The Terrible, Interminably Boring Mafia Game

Nexus

• Paid Members

Snake is playing this whole breadcrumbing thing as though I'm saying he's all these roles, when in actual fact I've said he's claiming them, and that I don't beleive him and think he's scum. If I pointed out that I thought he was actually a powerrole, in what sane universe would I then actually vote for him?. Oh yeah that guy is a Jester, VOTE. I'm not thick.

Swift, when I said he was "definately" a power role, that was at the point he was hinting Bomb and I had said I think I know what he is. If he was indeed the Bomb then by me saying he's a power role, it would give a chance of the Scum actually lynching him because up to that point, I had not mentioned what it was I thought he was. They'd just assume I'd played shitty and gave away a power role for them to off, when in actual fact at that point I assumed he was the bomb.

He then started again to try and bandwagon on me. Notice how he tried it with Ron, but the second Ron just stopped posting as much he changed focus totally on me?. And his reason all along has been "policy lynch". Only after I accused him of being scum and voted him did he accuse me of being scum. Very OMGUS, no?.

Snake is playing a very crafty game of picking me out of a crowd since the very beginning, completely aware that I'm one of the easier players to annoy and get arguments from. You're all forgetting he's hinted at like 4 roles in the first day of the game!. What Town player would hint at being a load of different roles?. Assuming he uses the "by claiming, the scum will off me when i'm really a Vanilla" excuse which is the only semi-useful one I can think of, it doesn't change the fact that;

A. He's tried goading the town into killing him anyway

B. What he's doing is distracting everyone from the Town. If he's scum, they won't be distracted because they'll know what he's doing. It's obvious he's just throwing shit at the walls and seeing what sticks to waste the time of the Town, pick out easy targets like me, while all the scum are sat laughing at how easy it is.

Snake is the obvious lynch today. His play is scummy and even in the slim chance he's town, he's one that is a burden to the rest of town.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
You're all forgetting he's hinted at like 4 roles in the first day of the game!. What Town player would hint at being a load of different roles?

Not forgetting, just realising what a cracking job he's done by basically putting himself up for an easy lynch, and in turn finding you out.

Snake is the obvious lynch today. His play is scummy and even in the slim chance he's town, he's one that is a burden to the rest of town.

Snake WAS the obvious choice, his play WAS scummy but you were too scared to vote, who had to search and search for his actual role, he had you spinning by what he actually was in the game, and your actions to discover where Snake was coming from have truly landed you as scum choice number 1 for me.

I truly think Snake has played a blinder, if TripleA turns Town, then questions must be asked. Of Snake and of course me as I've jumped on this wagon.

And seeing as Snake is quite eager already to push me as a suspect even though I'm the only one so far to go along with him, I'd just like to reiterate that I will gladly answer any question regarding today's gameplay, and portray my role as 100% Town.

• Paid Members

So because I pointed out how scummy he looked and voted for him, I suddenly become scum?. Snake is playing a blinder, but it's not on me mate, it's on you and anyone who buys into his rubbish.

This is one hell of a mess we're in. From what i've read we now have several possible scenarios that could happen

#1 We go to a no-lynch, which will be IMO the worst thing to happen as we'll be no further along in our investigation and chances are we'll lose someone in the night phase.

#2 We lynch Snake, he flips Scum. He's been trying to bluff and confuse his way through the game and it's back-fired. Great one scum down and no doubt some questioning of Snake's supporters.

#3 We lynch Snake, he flips Town. We've made a mistake, this would then lead TripleA and anyone else(including myself) who voted for him to become suspects.

#4 We lynch TripleA, he flips Scum. Bravo Snake, very well played but it also comes at the cost of him pretty much confirming himself as town and leaving himself exposed as an easy target.

#5 We lynch TripleA, he flips Town. Either Snake's fucked up or he's fooled us all, either way he becomes public enemy number 1 and would no doubt be in for a tough time come day 2.

I should also add that i do realise the above scenarios are not 100% accurate but i think they cover the essentials. And also for now i'm leaving my vote on Snake because something about this supposed trap he's sprung is just not working for me and i'm more inclined to believe he's scum than anyone else at the minute.

Triple A's post about not voting because he could be a bomb makes good sense to me.

I even asked Snake when he had 4 votes if he wanted to roleclaim to save himself and he said "No".

Triple A hasn't helped himself by reacting the way he does, but that is how Triple A normally plays, so I don't feel that is scummy play but won't say that he still cam't be scum.

I have been through the whole thread and my gut feeling is the same as it has been for most of this days play.

I asked Triple A that if we had to lynch someone with no leads, would he vote for a stronger player, a weak player or someone who you are struggling to read.

He said he would take a chance and vote for the stronger players, but I would pick the last option most of the time as that is the only way to get some serious answers as to what is going on, even if it means we lose a valuable town member.

Confuse the hell out of me and you will get my vote.

Vote: Snake

• Paid Members

Forgot to mention as well yesterday that TripleA also mentioned that he likes to get the more important players lynched 'Just in case' no matter whether they are or not scum because that makes sense doesn't it targeting the better players so he can have an easier run through e game and not have to worry about actually formulating a decent defence to hide his scum ambition.

And after I mention the word breadcrumbing he's nowtaken tomusing it and has now switched his stance to I was actually claiming roles. That's completely wrong.

Ladies and Gents I present you with a scum flailing away as he knows he's been caught.

You're out for a day and everyone goes nuts. Ok, reading over this and in reference to SMS's last post it looks like we either have to decide on TripleA or Snake for today's lynch (unless you feel strongly that neither are scum, in which case you're entitled to stand by a no-lynch which is not preferrable but if that's your belief so be it).

