The Terrible, Interminably Boring Mafia Game

Nexus

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Oh My God, U Suck! It's a reference to voting for someone because they voted for you.

Oh, and asking questions about things in the game rather than googling them is a tried and tested mafia trick to appear like you're participating more than you are.

• Paid Members

The reason I'm quiet is because I have been offline all day attending screenings (True Grit is ave people, go see it. The Dilemma however, barring a s.piece on honesty from Vince Vaughn is a steaming pile of poo).

INH - If your going to vote for me at least spell my name right.

Also I've come back in here and it's all gone surrealist. I hardly think we should be compiling top 3s yet it's way to early for that.

But a policy lynch on either Ron or AAA is fine with me.

• Paid Members

Ron I agree with the plan of investigating everyone and that is what I mean by trusting line, I said already I think people need to get there head up and look and what is happening around then as I felt only Mike even gave consideration to my case on Chris B and even then that was after a good while and some convincing, everyone else kept focusing on what they believed if people had stepped back to give me a little trust despite being suspicious of me they might have spotted what I was saying so we shouldn't ignore the top suspects suspicions because even if it leads to us lynching them at least we full understand what they are saying and can evaluate that later if they are town.

I however do not believe that top 3 is the way to achieve that as it focuses solely on a small group of suspects and one or more people then stay in the background unquestioned, so with that and all I feel your top 3 idea is not the best way to spread the focus around and certainly isn't going to get us far on page 7.

• Paid Members
FoS: Ron Simmons

It's your idea for us to come up with a list of possible suspects, are you trying to make yourself look innocent early on?

Erm, what if everyone picked me as their top suspect? It doesn't really work in that way.

Also I've come back in here and it's all gone surrealist. I hardly think we should be compiling top 3s yet it's way to early for that.

But a policy lynch on either Ron or AAA is fine with me.

A "policy lynch"? What? In a small set up we can't really afford a false lynch.

I could say "name your top suspect", but in that case it's all too easy for scum members to create a bandwagon. A list of three might force them to think about the choices they make, and thus give something away later. It certainly doesn't do much harm.

Want to explain where I inferred that?

Chris, I wasn't saying you said that, I was asking if that's what you meant.

Now, considering you've made misleading statements (with regards to the last game) and put words into my mouth using the 'well, if you agree with this, are you saying XXX?' argument, despite the fact that you acknowledged I was correct...

Do you want to explain why you did those things?

That's quite a convoluted question. Wanna simplify it? What statements have I made that are misleading about the last game? What I said was true, the limited net that we created (me included) allowed yourself, Carbomb etc to slip through. Yeah Nexus was caught through pressure but he was the ONLY one. Also, pressure led to Dan Williams being lynched. Which lost us the game.

• Paid Members
Oh My God, U Suck! It's a reference to voting for someone because they voted for you.

Oh, and asking questions about things in the game rather than googling them is a tried and tested mafia trick to appear like you're participating more than you are.

Or laziness.

I don't have anything to add to the proceedings right now anyway, nobody does. It's all just random voting and chitchat. We needs something to kick-start the game again.

• Paid Members
We needs something to kick-start the game again.

Don't you dare! Don't even think about it. There's got to be a better way of getting things moving than roleclaiming so early.

• Paid Members

Don't you dare! Don't even think about it. There's got to be a better way of getting things moving than roleclaiming so early.

What makes you think he even would be able to do it this time? Do you know he is town? And if so how have you come by this info scum?

• Paid Members

What makes you think he even would be able to do it this time? Do you know he is town? And if so how have you come by this info scum?

I don't. If he's Town, he'd roleclaim whatever role he has. If he's Scum, he'd make up a role and claim it (Town, of course). Either way, it wouldn't help.

• Paid Members

I don't. If he's Town, he'd roleclaim whatever role he has. If he's Scum, he'd make up a role and claim it (Town, of course). Either way, it wouldn't help.

But last time it wasn't so much his role claim it was the win condition that cause problems for us, so my question is how can we assume anyone would be able to do that at this stage(until they did it, which I agree would be a bad idea)?

• Paid Members

I'm not going to roleclaim, untwist your knickers there Carbomb. Even though as much as everyone hated me doing it in the last game, there's no denying it started the game off and drew it out of this dull start of random votes we usually have. In a game this small though, and knowing the dummy spitting it would cause, it's not worth me doing it again. I will claim Town though, naturally.

• Paid Members
But last time it wasn't so much his role claim it was the win condition that cause problems for us, so my question is how can we assume anyone would be able to do that at this stage(until they did it, which I agree would be a bad idea)?

It was a contributing factor. Seriously, I don't think you guys realise just how easy it made the game for us - that was one less power role to worry about, and an easy kill we could sit on and eliminate at leisure, especially when your Doctor got knocked off.

I'm not going to roleclaim, untwist your knickers there Carbomb. Even though as much as everyone hated me doing it in the last game, there's no denying it started the game off and drew it out of this dull start of random votes we usually have. In a game this small though, and knowing the dummy spitting it would cause, it's not worth me doing it again. I will claim Town though, naturally.

Yes, but as mentioned above, overall it was a detrimental move. No dummy spitting - I'm just saying it's something we can't even really contemplate in a game this small, but you've acknowledged that, so fair dos.

• Paid Members

Vote Count #2:

Ron Simmons (2): Chris B, Carbomb

Bristep (2): TMS, Swiftstrike

TripleA (1): Snake

INH (1): TripleA

Carbomb (1): Bristep

martyngnr (1): SMS

Snake (1): INH

Chris B (1): Ron Simmons

Not voting: Noone.

If it's wrong, I'll correct it later.