WWE Hall of Fame - Class of 2011

Cobra1000

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really unsure on whether they would induct the Outsiders, I think Nash could be a likely candidate if he is not bought back full time to TV. I think Michaels and Nash being inducted on the same night would be really positive as it would show two guys in recent memory who contributed a whole lot to the business and are ending their careers with dignity and health and unforgettable legacies. Ofcourse Nash has problems with his knees but we're not seeing him rolling around in thumbtacks. Despite this I would love Hall to be inducted with Nash, that would be a Hall of fame that would knock Mania out of the water!

Really unsure on whether they would induct the Outsiders, I think Nash could be a likely candidate if he is not bought back full time to TV. I think Michaels and Nash being inducted on the same night would be really positive as it would show two guys in recent memory who contributed a whole lot to the business and are ending their careers with dignity and health and unforgettable legacies. Ofcourse Nash has problems with his knees but we're not seeing him rolling around in thumbtacks. Despite this I would love Hall to be inducted with Nash, that would be a Hall of fame that would knock Mania out of the water!

Diesel was the longest reigning WWF Champion between Hogan and Cena. Razor had one of the biggest WrestleMania matches ever, and was one of the top stars of the New Generation era. There's no need whatsoever to club them in together for a Hall of Fame induction. Same year, maybe (like King and JR), but not sharing a plaque.

Diesel was the longest reigning WWF Champion between Hogan and Cena. Razor had one of the biggest WrestleMania matches ever, and was one of the top stars of the New Generation era. There's no need whatsoever to club them in together for a Hall of Fame induction. Same year, maybe (like King and JR), but not sharing a plaque.

Yeah damn right. I agree with Whiskey Jim in that Hall is one of the best never to have held a World Title. He was an absolute star, and one of the major factors in the Monday Night War. The Outsiders should be inducted but seperately in the same year, if they shared the same ticket/plaque it implies that they had only real meaningful time in their careers together and that is certainly not the case...

The HOF thing is way too much politics & they've probably planned it out years in advance so they can still have a really big name each year.

I think with the one name they have announced means that alot of other "Big Names" will be mapped out for future years.

They'd hardly have a years HOF inductees be say HBK, The Warrior, Macho Man, Nash, AA, Sting & Goldberg because who would bother watching it the following year when the "big name" inductee is Barry Horowitz cos there's no one left.

I gotta agree with whoever put Bossman forward- with him it was like he gimmick was so good it got in the way of him carrying any kind of strap and he was so good at the gimmick they never took it off him til his last run with the E

Totally agree about Bossman - not only one of the best big man workers the company ever had but possibly the most underrated wrestler of all time. The guy was brilliant as both heel or face and a much smarter worker than he was ever given credit for. They'd give an arm and a leg to have someone like that around right now.

Hope that's true about Abbey. Guy deserves to get in and the sooner the better. :thumbsup:

I'd prefer to see the likes of Jake, Bossman, Rude, Demolition, and LOD.

Of them the tag teams are more likely - I'm sure Bossman and Rude had drug related deaths I'm sure (I don't know if you could argue that Hawk's was indirectly drug related) and Rude may have a bad rep with the Fed from jumping to Nitro at a time when he appeared on a pre-recorded RAW, that said the rumour was he was on the gear at the time of his death to get back into the Fed as a wrestler.

It was mixed medications. The rumour was it was an overdose of GHB.

Looking at how bad WWE treated DDP during his brief run in the company. I can't see him ever being in the HOF.

11_4_rhodes_dusty5.jpg

Embarrassing WWE run yes, good career though.

Was talking about that on here recently actually: http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2271288

FWIW, I thought his WWF run was pretty good, certainly compared to DDP.

Considering how much they'd ribbed him before (Virgil, Brother Love) and since (Rio Rogers, possibly even Goldust) I thought his WWF run was if anything better than it could have been.

