The Terrible, Interminably Boring Mafia Game

Nexus

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't know what to make of Snake and Triple A right now!

It is too close to the deadline for me to start any other major investigations, so I would like both of you to give me a case as to why I shouldn't vote you, with reasons as to why I should vote for the other.

The post I am least happiest with gets my vote.

• Paid Members

You shouldn't vote me because aside from being a "policy lynch" there is no argument or evidence against me.

You should vote Snake because despite implying he's town, he's begging us to kill him.

I don't think a Town would do such strange play, and I don't think a Jester would act so obvious. I think Scum.

• Paid Members

Sorry for not being around much guys, I've been hugely busy and when I was on last night there was very little to say.

At times you appear to get aggressive and it makes it very hard to read you, as it makes you come across as acting scummy, but has been proved in previous games that you also react the same even when you are town. If you saw another player posting the way you do, how would you react to them?

Where have I been aggressive in this game? And in the last game, other than the start I wasn't at all aggressive. This "aggression" thing, I feel, is a total myth.

You were very vocal in trying to lead the game earlier, calling for top 3s, making meta statements based on the last game. Since then you've been deathly quiet, despite being online. Why the sudden shift? Did you see that your desire for suspects made people wary of you and decided to pull your head back in for a while?

I wasn't trying to lead the game, I was trying to get some momentum in some direction. People were generally just joking around before then, and it didn't really move things on. I'd been on, but not often. When I was there wasn't much at all to say, Snake had been the last post and there was little in the way of interesting comment to respond to.

And I didn't have a "desire for suspects", just a desire to see what people were thinking. An ill-advised scum post could, in time, give something away using the "suspects" questioning. It was never going to give away nuggets of gold tha early, but it might have given something away. Some interesting discussion points, or something that could have made someone react.

Vote: Snake

Triple A seems to be playing what appears to his normal style of game to me, appearing as though he is not thinking things out properly, whilst Snake is unreadable and playing a dangerous game.

If Triple A was scum, I am sure he would have given better answers to my question and that post, as they just seem normal Triple A posts without too much thought gone into them which I feel should be given extra consideration when you see how quickly he replied to my last post.

I could be wrong, but I don't have enough to go on in regards to anyone else, plus a few others are getting suspicious about Snakes strange posts.

• Paid Members
It's why I'm in two minds to vote for him or not. He seems like Scum pretending to be a Jester, claiming Town. But he's making sure everyone knows it.

It's quite a strong group, surely no scum bunch in their right mind would formulate a plan like that? It'd be likely to get him lynched sooner rather than later and the second post doesn't seem jester-ish enough to make any "fake jester" plan worthwhile. If he'd just left it at the first post I would have understood it, in that he could have passed himself off as a jester even if he was pretending to be. I'd have thought the next move would have been to deny it, particularly since people shouted "jester" quite quickly.

A jester is a role not used in many games.

This is a small traditonal game, so I find it highly unusual for a jester to be involved, so I am going to discount that theory.

I would rather vote out someone who is trying to stir things up and confuse us at this stage of the game, than somebody I have no firm suspicions about, so he has my vote.

• Paid Members

I'm contemplating the vote, mainly because if he's town "offering himself up" doesn't really get us anywhere. If you're town, and you knowingly get yourself killed in such a small group...it just makes no sense. He's not interacted with anyone before then in any great way, and even if anyone voted for him before now it's far too early to be any indication of their scumminess.

But then, maybe he's just trying to make people react to spark things off?

You could be right!

If he flips town, it looks bad on people who started putting the votes on him, but is that what he is hoping?

He could be scum or he could be playing to lure out the scum, but I honestly have no other solid leads so unless someone can direct me in the direction of someone more worthy of a lynch, then my vote has to stay and if I am wrong I will have to deal with the consequences.

There is no easy first lynch when we have no real evidence, or no Lawz revealing his secret identity, so we just have to go with what we believe is best for the town.

I believe I am doing that, so can anyone point out anybody else that needs investigating in the final 48 hrs (I think that is all we have left), or do we agree to lynch Snake but stretch out the day so we can finish our questioning sessions.

• Paid Members
If he flips town, it looks bad on people who started putting the votes on him, but is that what he is hoping?

Problem is, that's not much of a scum tell. In fact, it could let the scum FRAME the people who put votes on him. It kind of puts people in an impossible position.

Archived