WWE Hall of Fame - Class of 2011

Cobra1000

I don't know about all this negative press guff. To be honest I can't imagine inducting Davey Boy Smith is going to cause much bad press for them. He had a heart attack and from what I read it was never proven that is directly from drug abuse (everyone knows it probably was due to it though in fairness) And I don't think its a big deal really to be honest. Inducting him isn't going to cause any uproar really.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know about all this negative press guff. To be honest I can't imagine inducting Davey Boy Smith is going to cause much bad press for them. He had a heart attack and from what I read it was never proven that is directly from drug abuse (everyone knows it probably was due to it though in fairness) And I don't think its a big deal really to be honest. Inducting him isn't going to cause any uproar really.

I was thinking more of the WWE trying to distance themselves from a number of wrestlers who have died in recent years, due to pretty much the same thing. Plus there was all the stores that Diana told about Davey use to do to her.

But I agree from a wrestling stand point the guy should be inducted (probably should have been years ago).

I dont know why people say DDP had a bad wwe run? he made a big debut in storyline which lasted a while, his first feud was with the Undertaker and if i remember correctly he had a few decent matchs involving IC and Euro title, i may be wrong here but i think he even opened a couple of Wrestlemanias. Quite a respectable little run imo

• Paid Members
I dont know why people say DDP had a bad wwe run? he made a big debut in storyline which lasted a while, his first feud was with the Undertaker and if i remember correctly he had a few decent matchs involving IC and Euro title, i may be wrong here but i think he even opened a couple of Wrestlemanias. Quite a respectable little run imo

Nobody is saying he had a bad run. What people are saying is he had a full-on career ending incredibly painful run which he should not have been daft enough to go for. DDP was on about $1.5 million a year and still had name value in television through teaming with Karl Malone and Jay Leno and various television appearances he did. And instead of pursuring opportunities outside wrestling and then making a comeback (like everyone else did) he took a massive paycut and got bought out of his WCW contract, losing about 7 figures in the process. This probably added to peoples opinions that he was a mark for himself, and the WWF top brass decided to make a mockery of him. A guy going from being on $1.5 million a year and a former world heavyweight champion who could still draw with the right opponent to losing midcard matches to the Undertaker and his wife then having his gimmick changed before feuding with Bob Holly and Christian and ending his career injured on half the money he was on the year before when he could have been sitting at home collecting his money cant be decribed as anything but horrendous.

To be honest, along with Booker T he was probably the most successful former wcw guy that was there for any sustained period, and he was at the end of his career tbh. The initial pop when he took off the mask after stalking Undertaker was dynamite...I remember he also had some good stuff with Christian. Also he wasn't fired or anything, he just gave up due to injuries. And whether or not you believe wiki, he was offered a role as a commentator so I think there is a good relationship with him and wwe...so i agree with ya, he had a good run there!

I always liked DDP, his matches in wcw were great, and he had a good character, certainly a HOF worthy candidate if we take the WCW years into account. Certainly put more "butts in seats" than Koko B. Ware...

I also would give a shout to Bam Bam Bigelow and Rick martel if they aren't in there already...

• Paid Members
To be honest, along with Booker T he was probably the most successful former wcw guy that was there for any sustained period, and he was at the end of his career tbh. The initial pop when he took off the mask after stalking Undertaker was dynamite...I remember he also had some good stuff with Christian. Also he wasn't fired or anything, he just gave up due to injuries. And whether or not you believe wiki, he was offered a role as a commentator so I think there is a good relationship with him and wwe...so i agree with ya, he had a good run there!

What success was this? There wasnt many redeeming qualities. The Undertaker storyline was far fetched. Everyone knew he was married to Kimberly and didnt need to stalk that bloke Undertaker hung around with. He was already "famous". DDP got beat off the Undertaker everything they faced each other, each more dominant than the last and he ended up with a neck injury in a match with Bob Holly at age 46. Poor cunt. Kanyon had a better run than DDP did. His career was destroyed in WWF, and its no ones fault but his own, because he must have known the knifes were out for his especially.

What success was this? There wasnt many redeeming qualities. The Undertaker storyline was far fetched. Everyone knew he was married to Kimberly and didnt need to stalk that bloke Undertaker hung around with. He was already "famous". DDP got beat off the Undertaker everything they faced each other, each more dominant than the last and he ended up with a neck injury in a match with Bob Holly at age 46. Poor cunt. Kanyon had a better run than DDP did. His career was destroyed in WWF, and its no ones fault but his own, because he must have known the knifes were out for his especially.

Well I didn't say he set the World alight, but you know I meant successful for wcw guys that came in around the invasion...Yeah the undertaker fued was shit, but the initial reception he got from the crowds was great, you know cause he was DDP.

Why was everyone out to get him?

LOL that was a funny comment there Ian about Takers misses.

I also thought that myself with DDP, why the fuck would he be stalking that thing when his got Kim at home, I wouldnt even come into work tbh, and thats exactly what DDP should have done.

You see Sting was the only smart one along with Goldberg, OG nWo, it was obvious Vince was going to make WCW stars look like shit, none of them amounted to anything, yes we all know about Booker T and I'll admit he lasted the longest and had the best run, but he didnt half have to put up with some shit, which in the end is why he quit.

• Paid Members

A lot of people dont think he deserved his spot because he was so close to Eric Bischoff. Even when Bischoff left in 1999 and in 2000, during that period DDP distanced himself from WCW. Russo wasnt a fan of him either. Flair didnt like him. Not many bookers or promoters actually liked DDP, come to think of it, and most of the wrestlers saw him as someone who kissed arse on his way up.

And he supposedly hugged Vince McMahon for an extended period which turned him into such a laughing stock backstage, WWF made a storyline out of it where Steve Austin would hug Vince McMahon during uncomfortable situations.

Put the entire kliq (minus Triple H) in.

Nash and Hall speak for themselves and are available. Waltman deserves it as well, people can say what they like about him but he was a sensation in his younger days and introduced a lot of fans to the high flying style. Plus he had some amazin matches and was over like a motherfucker during the attitude boom.

Ron Simmons is always mentioned but I've never known why? He seemed alright in his shoot interview but went between being average to fucking horrible in the ring. First black world champion maybe but a terrible world champion of a second rate company who bombed anyway. To me he is another KoKo induction.

Archived