The Terrible, Interminably Boring Mafia Game

Nexus

• Paid Members

Oh yeah, my bad Carbomb. Chris you reading ahead of yourself once more, just xoz Castle isn't here don't think you can put the blinkers on and start pushing me. 2 is more than 1 and most of those single votes are RVS votes, which reminds me.

Unvote

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Over 12 hours gone and no posts and no real excuse,

Do people agree with SMS idea? If so what are your questions? If not what do you suggest we do? virtually everyone has been online since the last post here is the list

1. Bristep 5.40 yesterday

2. Ron Simmons 11.45 yesterday

3. SMS 7.40 today

4. Triple A 3.14 yesterday

5. Swiftstrike. now

6. Snake Plissken 9.41 yesterday

7. Top Man Shopper 5.52 today

8. Carbomb 6.27 today

9. Chris B 6.15 today

10. Insert Name Here 1.14 today

I want to see some movement and as such I'm moving my vote until I get an answer to the question I asked yesterday from trips

Unvote Bristep

Vote TripleA

There are too many players for me to ask individual questions, so I am going to throw out a suggestion that we ask the players above and below us on the player listings one question each only, so that means everyone gets asked 2 questions each as well as questioning 2 players.

Player 1 and the last player will ask each other a question as they only have 1 player listed near them.

This makes the questioning completely random, as the roles and player numbers we given were random, so hopefully the odds will be in our favour meaning scum have less chance of questioning scum.

We can see where this leads us then somebody else can suggest the next method of investigation, so we don't have the same player leading the search, so we stand a much lesser chance of being lead around by the scum.

Agreed or anybody have any better ideas?

I like it and i think at this stage it's a good idea. I'll have a think and get back with some questions for Bristep and Chris B(i'm assuming i have them as i'm bottom of the player list and Bristep is top and Chris B is above me)

[/b]Unvote Mike Castle[/b]

Turns out he's not in this. Oh well.

Vote Ron Simmons

He tends to get a little bit talky when the pressure is on.

Ok a question for Chris B regarding this post. I realise that this was made very early on in the game but do you stand by this statement re: that RS tends to get talky when he's pressured?

Also i noticed you haven't unvoted him yet, any reason why?

Over 12 hours gone and no posts and no real excuse,

Do people agree with SMS idea? If so what are your questions? If not what do you suggest we do? virtually everyone has been online since the last post here is the list

1. Bristep 5.40 yesterday

2. Ron Simmons 11.45 yesterday

3. SMS 7.40 today

4. Triple A 3.14 yesterday

5. Swiftstrike. now

6. Snake Plissken 9.41 yesterday

7. Top Man Shopper 5.52 today

8. Carbomb 6.27 today

9. Chris B 6.15 today

10. Insert Name Here 1.14 today

I want to see some movement and as such I'm moving my vote until I get an answer to the question I asked yesterday from trips

Unvote Bristep

Vote TripleA

I have been waiting to see how people reacted to my idea before posting as I feel I have been one of the main players trying to get something started here and don't want to become a target for a lynch or a nightkill by pushing and posting too much.

Question for Ron:

At times you appear to get aggressive and it makes it very hard to read you, as it makes you come across as acting scummy, but has been proved in previous games that you also react the same even when you are town. If you saw another player posting the way you do, how would you react to them?

Question for Triple A:

We seem to be getting very close to the deadline with little or no real leads. We could vote out who we think are the strongest players (hoping we eliminate a major threat), we could eliminate who we think are the weaker players (would be a lesser loss if we are wrong) or we could vote out players who we find it difficult to read (meaning we don't have to worry about trying to figure them out). If we get close to the deadline and have no decision made, which of these options would you prefer, or do you have an option of your own?

There are too many players for me to ask individual questions, so I am going to throw out a suggestion that we ask the players above and below us on the player listings one question each only, so that means everyone gets asked 2 questions each as well as questioning 2 players.

Player 1 and the last player will ask each other a question as they only have 1 player listed near them.

This makes the questioning completely random, as the roles and player numbers we given were random, so hopefully the odds will be in our favour meaning scum have less chance of questioning scum.

We can see where this leads us then somebody else can suggest the next method of investigation, so we don't have the same player leading the search, so we stand a much lesser chance of being lead around by the scum.

Agreed or anybody have any better ideas?

I like it and i think at this stage it's a good idea. I'll have a think and get back with some questions for Bristep and Chris B(i'm assuming i have them as i'm bottom of the player list and Bristep is top and Chris B is above me)

That is correct!

