The Terrible, Interminably Boring Mafia Game

Nexus

In regards to my vote on martyngnr, it was just a reponse to the Aberdeen Army invasion, as well as a laugh as I know pervious games have allowed people to vote for anyone but if they are not in the game the vote will be wasted.

As we were still in random vote stage, I thought it would be funny to vote for him, or at least I found it funny anyhow.

Not happy of the idea of a lynch policy because right now nobody has offered anything more to the game than anyone else, so by that rights we are all as good or as bad as each other, so to suggest 2 names is very poor play and almost gets you a serious vote from me.

I also don't like the idea of naming 3 top suspects because the game hasn't been going long enough and it gives scum the info on who we most suspect so they can plan round this.

I started a discussion in an earlier post about what we actually know about the game and came to the following conclusion.

This is a traditional Mafia game so it most probably won't be too advanced and have basic roles.

There will most probably be 3 scum as 2 doesn't seem to fair on the scum, so that means we can't make many mistakes early on, so we need to stop talking about the last game and start concentrating on this one.

Anyone else got anything to add before we move on to stage 2, which is interrogating everyone, and by that I do mean everyone.

Unvote: martyngnr

Time to start taking things serious guys as we don't have many days left till nightfall.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SMS has got a good point in that we do need to concentrate on this game and forget about the last one. This game is a lot smaller than the last one so it's going to be a lot trickier for the scum to hide themselves.

FoS: Ron Simmons

It's your idea for us to come up with a list of possible suspects, are you trying to make yourself look innocent early on?

Erm, what if everyone picked me as their top suspect? It doesn't really work in that way.

Nobody has yet though have they? I'm merely suggesting that asking us to come up with a list of suspects would be a good way for you to make yourself look innocent. But at the same time if you are scum you could also use these lists to figure out who's the biggest threat to you, maybe that's the real reason you asked us.

Oh and just a heads up i'm V/LA until around midnight tonight as i've got a 10 hour shift ahead of me at work. I know it's not a massive absence but still.

• Paid Members
Ron Simmons (2): Chris B, Carbomb

Bristep (2): TMS, Swiftstrike

Right here our our two potential wagons here. Now likely in this crowd is at least a scum. Im not ruling out the possibility that one of the people being voted for here is a scum, but let's take the instance of the votes for alone.

It's too early for scum to throw one of their own to the wolves and bus them and in a small game like this this wouldn't make tactical sense so lets look at the 4 people here. Bristep is a target as he played an intelligent game last time and would likely be seen as a threat to the the scum if he hangs around which would make sense to try and get a wagon going.

Ron can be rather confrontational and so both Carbomb and Chris B who were scum last time know and would try and push his buttons once more?

I would be interested to here from TMS, Swiftstrike. Chris and Carbomb for their motivations for their votes please?

• Paid Members

Snake my vote on Bristep is still random I moved it off Ron as I was a little concerned that 3 votes was a half full wagon so I agree we need to watch these votes, but at 2 votes I don't think that it is such a waggoning issue and cannot explain a vote any better than following TMS gut.

On to SMS I agree that we are looking at either 2 or 3 mafia, with the number I feel to be more likely 3 as 2 doesn't give us the same number of wrong lynches to right ones neccessary to even the game as mike has explained a number of times before it should be roughly the same and 2 mafia gives 2 right, 2 wrong, 3 night kills so our numbers would be 7 or 8 and that is ignoring the possiblity that we stop the mafia from killing one night through either doc or other methods.

Ron Simmons (2): Chris B, Carbomb

Bristep (2): TMS, Swiftstrike

Right here our our two potential wagons here. Now likely in this crowd is at least a scum. Im not ruling out the possibility that one of the people being voted for here is a scum, but let's take the instance of the votes for alone.

It's too early for scum to throw one of their own to the wolves and bus them and in a small game like this this wouldn't make tactical sense so lets look at the 4 people here. Bristep is a target as he played an intelligent game last time and would likely be seen as a threat to the the scum if he hangs around which would make sense to try and get a wagon going.

Ron can be rather confrontational and so both Carbomb and Chris B who were scum last time know and would try and push his buttons once more?

I would be interested to here from TMS, Swiftstrike. Chris and Carbomb for their motivations for their votes please?

There was the point that Ron tends to get jittery if he's under scrutiny, I think that putting a small wagon on him can get some useful info on him. I'm also fairly happy that neither of the votes on me were random at this stage. There's still every chance that one of the votes on either could be from scum but I don't know that they're trying to get a lynch so early. It would be hard to influence enough town opinion without standing out like a sore thumb imo.

