UKFF White Noise Award 2010

tiger_rick

Who posts the most and says the least?  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Problem with this place is too many cunts who think they are above it but keep posting.

Yup. This is the overriding reason why I barely visit any more. All forums have them, but it seems that on this site they're what pass for good posters now.

I don't know, people like Ian, waterboy, loki and yourself would be considered good posters I assume. I enjoy reading them any way and non really give off an air like that to me.

I enjoy a bit of conflict, it makes discussions more interesting and brings about more intense stance and defense of opinion. If a mix of attitudes and perspective make that happen then fair play. Thats not to say there aren't people who add nothing for nobody but they are in the minority I feel

I also enjoy a mix of people, I enjoy reading Butch's posts as much as yours but they not likely to be similar, and thats the beauty of it.

Edited by Tommy!

• Moderators
Seriously though, I'm not sure what you mean by 'message board savvy'

Yeah, I should have made that more clear.

I used to be really intimidated by forums. I'd lurk on them, but I wouldn't post because a lot of people on them were quite proper and serious. I'm not like that. Never have been. I like a laugh and a carry on. Always have. But forums were like serious fucking business. I don't know why, but they were like some intelligence contest, and I used to get that whiff lurking on here. Then a couple of years back it lightened up here, so I joined. Basically, some top posters joined/posted more and it became like a decent chat at a lock in rather than the aspergers version of a biggest dick competition. I have, and I imagine a fair few more, have got more involved/joined here since it's been like it has for the past couple of years because some good posters have made it a good fucking laugh. There's some top characters here now, who've really tied the room together.

Chest, I doubt you'll agree but that's what I reckon.

• Paid Members

Thats what I like about this forum. There's no set code of how you should go on. You can have a chat about the merits of Flairs reigns in the mid-80s in one thread and then laugh about Verne Gagne killing an 80 year old in the next one. It might not seem, like it sometimes, but there's some class posters on here, which makes these awards a bit of a unfair thing when someone gets it in the neck. I think Butch is definitely being miscast here, because he geniunly enjoys his wrestling and knows his stuff. He's certainly not a gimmick, because most of what he puts in the on-topic forum has foundation and knowledge to it. Plenty of posters on here are like that, and enjoy a bit of a laugh with it. I wouldnt come on here if I didnt enjoy some of the lads on here, and their mental and spot on opinions. I totally get what Butch means about forum savy, as well. I remember when I first came on here, I was the biggest cock on here. Dillkid-esque miserable cunt I was. Someone was slagging off Hogans title reign (look at my joined date: three days after Hogan won the belt) and I literally only came on to call all of this lot a bunch of cunts. I couldnt be arsed to get stuck into getting to know the UKFF and debating how successful Hogan could be to the company in a minor role. Instead I'd just pick out someone like Kenny McBride or Linus and just go "oh, fuck off you spacker, what do you know?". Sometimes forums are snappy places and you'd much rather get on with how comfortable you are posting in your style. We cant all be TheBigBoot :(

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members

It's great having a mix of posters with different tastes and different styles. That's what I love about this place. Some people fall into the trap of trying too hard to post to their style though. For a couple of months last year, I thought Peter Kay had hacked Butch's account. "Anyone remember Arachnaman? He were great. Chamber of Horrors. I've seen it. It's the future." In fairness, Butch brings plenty of good stuff to the board when he's not trying too fucking hard (or pissed).

My only other issue is people who think their opinion is superior. No-one's opinion is superior. We're all nerds and if any of us were really successful at life, we wouldn't spend so much time posting on here. So just cut the over-bearing shite out.

My only other issue is people who think their opinion is superior. No-one's opinion is superior. We're all nerds and if any of us were really successful at life, we wouldn't spend so much time posting on here. So just cut the over-bearing shite out.

You mean like if someone's opinion differs from yours on, say, Bret Hart's promo skills? You're as guilty of that as anyone else, you know you are.

And that's fine, as long as you can take it as well as give it, and take some barracking with good grace and humour. There are plenty of people on here who I quite often disagree with - Ian, Pity, Nev, David and the like. But they can engage in the give and take without pissing their knickers, and a fair few times I've been persuaded round by them. Honest and frank exchange of views. That's why I disliked Supremo so much, he was absolutely incapable of engaging in a two-way argument and incapable of seeing when he'd lost the case. It must made him boring.

Butch is right - when you're down the pub with your mates, you can get in some right humdingers, but you're still mates at the end of it. Because, well, it doesn't matter that much, does it?

• Paid Members
You mean like if someone's opinion differs from yours on, say, Bret Hart's promo skills? You're as guilty of that as anyone else, you know you are.

That was a retort to Pity's silly line about John Morrison. Perhaps reading the thread would help in future? I don't do anything except express my opinion enthusiastically.

And that's fine, as long as you can take it as well as give it, and take some barracking with good grace and humour.

I hope that's not aimed at me. I think I've had a "row" with just about everyone on here over the years and yet I still engage the same with every one.

That was a retort to Pity's silly line about John Morrison. Perhaps reading the thread would help in future? I don't do anything except express my opinion enthusiastically.

And that's fine, as long as you can take it as well as give it, and take some barracking with good grace and humour.

I hope that's not aimed at me. I think I've had a "row" with just about everyone on here over the years and yet I still engage the same with every one.

If I missed a reference there, I apologise. Actually though, reading back, the John Morrison thing was funny, whereas you basically said "you know nothing about wrestling", which is a bit overbearing IMO ;)

The point is though, that we all do it to some extent, so pointless to suggest it's a bugbear of yours when you're as guilty as anyone else.

• Paid Members
The point is though, that we all do it to some extent, so pointless to suggest it's a bugbear of yours when you're as guilty as anyone else.

I'm not though. I don't start silly pretentious threads. I don't run off to bitch about people every 5 seconds in the hidden forum. I don't bully "mongs". I don't ever claim to be superior to anyone. I'm not particularly fussed if you think otherwise, I won't bore everyone with this any longer. Not that there's any point getting into a heated debate with you about it, you'll run away like you always used to do with Supremo :p .

Fine, you're a faultless angel, and everyone else is flawed. :rolleyes: Your lack of self-awareness, and inability to self-deprecate, is saddening.

I'm off to find an argument to run away from with a poster who hasn't taken his ball and gone home.

• Paid Members

Loki and Sev and I'd like to think myself too have taken accusations of being pretentious cunts on the chin and in good humour (pCc 4 life), so I don't see why Rick is unable to take accusations of being a pompous twat the same way.

Loki and Sev and I'd like to think myself too have taken accusations of being pretentious cunts on the chin and in good humour (pCc 4 life), so I don't see why Rick is unable to take accusations of being a pompous twat the same way.

That a dig at me?

Why?