The Terrible, Interminably Boring Mafia Game

Nexus

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Non gamer interrupts best move on, anyway I'm torn on one hand I don't like an early wagon on Ron on the other I agree with the point Chris B makes about having to hold back the one time when I was mafia but wagon overrides so.

UNVOTE RON

VOTE Bristep123

As TMS has a hunch and Hunches are cool.

He also had a hunch that I was scum in the last game. Just to warn you!

• Paid Members
Non gamer interrupts best move on, anyway I'm torn on one hand I don't like an early wagon on Ron on the other I agree with the point Chris B makes about having to hold back the one time when I was mafia but wagon overrides so.

UNVOTE RON

VOTE Bristep123

As TMS has a hunch and Hunches are cool.

He also had a hunch that I was scum in the last game. Just to warn you!

But be fair (to flair, rumble reference) you where the one who killed him off so he was half right.

---

SMS I don't think you can vote Martyngnr,

but for future reference Marty(anybody) please stay out of the gaming arena if you aren't playing, Neil did talk about punishments and we don't want to see these things over something trival.

• Paid Members
There seems to be a fair few going on the defensive from random votes here, telling?

It certainly wasn't in the last game.

The problem we have to avoid is letting scum slip under the radar in this game. We did that last game, and the reason was that we let ourselves get focussed on a small group of targets and pretty much ignored Lawz, Chris B, Carbomb etc. This time round we have to make sure EVERYONE gets investigated, and asked questions to try and pick up on inconsistencies and the like. Sometimes we may have to go on hunches. It's pretty much impossible to expose every scum member if they wind up playing blinders like in the last game.

So, to begin.

Could EVERY player list their top 3 suspects so far, and why? In some cases it may just be a genral hunch, in some cases you may not be sure. But go for it.

1. Carbomb - I don't know if it's inconceivable that he could play as scum two games in a row, but just as TMS has a hunch about bristep, I have a hunch about him based on what I've seen. I honestly couldn't put a finger on why as of yet, but something strikes me as not quite right.

2. Swiftstrike - Played the "I need more trust" card on the fourth page, claiming we ignored advice that could have won us the game last time, when actually he wound up being ignored based on a misguided case against bristep.

3. Snake Plissken - He's been unusually quiet so far. Maybe there's a reason for that?

• Paid Members
Not entirely true, Ron, as the focus on Nexus made him slip up.

That's true, but every other scum member went undetected.

Even if they hadn't we still need to make sure nobody slips by without getting investigated. It'd be daft to let that happen. Are you trying to suggest casting the net wide is a bad thing?

Since you suggested putting pressure on me as it "gets me talking" (I'm not scum, and at this early stage you had no reason to think I was - so if that's the case how does "getting someone to talk" benefit?) and now said this I have to re-assess my top 3 to put you in first place, drop swiftstrike off the list I think and go with:

1. Chris B

2. Carbomb

3. Snake Plissken

And who are your top 3 suspects?

unvote

Vote: Chris B

• Paid Members
1. Carbomb - I don't know if it's inconceivable that he could play as scum two games in a row, but just as TMS has a hunch about bristep, I have a hunch about him based on what I've seen. I honestly couldn't put a finger on why as of yet, but something strikes me as not quite right.

I know it's early days, so you've little to go on, and that's fair enough. However, for the record, there's really not much I can say to answer a hunch - it's all you. At present all I can really do is assert that I'm Town, which is pretty redundant.

At the moment, if I were to be hard-pressed to come up with suspects, there's only really one at the moment, and it's simply because of the "I need more trust" line - swiftstrike. Worth an outside look, but really hardly anything. We've just got to wait and see how the game progresses from here; I really hope we don't have to have another grandstand play though. It sped the game up a little, but I think it contributed to Town's game being a bit shoddy, quite frankly.

• Paid Members
The thing is though at this stage in the game it's tricky to even come up with one suspect never mind three. I don't just want to start listing people without any real reason so i'll leave it for now and come back to it.

It's difficult, but the way I see it is that it gets people thinking - including scum. Scum won't want to look scummy, so may unintentionally give away information in hindsight. I mean, it's not a lock in stone guarantee or anything, but if and when we lynch our first scum we may find what they wrote tells us something.

• Paid Members
I know it's early days, so you've little to go on, and that's fair enough. However, for the record, there's really not much I can say to answer a hunch - it's all you. At present all I can really do is assert that I'm Town, which is pretty redundant.

I've dropped you down on the list now. It's a hunch, and as I've said is based on absolutely nothing other than that. Nothing you've said, nothing you've done. Can't get more unfair than that, I know.

• Paid Members
Not entirely true, Ron, as the focus on Nexus made him slip up.

That's true, but every other scum member went undetected.

Yes, we did. However, you made out that there had been nothing gained from pressuring specific people, and that's untrue. As you've acknowledged.

Even if they hadn't we still need to make sure nobody slips by without getting investigated. It'd be daft to let that happen. Are you trying to suggest casting the net wide is a bad thing?

Want to explain where I inferred that?

Since you suggested putting pressure on me as it "gets me talking" (I'm not scum, and at this early stage you had no reason to think I was - so if that's the case how does "getting someone to talk" benefit?) and now said this I have to re-assess my top 3 to put you in first place, drop swiftstrike off the list I think and go with:

1. Chris B

2. Carbomb

3. Snake Plissken

And who are your top 3 suspects?

unvote

Vote: Chris B

OMGUS! OMGUS! OMGUS! OH NOES, NOW I MUST VOTE RON! Oh, I've already voted him.

Here's the benefit - it lets me, and others, get more of a feel as to whether you're scum or not, so we can go on something other than hunches. It allows for us to keep an eye on other people's reactions to you and see how they tie in as well. Finally, it gets us off RVS, which I don't find useful, and onto something useful.

Now, considering you've made misleading statements (with regards to the last game) and put words into my mouth using the 'well, if you agree with this, are you saying XXX?' argument, despite the fact that you acknowledged I was correct...

Do you want to explain why you did those things?

Archived