The Terrible, Interminably Boring Mafia Game

Nexus

• Paid Members

Rigt that's me at L-1 then. I have no issue if someone hammers me if we get nearer to lynch time. However I would implore you not too. As I previously said I have claimed no role, I won't either because I don't have one. This is our last chance to stop the scum getting away with a day 1 town lynch, as they have managed to steer the lynch onto me quite nicely.

All of you with this I don't want to lynch either attitude, who should we be lynching then? Because if any of you have a solid enough case, there's nothing to stop us all being convinced? However, I do still feel that we are missing out on a scum if you decide to not lynch TripleA today.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Snake, what the hell are you playing at? As far as I can see, nobody's 'steered the lynch onto you' - you appear to have very deliberately done that yourself.

At the moment, I'm concerned by Triple A, but the only thing stopping me from switching my vote to him is that he's reacted in a confused way to a confused play by you. I'm more concerned that you've decided to try a huge bluff, in the hopes of confirming yourself as town with a 'self-sacrificing' play.

Make your case, and I'll listen.

• Paid Members

Another thing I've just thought of. I'm not worried about being lynched. However TripleA is. That would say he has a lot to lose on Day 1 if he becomes the lynch. That would suggest he needs not to be lynched because it puts his scum team at a disadvantage?

He wouldn't be so worried if he was a power role because he could claim it at L-1 and the lynch could fall back on me. With this being a basic mafia game according to Nexus the only roles in game are likely to be Cop, Doc and/or blocker. So that suggests he has a lot more to lose.

• Paid Members
This is our last chance to stop the scum getting away with a day 1 town lynch, as they have managed to steer the lynch onto me quite nicely.

Actually, you steered the lynch onto yourself by "offering yourself up." The general play is either scummy or misguided, and it doesn't help detect scum at all. If you're town it may very well be that scum are voting for you, but I don't think it's possible to specify who that might be I'm afraid. A vote for you is fairly justifiable.

Also, you tried to start a "policy lynch" on either Triple A or I. To do that at the stage in the game that it was seems a bit scummy to me.

• Paid Members
First if it comes to needing the vote to lynch I am prepared to switch onto Snake as a no lynch is unacceptable but I really think people need to look at TripleA as even without Snake's weird play Trips has done a lot of anti town things.

--

What's OMGUS?

Snake is playing this whole breadcrumbing thing as though I'm saying he's all these roles, when in actual fact I've said he's claiming them, and that I don't beleive him and think he's scum. If I pointed out that I thought he was actually a powerrole, in what sane universe would I then actually vote for him?. Oh yeah that guy is a Jester, VOTE. I'm not thick.

Swift, when I said he was "definately" a power role, that was at the point he was hinting Bomb and I had said I think I know what he is. If he was indeed the Bomb then by me saying he's a power role, it would give a chance of the Scum actually lynching him because up to that point, I had not mentioned what it was I thought he was. They'd just assume I'd played shitty and gave away a power role for them to off, when in actual fact at that point I assumed he was the bomb.

He then started again to try and bandwagon on me. Notice how he tried it with Ron, but the second Ron just stopped posting as much he changed focus totally on me?. And his reason all along has been "policy lynch". Only after I accused him of being scum and voted him did he accuse me of being scum. Very OMGUS, no?.

Snake is playing a very crafty game of picking me out of a crowd since the very beginning, completely aware that I'm one of the easier players to annoy and get arguments from. You're all forgetting he's hinted at like 4 roles in the first day of the game!. What Town player would hint at being a load of different roles?. Assuming he uses the "by claiming, the scum will off me when i'm really a Vanilla" excuse which is the only semi-useful one I can think of, it doesn't change the fact that;

A. He's tried goading the town into killing him anyway

B. What he's doing is distracting everyone from the Town. If he's scum, they won't be distracted because they'll know what he's doing. It's obvious he's just throwing shit at the walls and seeing what sticks to waste the time of the Town, pick out easy targets like me, while all the scum are sat laughing at how easy it is.

Snake is the obvious lynch today. His play is scummy and even in the slim chance he's town, he's one that is a burden to the rest of town.

Nice use of OMGUS despite the fact that you "had" to earlier ask what it means also you still haven't answered my point about why you had enough time to be in the episodes thread reading that with your friend around but not look in here are you both massive Matt Le Blanc fans or something?

Well I know what the phrase means now so using it is hardly a massive scum move is it.

I think you're forgetting to take into account, that a thread about a sitcom doesn't require me to read every post carefully word for word by everyone in the thread, think of what they mean, then post detailed posts myself. Like I said, I was on and off the pc, it takes about 1 minute to reply in the Episodes thread, or any other thread. This one requires a lot more time and focus, which I just didn't have.

Rigt that's me at L-1 then. I have no issue if someone hammers me if we get nearer to lynch time. However I would implore you not too. As I previously said I have claimed no role, I won't either because I don't have one. This is our last chance to stop the scum getting away with a day 1 town lynch, as they have managed to steer the lynch onto me quite nicely.

All of you with this I don't want to lynch either attitude, who should we be lynching then? Because if any of you have a solid enough case, there's nothing to stop us all being convinced? However, I do still feel that we are missing out on a scum if you decide to not lynch TripleA today.

