The Terrible, Interminably Boring Mafia Game

Nexus

• Paid Members
TripleA is always my policy lynch especially after his comments about my moderation of the last game. It's based in humour really, but also his suggestion of getting rid of the better players just in case theory is just plain dumb. Ergo lets lynch him to stop him goofing up the town and potentially taking away one of our team that could actually make a difference?

Okay I see the reason for suggesting Trips but how/why do you feel a policy lynch is town beneficial?

And what would your reason be for policy lynching Ron as the other person you said you would be happy to PL?

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm not being a policy lynch based on "he dissed my modding abilities" and "he might mess up later".

I have no idea what Snake is trying to do. He's hinted at being Vanilla, Jester, and if my suspicions are correct, a Bomb. He's speaking in riddles and clues to throw everyone off, then trying to push a policy lynch on me because I "might damage the town" or whatever. Gaining enough votes to lynch in a game this small is easy, so starting bandwagons is easy.

I think Snake is very possibly Scum. He hinted Vanilla, but then hinted at being a Jester and a Bomb. Who would do this?. Nobody wants to vote for either the Jester or the Bomb. A Town member would not leap forward with things like this unless he had no idea how to play. He's confusing everyone with random claims, then trying to start a bandwagon going which is already picking up the attention of the strongest player in the game (Swift) and I'm sure Carbomb and SMS have shown suspicion at me.

Vote Snake

• Paid Members

Getting overly defensive much Mr.A?

As far as Ron goes, more for the fact he's someone who raises suspicion becuase he's fairly agressive in his post style. But in that it should be noted he's played like that in pretty much every game we have had on here and other than being recruited to being cult, if my memory serves he's always been town.

And just to correct you again A I haven't claimed anything, you are reading into what I am posting. I haven't steered Swifts opinion of you anywhere, he's his own mind and has made his conclusions of his own accord.

I'm almost there though now.

• Paid Members
I'm not being a policy lynch based on "he dissed my modding abilities" and "he might mess up later".

I have no idea what Snake is trying to do. He's hinted at being Vanilla, Jester, and if my suspicions are correct, a Bomb. He's speaking in riddles and clues to throw everyone off, then trying to push a policy lynch on me because I "might damage the town" or whatever. Gaining enough votes to lynch in a game this small is easy, so starting bandwagons is easy.

I think Snake is very possibly Scum. He hinted Vanilla, but then hinted at being a Jester and a Bomb. Who would do this?. Nobody wants to vote for either the Jester or the Bomb. A Town member would not leap forward with things like this unless he had no idea how to play. He's confusing everyone with random claims, then trying to start a bandwagon going which is already picking up the attention of the strongest player in the game (Swift) and I'm sure Carbomb and SMS have shown suspicion at me.

Vote Snake

That's a cause of doctoring the evidence if ever I did see one, I voted for you before Snake raise policy lynching (which I don't agree with) due to you avoid my question despite being online and it's also your definitely knowing snake is a town power role that puts you as suspect no.1

• Paid Members

Just because I'm online doesn't mean I have time to be playing this. I was with someone and we were swapping between the PC and Wii. You know for a fact that I'm usually one of the chattier ones, so it's not like I have a history of lurking about doing nothing. I was just busy with more important things.

Snake, you havn't directly claimed anything, but you're strongly implying numerous roles. I'm not the only one to pick up on it. I think you're throwing seeds of doubt every time you post and hoping it confuses people enough not to vote.

1. You offer yourself up to be killed and imply Vanilla by saying killing you won't get any answers. A power role such as Doc or Cop wouldn't offer themselves up. So the obvious implication is that killing you won't effect the game. Thus, Vanilla.

2. You say things like "lynch me already", pretty much begging to be killed. A Jester would do this, and to some extent a bomb.

3. You tell SMS not to vote for you until L-2. Then drop phrases like "time is ticking away" in your next post. Obvious implication of a bomb.

5. You deny Jester, but don't deny anything else.

6. Despite dropping clues and riddles about god knows how many roles and not helping anyone at all, you refuse to roleclaim which from you at this point would actually help. You then say that we'd have to take a risk and kill you. You seem happy to be killed, but won't say why.

7. More than once you push a policy lynch on me, and Ron as well. At the same time as offering yourself up to be lynched. You give really poor, if any reasons at all for it, including "his comments on my modding".

8. When I say I'm not being a random policy lynch because you didn't like my comments, and then I explain my vote for you and vote you, you label me defensive. It's obvious I'm defensive, because I'm town and you of all people, the bloody Riddler is trying to get me killed based on the fact you sucked as a mod.

• Paid Members

Have to agree, never seen someone be so afraid of a jester/bomb/vanilla and so in need of a roleclaim when, in reality if you've nothing to fear the vote should have just been delivered and left.

I believe this to be great work from Snake here, a fantastic trap set, and it looks to have been sprung.

Unvote: Snake Plissken

Vote: TripleA

• Paid Members

Apparently the trap was to imply numerous roles, beg on mulitple occassions to be killed and try and policy lynch someone for shit reasons. Then when person in question (me in this case) doesn't like being voted for because of reasons like "he didn't like the way I modded" and retaliates by questioning why the person who has implied numerous roles and pretended not to, begged to be lynched and played really oddly, they pretend it was a trap set and that I'm scum for asking questions and not being happy with being lynched via personal vendetta.

So not so much a trap, as much as really odd and scummy play from Snake, which for some reasons TMS is agreeing with. Maybe we need to look at TMS too.

I have no idea what game Snake is playing, as I don't like or understand what he is trying to do, so my vote stays where it is.

Being this close to the deadline, with an active weekend coming up, I can't guarantee I will be able to post much tomorrow but should be able to keep an eye on things.

I wil be on for a few hours tonight though, but unless anything major happens to change my mind, I won't be changing my vote.

With 9 other players, you need 6 of you to vote for someone else, baring in mind you might have upto 3 scum in your ranks.

I think you will find it hard to get enough people to agree on someone else this late, so lets get some serious answers from Snake, otherwise we might not lynch anybody and we will spend most of the next day wondering what he was playing at.

Not happy with Rons answer to my question, as he just claimed he doesn't get aggressive, when we all know he does.

FOS: Ron Simmons

Not happy with Triple A accusing me of say I suspected him when I only questioned what was going on between him and Snake and then stated that I thought he was playing his normal town game by not putting much thought into his posts.

As part of me believes he is town, I won't FOS him, but I will keep a much closer eye on him than I have been.

Third post, but I am having problems typing this on a phone, so I apoligise for this.

I am so confident we don't have a bomb or jester, that I will even unvote then add the final vote myself, if that is what people are worried about.

If that is the case, I would prefer we agree to do this as soon as possible, so I can arrange a time to get on to do the last vote as late as I possibly can to allow further discussion.

• Paid Members

I'm not entirely sure what's going on with Snake's play. He seems to have nailed something, or he wouldn't have voted like that, with no case to back him up.

Snake - please explain yourself. If you're certain TripleA's Scum, he's only going to be lynched if you can convince us this is the case. Otherwise, I see no reason to vote him - I've had no reason to suspect him until now.

TripleA - I haven't cast any suspicion on you in this thread at all. I've only pointed at swiftstrike and Snake up to this point.

Archived