Sure he had to wear polka dots but he got to work Bossman, Honky, Savage and DiBiase. If they really wanted to get to him they'd have stuck him in a JTTS role. DDP would loved to have had someone willing to bump for him like Bossman and Savage did for Old Dust.

I don't know about all this negative press guff. To be honest I can't imagine inducting Davey Boy Smith is going to cause much bad press for them. He had a heart attack and from what I read it was never proven that is directly from drug abuse (everyone knows it probably was due to it though in fairness) And I don't think its a big deal really to be honest. Inducting him isn't going to cause any uproar really.

I don't know about an "uproar" but the story was that they wanted to be careful with it following the Benoit double murder-suicide since a lot of the publicity they got (media backlash on TV, John Lister, Marc Mero and one or two other people's death lists in the papers, etc.) wasn't exactly positive and created the perception of a business who's stars often die young (for various reasons)... Which is true.

They didn't exactly want to add more fuel to the fire at that time, especially given all the talk of Congress getting involved (which didn't really amount to much in retrospect).

The other reason they don't want to induct a bunch of dead guys is it would be pretty damn depressing. I mean, ignore any potential backlash from the media/shareholders/whatever and just think purely and just see it as an event: one dead wrestler's surviving family comes up to accept an award for him talks about how great he was, etc. ... Then the same thing happens again x4 in one show. Not much 'fun' for the live audience there. Not going to happen.

I also would give a shout to Bam Bam Bigelow and Rick martel if they aren't in there already...

Neither of them are. Martel's another one who I reckon is on the 'list' of standby guys they can put in any time. Could see them waiting until they are next in Canada (along with Trish Stratus and The Rougeaus).

anybody else thinking we might see big sexy inducted this year? he keeps dropping hof and wm hints in his twitter.

:laugh: Reading that less than a month later made me laugh. Hope he does.

Is it time yet for Michael Hayes, anyone reckon? I suppose the major snag there would be PS having to admit he's an age older than 21, and getting him not to sing at the ceremony.

Whilst it's an inevitability/one of the few inductions I think we are guaranteed at some point rather than just vaguely speculated about, I could actually see them being set for this year without him/waiting 'another year' yet again. I really did think the Freebirds might have gone in when they were rumoured for 2009 in Texas but I suppose for WWE it's useful having him/The Freebirds on that "Steamboat list" like they did with The Dragon and DiBiase where they supposedly had them in mind/considered them for every year from 2005/6 onwards but they kept them on the back burner until they needed them. The only difference I can think of for this year is those guys are now in which makes me think The Freebirds time is coming sooner than later.

If not this year (and I really don't think it will be) then I can see them going in in the next three. I think this year they've got enough others (which is a good thing) but eventually they are going to have to play The Freebird card.

With it being in Georgia, I'd have said it'd be the perfect year. The problem is Michael Hayes is Michael Hayes. He'll get a young black talent to put him over as the coolest man of all time in the speech, then come out in his fucking 1985 AWA confederate facepaint, moonwalking.

You would think so, yeah. For some reason I can see them keeping them on 'the list' a bit more. We will see.

I'll be disappointed if Hayes doesn't moonwalk.

Bossman has to be a lock this year, surely? Never thought until I was just looking around Atlanta on Google Maps, and there was Cobb, right nearby.

I'm 75 / 25 as to whether to go at the minute, but Bossman going into the HOF will seal the deal.

I might even grab a cab up to Cobb County too, and vist that correction facility where it all began. They may even have some sort of record of Nailz stay there, too!

Who does everyone thing should induct Bossman if he goes in?

Slick? Akeem? The Mountie? Big Show?!?

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't go in now. :angry:

His mum? Big Show's Dad?

Slick is a good shout, as he's occasionally appeared on the anniversary / old school shows.

Other than that, I dunno. His biggest feud was against Hogan, which aint gonna happen. Big Show maybe, as younger folks will remember him from that run?

Archived