Good idea with the questions. I've got Ron and Insert_Name_Here, so I now need to try and find a good line of questioning for both...

Ron : You were very vocal in trying to lead the game earlier, calling for top 3s, making meta statements based on the last game. Since then you've been deathly quiet, despite being online. Why the sudden shift? Did you see that your desire for suspects made people wary of you and decided to pull your head back in for a while?

Insert Name Here : you said in response to the top3 request that you didn't have any solid suspects and declined to name even one. It's been a few days now, has that changed at all? Has anyone popped onto your radar?

• Paid Members

To answer Swiftstrikes question, I'd just been busy and had no reason to unvote. It's 1 vote and isn't doing any harm and I had no reason to vote anyone else at this point. Nothing meant by it.

To answer SMS, my usual tactic is get rid of the stronger players in case of a random lynch, because I'd rather take the big risk than the little one. I'm a gambling man haha.

• Paid Members

Swift in answer to you it was to try and start some discussion and at least get people reacting which as I thought it would got one out of Chris B at the very least.

My Questions

Swift - You have now placed a vote on TripleA, while I agree AAA should be the policy lynch, do you have any other reasoned reason to believe he might be scum?

TMS - You have gone quiet once more. Why is this and has anyone peaked your interest at the moment?

• Paid Members

People we have 2 days left until deadline and as it's a weekend and people may not come on a lot do we want to come to some kind of consensus on who we want to lynch (Even if you choose me?)

• Paid Members

I'm down for that style of questioning, it seems pretty sound.

Top Man Shopper - as Snake mentioned, you've been quiet the past few pages. I'd assume it's because you've been busy or have unexpectedly been unable to get to Teh Intarweb, but how would you respond to an accusation of lurking or coasting?

Chris B - has there been anyone in particular who's stood out as a potential suspect for you, and what are your reasons for suspecting them?

• Paid Members
[/b]Unvote Mike Castle[/b]

Turns out he's not in this. Oh well.

Vote Ron Simmons

He tends to get a little bit talky when the pressure is on.

Ok a question for Chris B regarding this post. I realise that this was made very early on in the game but do you stand by this statement re: that RS tends to get talky when he's pressured?

Also i noticed you haven't unvoted him yet, any reason why?

I stand by that, yes. He's got a tendency to make himself the centre of the game, and that's usually useful in terms of working out other players. If he's mafia, it'll be interesting who jumps to his defence (like Snake so far), and if he isn't, it'll be interesting who jumps on the bandwagon without trying to look too obvious about it. Like you.

I haven't unvoted him yet, because nobody else has given me reason to vote so far. The point of all this right now is to get conversation going, and it's not going to happen if everyone goes 'Right, RVS over, so I'll remove my LOL vote. Now for top three suspects. Oh wait, now for 'ask questions of those above and below'.

So, here's my question for you. Were you satisfied with Ron's answers to your questions, as you seemed to drop them. Also, I'll join Bristep in wondering where your top three you promised are. There's a feeling that you're casting around for something to latch onto.

• Paid Members
Chris B - has there been anyone in particular who's stood out as a potential suspect for you, and what are your reasons for suspecting them?

Ron and Snake's attempts to move the game away from Ron is interesting to me. Ron can usually handle the pressure pretty well in terms of not being lynched, but he tends to blab a lot as well. Snake ran in screaming 'wagonning' when he got two votes. Also, at the moment, the way INH dropped his case on Ron, and promised forthcoming top three is ringing alarm bells at me.

Okay, your question relates to this post:

My vote on Ron was half-joking and half-serious - I didn't know for sure if it was true that putting him under pressure made him talkative, so I thought "Fuck it, there's nothing else going on right now, might as well". It's not really provided any new info, though, so with that in mind:

unvote Ron Simmons

I've now got two potential, nascent suspects: swiftstrike, for the reason mentioned earlier, and Snake - he's not said anything particularly scummy, but attempting to "take charge" the way he did in his last post COULD be seen as an attempt to avoid suspicion by leading the Town. It's complete speculation though, so I wouldn't vote for either right now, and would, in a bigger game, rather go for a No Lynch than hang either one as they currently are.

When I played scum, I noticed one thing that was useful to do was to raise suspicion in a way that didn't really raise suspicion. Your reasoning on snake reminds me on that. 'he's not said anything particularly scummy', 'COULD be seen', 'it's complete speculation'... - you see what I mean?

Care to explain that?

Archived