Ron seems to be very keen to point back to the last game as a reference for this one. This is dangerous play (and can be seen as scummy behaviour) as ideally the town have learned from their mistakes, and people may end up playing different styles. I say that because you're also starting to refer back to the last game as indicators for this one.

On the topic of Ron, I don't think that top 3 naming this early is useful because it'll give the scum more information than us, allowing them to gently push towards the general concensus's.

With that said, we are only a few days away from the end of the day phase so things will need to progress soon otherwise we'll have a no-lynch to start the game off.

• Paid Members

My vote on Ron was half-joking and half-serious - I didn't know for sure if it was true that putting him under pressure made him talkative, so I thought "Fuck it, there's nothing else going on right now, might as well". It's not really provided any new info, though, so with that in mind:

unvote Ron Simmons

I've now got two potential, nascent suspects: swiftstrike, for the reason mentioned earlier, and Snake - he's not said anything particularly scummy, but attempting to "take charge" the way he did in his last post COULD be seen as an attempt to avoid suspicion by leading the Town. It's complete speculation though, so I wouldn't vote for either right now, and would, in a bigger game, rather go for a No Lynch than hang either one as they currently are.

• Paid Members

Carbomb Im not attempting to lead anything, I am my usual self being brave enough to stick my head above the parapet and let the scum know Im someone for them to worry about.

Im also trying to get us closer to finding us an someone who we can confidentally lynch in the belief that they are scum. (As we won't know for sure until the flip). But also Carbomb we are yet to play in game together and Im always suspected for being scum as I think I have been scum more times than anyone else on here.

• Paid Members

Well there's no other phrasing for a collection of votes is there, granted a wagon is sort of 3/4 votes onwards but it was getting that way so I used the term for general understanding purposes.

There are too many players for me to ask individual questions, so I am going to throw out a suggestion that we ask the players above and below us on the player listings one question each only, so that means everyone gets asked 2 questions each as well as questioning 2 players.

Player 1 and the last player will ask each other a question as they only have 1 player listed near them.

This makes the questioning completely random, as the roles and player numbers we given were random, so hopefully the odds will be in our favour meaning scum have less chance of questioning scum.

We can see where this leads us then somebody else can suggest the next method of investigation, so we don't have the same player leading the search, so we stand a much lesser chance of being lead around by the scum.

Agreed or anybody have any better ideas?

• Paid Members
Well there's no other phrasing for a collection of votes is there, granted a wagon is sort of 3/4 votes onwards but it was getting that way so I used the term for general understanding purposes.

'Getting that way'? And people who have only put a single vote on someone at this point aren't getting that way because...?

• Paid Members
Carbomb Im not attempting to lead anything, I am my usual self being brave enough to stick my head above the parapet and let the scum know Im someone for them to worry about.

Like I said, I'm nowhere near ready to lynch you, it's just the most I have on the game at the moment. I don't doubt someone else will, in the next few pages, provide something dodgy for us to focus on.

Im also trying to get us closer to finding us an someone who we can confidentally lynch in the belief that they are scum. (As we won't know for sure until the flip). But also Carbomb we are yet to play in game together and Im always suspected for being scum as I think I have been scum more times than anyone else on here.

Are we? Could've sworn you were in Cluedo?

• Paid Members

Yes Snake was the butler in the Cluedo game, Ron killed him off on the first night if I remember correctly.

--

There are too many players for me to ask individual questions, so I am going to throw out a suggestion that we ask the players above and below us on the player listings one question each only, so that means everyone gets asked 2 questions each as well as questioning 2 players.

Player 1 and the last player will ask each other a question as they only have 1 player listed near them.

This makes the questioning completely random, as the roles and player numbers we given were random, so hopefully the odds will be in our favour meaning scum have less chance of questioning scum.

We can see where this leads us then somebody else can suggest the next method of investigation, so we don't have the same player leading the search, so we stand a much lesser chance of being lead around by the scum.

Agreed or anybody have any better ideas?

I like it, it provides a much better way of investigating everyone than a top 3 suspects and perhaps it can be switched up to two or even three above and below later as a way to may sure it is not mafia manipulated

1. Bristep

2. Ron Simmons

3. SMS

4. Triple A

5. Swiftstrike

6. Snake Plissken

7. Top Man Shopper

8. Carbomb

9. Chris B

10. Insert Name Here

I'll try to kick this off

Triple A - your random vote INH as the last person who hadn't posted and yet despite him posting nearly 24 hours ago have not unvoted him, is this a case of you feel this is the best place for your vote, you are leaving your vote on him as to placeholder your vote or something else?

Snake - with everyone voting did you expect with a random placing of votes that everyone would have one vote, as everyone would vote for someone without a vote or did you raise this as a point to create discussion whether to cover up a lack of questioning or start a line on some questioning?

Archived