Ricky Gervais pisses off Hollywood

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
I'ld say Gervais has done his job. People are still talking about it. He'll be back next year

people are talking about it because the media coverage of it is the usual piss poor nonsence that qualifies as news and it's quasi-reality

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'ld say Gervais has done his job. People are still talking about it. He'll be back next year

people are talking about it because the media coverage of it is the usual piss poor nonsence that qualifies as news and it's quasi-reality

Couple that with anyone with a valid opinion hates him and his whole act and it isn't really as fun as you might think. Not talking about his act, he's been slated due to shiteness.

I really enjoyed his performance here. Not because of the quality of the jokes, but because he stood up in front of all the Hollywood elite and, with a shit-eating grin on their face, made them uncomfortable. The comedy was in the audience reactions and the uncertainty on the faces of the stars as to how they should look.

• Paid Members

anyone with a valid opinion hates him

What stupidly smug attitude.

I really enjoyed his performance here. Not because of the quality of the jokes, but because he stood up in front of all the Hollywood elite and, with a shit-eating grin on their face, made them uncomfortable. The comedy was in the audience reactions and the uncertainty on the faces of the stars as to how they should look.

This is pretty much what I got from it. Kinda like how The Office is funny more for the awkwardness of the situations more than some witty punchlines, I got great amusement out of the awkward vide coming off the crowd who are normally getting their backs slapped 24/7.

• Paid Members

Also what came to me from the awards was how much Robert Downey Jr has turned into a grade A Cunt.

Everytime you could see his fake bullshit reactions if he got the remote inkling that he was on camera. He has truly vanished so far up his own arse with his recent success.

Anyway, regarding Gervais I didnt mind his performance as the evenings host. The Tim Allen gag was truly brilliant and you could see how uncomfortable both Hanks and he were.

PS, Michael C Hall not winning best Actor in a drama is criminal.

• Paid Members

anyone with a valid opinion hates him

What stupidly smug attitude.

I couldn't say for sure, but I think he might be joking. At least, I hope he is.

Gervais is getting on a bit, spent the majority of his life as a non-celeb, and has amassed a fortune in a short space of time. Basically he doesn't give a fuck, and why should he? He's always going on about speaking your mind and life being too short (no pun intended), and good on him.

• Paid Members
Are you guys being sarcastic? He's not very funny. His stand-up is shit, for sure. I didn't watch much Extra's. The Office was meh. And his annoying laugh on episodes of An Idiot Abroad makes me want to strangle him to death.

He can be pretty funny, he's just a bit of a dickhead is all. Which is why he's so unlikeable in Idiot Abroad - because he's playing himself. Although I've gotta say that now I've realised he's a dick it has retrospectively tainted work of his that I used to enjoy more.

I got that feeling when he was on Room 101, and showed how he basically was David Brent.

Archived