I am not really convinced that either player is scum as yet, because although I see what Snake was looking to do, I don't know that TripleA is neccessarily scum. I get the feeling he was more an over-active stumble about the woods town player who was so desperate for a lynch that he set off the trap himself. No less dangerous to the rest of the town at certain times but certainly not scum. With that said, I'm also not convinced that Snake is scum either. I think that TMS might be for sitting behind Snake pumping his fist in the air shouting "Yeah!!! We got him!!!" but again, the focus is either Snake or TripleA here so he can wait for whatever the flip brings.

I'm leaning towards TripleA because he's made some really bad statements (lynching stronger players?) and as has been said he gets so very, very defensive if anyone looks in his direction. I'm not 100% convinced yet so right now, I'm not putting on a vote because I still think there is a good few hours discussion to be had.

With that said, I will make a decision around 6ish so that it's not last minute.

Vote Count #4

TripleA (3): Snake, Swiftstrike, TMS

Snake (3): INH, Chris B, TripleA

Chris B (1): Ron Simmons

Not voting: The rest.

I'm not sure if that's right. Let me know.

Also, I'm probably away when the deadline hits, but I will ignore any posts, votes or anything past 9pm.

Thems da rulez.

This was the last vote count, since then I have voted Snake, so that means Snake has 4 votes and Triple A 3.

We need one of them to have 6 votes to be a lynch and I believe a no lynch will hurt us in the long run so we need a decision before the deadline at 9pm.

• Paid Members

First if it comes to needing the vote to lynch I am prepared to switch onto Snake as a no lynch is unacceptable but I really think people need to look at TripleA as even without Snake's weird play Trips has done a lot of anti town things.

--

What's OMGUS?

Snake is playing this whole breadcrumbing thing as though I'm saying he's all these roles, when in actual fact I've said he's claiming them, and that I don't beleive him and think he's scum. If I pointed out that I thought he was actually a powerrole, in what sane universe would I then actually vote for him?. Oh yeah that guy is a Jester, VOTE. I'm not thick.

Swift, when I said he was "definately" a power role, that was at the point he was hinting Bomb and I had said I think I know what he is. If he was indeed the Bomb then by me saying he's a power role, it would give a chance of the Scum actually lynching him because up to that point, I had not mentioned what it was I thought he was. They'd just assume I'd played shitty and gave away a power role for them to off, when in actual fact at that point I assumed he was the bomb.

He then started again to try and bandwagon on me. Notice how he tried it with Ron, but the second Ron just stopped posting as much he changed focus totally on me?. And his reason all along has been "policy lynch". Only after I accused him of being scum and voted him did he accuse me of being scum. Very OMGUS, no?.

Snake is playing a very crafty game of picking me out of a crowd since the very beginning, completely aware that I'm one of the easier players to annoy and get arguments from. You're all forgetting he's hinted at like 4 roles in the first day of the game!. What Town player would hint at being a load of different roles?. Assuming he uses the "by claiming, the scum will off me when i'm really a Vanilla" excuse which is the only semi-useful one I can think of, it doesn't change the fact that;

A. He's tried goading the town into killing him anyway

B. What he's doing is distracting everyone from the Town. If he's scum, they won't be distracted because they'll know what he's doing. It's obvious he's just throwing shit at the walls and seeing what sticks to waste the time of the Town, pick out easy targets like me, while all the scum are sat laughing at how easy it is.

Nice use of OMGUS despite the fact that you "had" to earlier ask what it means also you still haven't answered my point about why you had enough time to be in the episodes thread reading that with your friend around but not look in here are you both massive Matt Le Blanc fans or something?

--

This is one hell of a mess we're in. From what i've read we now have several possible scenarios that could happen

#1 We go to a no-lynch, which will be IMO the worst thing to happen as we'll be no further along in our investigation and chances are we'll lose someone in the night phase.

#2 We lynch Snake, he flips Scum. He's been trying to bluff and confuse his way through the game and it's back-fired. Great one scum down and no doubt some questioning of Snake's supporters.

#3 We lynch Snake, he flips Town. We've made a mistake, this would then lead TripleA and anyone else(including myself) who voted for him to become suspects.

#4 We lynch TripleA, he flips Scum. Bravo Snake, very well played but it also comes at the cost of him pretty much confirming himself as town and leaving himself exposed as an easy target.

#5 We lynch TripleA, he flips Town. Either Snake's fucked up or he's fooled us all, either way he becomes public enemy number 1 and would no doubt be in for a tough time come day 2.

You have missed out the possibility

#6 that they could both be scum using Snake plan first to try set him up as town and then when that didn't work try to set up as town against each other so whatever the lynch the scum get one confirmed town.

If the only way to get a lynch is for me to swap votes, I will do it, but as poor a player as Triple A has been, Snakes dodgy play sets off alarm bells ringing in my head and my gut feeling is that he is the more likely scum of the two if any of them are.

I also feel we gain much more info from a Snake lynch than a Triple A one.

In all honesty, I feel TMS and Ron appear more scummy to me than Triple A at this point, but I wouldn't feel happy lynching either of those either.

The only lynch I would feel happy with today is Snake.

• Paid Members

There's no "stand out" lynch as far as I can see. I think we make huge mistakes sometimes in these games by going for the most obvious choice and forgetting about other possibilities. I'm not convinced about either Triple A or Snake as scum, though if I were to vote for one of the two it'd probably be Snake.

For now

unvote

Vote Snake

I want to avoid a no-lynch, but to be quite honest I'm not 100% convinced about him. However, if one of the two are scum I'd predict it's him.

Archived