So you are actually claiming a role, you are claiming vanilla townie, as you wouldn't have been claiming a role if you didn't say anything.

• Paid Members

I think Snake has just shown his true colours everyone.

He bluffs his way to L-1 with numerous posts saying he doesn't mind being todays lynch, and so on. The second he gets to L-1 he says it was Scum steering it onto him. It obviously wasn't.

He then says I'm scummy because I don't want to be lynched. Of course I don't!. Nobody does!. If I'm Vanilla, or a Cop, or a Doc or whoever, I don't want to be lynched, especially not on day 1!. How is that a scum tell?

• Paid Members

Ron, you've missed the point. I offered myself up to draw out the scum onto a wagon. Also one of the reasons your voting me is because I suggested you were the policy lynch?! Oh dear.

The policy lynch comment in itself was to get you and tripleA to react as I knew you would, because you are both very vocal, then the idea was to see who else would latch on. However it seems with TripleA I pulled the Lions tail because we got much more than we bargained for.

Notice TripleA is still obsessed with what my role is? When you get to L-1 it's the sensible thing to do, to claim. That way people have one last chance to reconsider their vote. Also, if scum try and get clever and claim a role it allows for the counter claim. Basics of Mafia Scum gameplay. TripleAs almost newbie like approach just doesn't wash. He's been involved in pretty much every game on here.

• Paid Members

Of course I'm fixated with your role, because you've hinted at loads, then only when you're on L-1 (through nobody's fault but your own) do you claim Vanilla.

The entire problem with your little plan was that you purposely picked 2 people you'd know would react. You didn't throw it out there and wait to see who bit, you aimed specifically for 2 people you knew would give a reaction like this. That isn't scum hunting, that's just taunting people. You didn't pick 2 people you thought might be scum, or 2 people you were unsure of, you picked 2 people who you know regardless of what role they have whether it be Vanilla, Scum, or Power would react exactly like I have, and Ron would have if he didn't just ignore it and stop posting for a while.

It's not a plan really is it?. It's just annoying someone and then shouting SCUM!

• Paid Members
Ron, you've missed the point. I offered myself up to draw out the scum onto a wagon. Also one of the reasons your voting me is because I suggested you were the policy lynch?! Oh dear.

The policy lynch comment in itself was to get you and tripleA to react as I knew you would, because you are both very vocal, then the idea was to see who else would latch on. However it seems with TripleA I pulled the Lions tail because we got much more than we bargained for.

Notice TripleA is still obsessed with what my role is? When you get to L-1 it's the sensible thing to do, to claim. That way people have one last chance to reconsider their vote. Also, if scum try and get clever and claim a role it allows for the counter claim. Basics of Mafia Scum gameplay. TripleAs almost newbie like approach just doesn't wash. He's been involved in pretty much every game on here.

We, WE

Who is we?

Also

That's all I needed.

Vote TripleA

How did you place this vote when you already had a vote on?

Vote Count #4

TripleA (3): Snake, Swiftstrike, TMS

Snake (3): INH, Chris B, TripleA

Chris B (1): Ron Simmons

Not voting: The rest.

I'm not sure if that's right. Let me know.

Also, I'm probably away when the deadline hits, but I will ignore any posts, votes or anything past 9pm.

Thems da rulez.

Because otherwise how are you the first vote on TripleA

• Paid Members
Ron, you've missed the point. I offered myself up to draw out the scum onto a wagon.

This, I can not believe that it is hard to comprehend the move Snake did here, he offered himself up, it was risky, hell I even voted for him. However in doing so he ruffled the feathers of TripleA, who came across as SO desperate to get a roleclaim, who needed to figure out if he was a Joker, a Bomb or just pain Vanilla.

Snake acted scummy, for sure, but it was a tactic, and one I think has worked. I'm now trying to look at those that are forcing through the Snake lynch and figure which ones are either scum or just unwise to Snake's cracking bit of gameplay.

I also expect my good self to be murdered come the night phase, as it appears I'm the only who can clearly see TripleA's desperation and Snake's cracking bit of gameplay, so I aks you all if Snake goes, to look at who forced this vote, and look at who is actually relying on the "Snake offered himself" crack for the lynch, when it has become SO apparent it was a trap, and and soon as the trap was sprung, the offering up became null and void, EVERYONE must surely see this?

• Paid Members
he's done by basically putting himself up for an easy lynch

As far as I can see, nobody's 'steered the lynch onto you' - you appear to have very deliberately done that yourself.

I'm more concerned that you've decided to try a huge bluff, in the hopes of confirming yourself as town with a 'self-sacrificing' play.

Actually, you steered the lynch onto yourself by "offering yourself up." The general play is either scummy or misguided, and it doesn't help detect scum at all.

I offered myself up to draw out the scum onto a wagon.

the move Snake did here, he offered himself up, it was risky, hell I even voted for him.

so I aks you all if Snake goes, to look at who forced this vote, and look at who is actually relying on the "Snake offered himself" crack for the lynch

I'm not relying on "Snake offered himself" at all. I've pointed out numerous reasons I think he's scummy. Just looking back on this page alone you'll see all the people who said he offered himself up, including Snake himself. It was a useless and totally pointless play. All he did was annoy Town, and get you to practically ejaculate in your pants at how "amazing" it was.

Archived