WWE Hall of Fame - Class of 2011

Cobra1000

So in case you haven't watched Raw or heard, I'll spoiler it SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Shawn Michaels

was the first man to be inducted into this years HOF.

So who else is going in? And will said person be involved in a storyline? Also what about those WCW rumours? Surely with such a marquee inductee they have to go for a bit lesser superstars? Not guys like Sting etc?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, I think HBK could be the big name to go in. I just have this feeling, being one year after he retired and all. But I could be wrong.

If HBK is inducted, I wouldn't expect any other 'massive' names. Would be nice if there were, but generally WWE induct just one huge name per year. Flair, Hogan, Austin, Hart etc.

• Paid Members

From what ive read Arn Anderson may be the next big name, although original plans were to induct him as part of the remaining horsemen, but looks like hes going for a single induction, which i personally think is very fitting for Arn.

Bar that ive read recently that sting isnt under contract and WWE are very interested in bringing him in for the Hall of fame, so i would love that as sting is my favourite wreslter!

• Paid Members

I can see the token WCW guy going in, and them building Atlanta up as being the place for him to be inducted. I think we are done as far as big names go. DDP would be a good one. He's a decent size name, and was never going to be the main attraction of the Hall of Fame, so its not like he's a waste of a headline name. He'd make a nice second tier Hall of Famer.

• Paid Members
Looking at how bad WWE treated DDP during his brief run in the company. I can't see him ever being in the HOF. Coupled with the fact he was only ever big in WCW for a couple of years. The Steiner Brothers would be my pick.

Quite strange how you post about someone being treated like shit by WWE and then you put the Steiner Brothers names down as potential inductees. Half the WWE Hall of Fame list was treated like shit and left on bad terms. DDP was a huge star in WCW and broke the mainstream for about a week. I reckon he'll be in there eventually.

Quite strange how you post about someone being treated like shit by WWE and then you put the Steiner Brothers names down as potential inductees. Half the WWE Hall of Fame list was treated like shit and left on bad terms. DDP was a huge star in WCW and broke the mainstream for about a week. I reckon he'll be in there eventually.

The difference between the Steiner's and DDP on how they were treated by the WWE is huge. The Steiners had a good "run", they were used in a positive manner, they were Tag Champions when being Tag Champions mattered. Sure it went sour eventually for them, but they made WWE money.

DDP on the other hand was buried from the second he stepped in the ring with The Undertaker. I don't recall him being allowed much offence what so ever. From then on in it was downhill, apart from a short run with the European Title and WCW Tag Titles with Kanyon. He was made a comedy character also. So surely if the WWE thought there was potential for him to make them money he would have been used better? And if he was a "Superstar" in WCW surely he would have been given more respect, especially from Taker.

Looking at how bad WWE treated DDP during his brief run in the company. I can't see him ever being in the HOF. Coupled with the fact he was only ever big in WCW for a couple of years. The Steiner Brothers would be my pick.

If that happens Ill do....Something. DDP will not go in the HOF, no way.

I guess we can rule out Goldberg for this year. Can't see him sharing the stage with the current 2011 member.

Arn Anderson will go in, he should have been inducted whilst Flair was around.

• Paid Members
The difference between the Steiner's and DDP on how they were treated by the WWE is huge. The Steiners had a good "run", they were used in a positive manner, they were Tag Champions when being Tag Champions mattered. Sure it went sour eventually for them, but they made WWE money.

DDP on the other hand was buried from the second he stepped in the ring with The Undertaker. I don't recall him being allowed much offence what so ever. From then on in it was downhill, apart from a short run with the European Title and WCW Tag Titles with Kanyon. He was made a comedy character also. So surely if the WWE thought there was potential for him to make them money he would have been used better? And if he was a "Superstar" in WCW surely he would have been given more respect, especially from Taker.

Scott Steiner has slagged WWE off at every opportunity since then and had his career completely ruined by that run he had. DDP left WWE on good terms and is usually invited to there shows and recently even was on the road with the WWE wrestlers for an overseas tour. Fuck knows why though. And you can use quotation marks all you want, but DDP was a superstar in WCW for many years, was super over, drew money, but had a bad reputation for being a mark for himself and rubbed people up the wrong way upon his arrival. Being a superstar means nothing if someone in power wants to bury you.

I'd love it if they'd give X-Pac the nod. He's planning on being there anyway to see Shawn go in, and the poor fucker just sits watching Raw and talking to fans on Twitter these days. He's a good egg.

I like X-Pac as well. And surely the payday for him would be cheap. And he said he's travelling there on his own. Get the whole Clique in I say. Nash, Hall, X-Pac, Aldo Montoya, Triple H.

Archived