The Terrible, Interminably Boring Mafia Game

Nexus

• Paid Members
Swift in answer to you it was to try and start some discussion and at least get people reacting which as I thought it would got one out of Chris B at the very least.

My Questions

Swift - You have now placed a vote on TripleA, while I agree AAA should be the policy lynch, do you have any other reasoned reason to believe he might be scum?

I don't agree with any sort of policy lynch apart from the policy of lynching scummy players, Snake how do you feel a policy lynch is helpful to us and why is TripleA your candidate for a policy lynch?

As for reasons I believe that he might be scum, I did notice that he was online yesterday evening around 10ish, as was Ron and yet did not answer the question I put to him so I was trying to apply a little pressure to ensure I got an answer. As for his answer I am not totally convinced by it as we have seen scum leave they votes on one person and only move it later to cause a bad lynch as it means they don't have to track where they claim there suspicions are. Also looking at Trips answer to SMS question, I do remember him mentioning this before but I do want to go back and check was this something he raised in your previous game where he was scum or in Family guy's game where he wasn't to see if it might be a mafia tell for Trips or if it is just a believe he holds, as such I think I'll keep my vote on Trips a little longer.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

EBWOP

Policy lynch was suppose to link to this site so that people who do not know what a policy lynch is could check it out, it is something used on the mafia scum forums from what I have seen so I thought it might be good to reference it.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Policy_lynch

• Paid Members

I did the "lynch the strong player" thing in most games I've played. I did it in the last one with Mike Castle and I was Vanilla. If you're so bothered by my vote left on INH I can happily take it off, but then of course it looks scummy because you've said it's scummy to leave it on.

Insert Name Here : you said in response to the top3 request that you didn't have any solid suspects and declined to name even one. It's been a few days now, has that changed at all? Has anyone popped onto your radar?

There have been a few people who've started cropping up, namely Ron Simmons who i don't think has been back since i posted my initial suspicions about him, Top Man Shopper who seems to have disappeared quite suddenly without explanation and Snake Plissken for saying he'd be fine with a policy lynch on either TripleA or Ron Simmons. Something about that statement just seems a little off to me.

Now they may seem like odd or lame reasons to suspect someone but i figure in a game this small you have to question every possible thing no matter how insignificant it may seem.

So, here's my question for you. Were you satisfied with Ron's answers to your questions, as you seemed to drop them. Also, I'll join Bristep in wondering where your top three you promised are. There's a feeling that you're casting around for something to latch onto.

Well see above now for my top 3. I'm still not entirely happy with RS' answer(s) and it's not so much that i've dropped the issue as it is that he's not been back to post since i first replied to his answer.

• Paid Members
I did the "lynch the strong player" thing in most games I've played. I did it in the last one with Mike Castle and I was Vanilla. If you're so bothered by my vote left on INH I can happily take it off, but then of course it looks scummy because you've said it's scummy to leave it on.

You can leave your vote as you like it or change it but you have already raised my suspicions by the fact you claim to have had no time to move it yet you where online last night from around 10ish and obviously still around are 3ish this morning I think you could have unvoted or made comment before now.

I'm also offended at being a policy lynch.

But do you agree with the idea of a policy lynch? As you have not made reference to disagreeing with the idea rather that it would be yourself put up for it, who do you feel should be an ideal policy lynch candidate?

• Paid Members
Chris B - has there been anyone in particular who's stood out as a potential suspect for you, and what are your reasons for suspecting them?

Ron and Snake's attempts to move the game away from Ron is interesting to me. Ron can usually handle the pressure pretty well in terms of not being lynched, but he tends to blab a lot as well. Snake ran in screaming 'wagonning' when he got two votes. Also, at the moment, the way INH dropped his case on Ron, and promised forthcoming top three is ringing alarm bells at me.

Okay, your question relates to this post:

My vote on Ron was half-joking and half-serious - I didn't know for sure if it was true that putting him under pressure made him talkative, so I thought "Fuck it, there's nothing else going on right now, might as well". It's not really provided any new info, though, so with that in mind:

unvote Ron Simmons

I've now got two potential, nascent suspects: swiftstrike, for the reason mentioned earlier, and Snake - he's not said anything particularly scummy, but attempting to "take charge" the way he did in his last post COULD be seen as an attempt to avoid suspicion by leading the Town. It's complete speculation though, so I wouldn't vote for either right now, and would, in a bigger game, rather go for a No Lynch than hang either one as they currently are.

When I played scum, I noticed one thing that was useful to do was to raise suspicion in a way that didn't really raise suspicion. Your reasoning on snake reminds me on that. 'he's not said anything particularly scummy', 'COULD be seen', 'it's complete speculation'... - you see what I mean?

Care to explain that?

There's nothing really to explain, it's as you see: this early in the game, we have barely anything to go on, and that's the most I've been able to extract from the game. As I say, it's not at present to make me vote for Snake, it's just enough to get me keeping an eye out on him.

• Paid Members

You can leave your vote as you like it or change it but you have already raised my suspicions by the fact you claim to have had no time to move it yet you where online last night from around 10ish and obviously still around are 3ish this morning I think you could have unvoted or made comment before now.

I'm also offended at being a policy lynch.

But do you agree with the idea of a policy lynch? As you have not made reference to disagreeing with the idea rather that it would be yourself put up for it, who do you feel should be an ideal policy lynch candidate?

I was with my mate watching films and playing the Wii. I was on and off the PC most the night but tbh the game didn't even come into my head.

I don't have an opinion on a policy lynch either way, as it's not much different from my "lynch the strongest" ideas.

• Paid Members

Sorry so quiet, just been busy elsewhere, and I've only had flitting visits to the site. To begin this post:

Unvote: Bristep

It was a random vote, and the wording was a slant at humour regarding the last game and my gameplay, thought that was apparent, sorry if it confused, should've added a smilie perhaps!?

I like the questioning idea, I have Snake and Carbomb and will endeavour to go over their posts a little harder and come back with a few questions each for them as soon as poss.

See you in this thread a little later.

• Paid Members

Right. If we are getting nowhere by tomorrow, I will offer myself up as the lynch. I doubt it will give you any answers, but it might get you a list of where to start looking.

• Paid Members

Strikes me as a bit of a scummy move that Snake. You've essentially implied that lynching you won't mean anything, or in other words, you're Vanilla. You should know from the shit it caused in the last game with Vanilla claims that it puts everyone else in danger, and even though I'm not as bothered as others, it usually starts something up with some people.

I think you're scum knowing that we'd think you were implying Vanilla, but due to masking it with wording we'd not lynch you either because you hinted at being Town.

Unvote Insert name here

• Paid Members

I'm not implying anything, you are reading into that all by yourself. I have my reasons behind what I said, but let's just see shall we..? I like the way supposedly claiming vanilla also makes me scum. Which is it am I vanilla or scum?

• Paid Members
I'm not implying anything, you are reading into that all by yourself. I have my reasons behind what I said, but let's just see shall we..? I like the way supposedly claiming vanilla also makes me scum. Which is it am I vanilla or scum?

Well a power role wouldn't offer himself up for a lynch would they?. That's just dumb play. I'm reading into it exactly how you intended people to.

I already answered your question in my last post. Your intention is to slyly claim Vanilla without directly saying it. This way you can claim Vanilla and look like an honourable Town member but without provoking the response a direct claim would give. You also know nobody would willingly lynch a claimed Town.

I think you're scum.

Archived