then ridiculed it.

It's not like I'm misquoting you or taking something you're saying out of context. You continue to maintain the knee wasn't intentional and you used the 'Rivera wasn't concussed' fact as evidence to try and prove your case. If that wasn't your point, please explain why you brought up Rivera not being concussed?

I didn't think for a second you would take part...I have no idea how it proves your paranoid theory that me having an opinion is secretly me having an objective of trying to show you up.

You're showing yourself up...in the same post that you criticise me for having insulted you, you ridicule me for suggesting a good natured friendly prediction challenge (which Ebb endorsed as a good idea) then call me a geek.....and i'm the one with bizarre logic?

You're a bottler Mo, what on earth do you have to lose? As you say it's only a silly signature bet...and you're intelligent enough to know that it's not about the signature it's about the principle and a bit of friendly fun to see which of us does the better.

You've went on and on dismissing my opinions, changing my points, insulting me, calling me a troll and saying I know fuck all then trying to pass it off as ''i'm joking mate LOLZ'' then at the offer of a challenge and a little bit of fun to see whether I am all the stuff you say or you're just a ego-maniac that can't handle people not agreeing with him you bottle it then label it as pathetic rather than show some balls and take 5 minutes of your time to take part in some harmless fun.

I'm absolutely not a bottler. I'm just not playing ball to fuck with you. You know, just as a little bit of fun and all! :thumbsup:

Also, pointing out you've been insulting me and then calling you a geek has what to do with logic? I've mostly been criticising you for your opinions whereas many of your criticisms have been more about me.

Anyway, what are you going to do next? Call me a coward?! A chicken?! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mo, we're posting on a pro wrestling internet forum. I'd say that makes us all geeks pretty much ;)

• Paid Members

Mo, we're posting on a pro wrestling internet forum. I'd say that makes us all geeks pretty much ;)

Oh yes, but throwing out prediction challenges on a wrestling internet forum is off the Geek Richter Scale. It's as uber-geeky as you can get.

Archived