Frankie Boyle...

The Miz

but Bill Hicks was the same in his act,

:confused: Looses a little faith in humanity :confused:

I find Frankie Boyle like those shit unfunny depictions of mohammed a few years ago. Yeah, they shouldn't be censored, but they are not fucking funny. It's a common problem if you are anti censorship. You end up having to defend peoples right to say unfunny, uninspired shite.

Will the daily mail stir up some anger about it, yes. However don't let that distract you from the fact that he is a lazy twat. He should never be compared to Chris Morris, Charlie Brooker or Bill Hicks. They may shock in their acts but it is not the sole purpose of their acts.

Personally I don't find his material too shocking, he usually preaches to the converted an audience of people that think throwing the words Paedo and retard into his act makes him cutting edge. If you took swearing and faux offensiveness away, he would have nothing in his act at all. I think the comparisons to Roy Chubby Brown are apt.

He picks really easy targets as well. Satirizing Jordans actions?! Wow another zinger from Frankie, that really needed doing. I don't think all comedy should have a point, I do think all comedy should be funny though...

To quote Bill Hicks, 'Piece of shit, look away...'

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think all comedy should have a point, I do think all comedy should be funny though..

A lot of people find him funny. Sorted then.

That's a little trite. By that logic more people don't find him him funny than do. Therefore he's not funny.

'Sorted then' you patronizing cunt.

Come off it, div. You deserved to be patronised because you were being such a patronising cunt yourself, and I was happy to do it.

If enough people find you funny for you to make a huge living as a stand-up comedian, then anyone who says that you're absolutely not funny is a dickhead. I don't find Michael McIntyre funny, nor Sean Lock or plenty of other popular comedians, but clearly enough people do find them funny to keep them wedged up for telling jokes. Their comedy just isn't my thing. That doesn't mean I think Live at the Apollo uses a CGI audience and canned laughter track on every act I don't like.

• Paid Members
I don't think all comedy should have a point, I do think all comedy should be funny though..

A lot of people find him funny. Sorted then.

That's a little trite. By that logic more people don't find him him funny than do. Therefore he's not funny.

'Sorted then' you patronizing cunt.

Come off it, div. You deserved to be patronised because you were being such a patronising cunt yourself, and I was happy to do it.

If enough people find you funny for you to make a huge living as a stand-up comedian, then anyone who says that you're absolutely not funny is a dickhead. I don't find Michael McIntyre funny, nor Sean Lock or plenty of other popular comedians, but clearly enough people do find them funny to keep them wedged up for telling jokes. Their comedy just isn't my thing. That doesn't mean I think Live at the Apollo uses a CGI audience and canned laughter track on every act I don't like.

Merry Christmas

If enough people find you funny for you to make a huge living as a stand-up comedian, then anyone who says that you're absolutely not funny is a dickhead.

I don't think that's true. Simply some stuff is marketed at/suited for, young people or idiots. Roy Chubby Brown makes a good living from comedy but not many intelligent people think he's funny. Carrot top is horrible and unfunny, but he made a load of money as a comedian. Frankie Boyle is for teenagers and idiots. I don't know which one of these you are.

Ive just started to watch it fully (meaning not sit watch fully instead of the fucking misses calling me every few minutes for pointless shit). The Knight Rider skit I found to be piss funny.

Also his views on religion was just invented by mad men as someone seriously non religious "Lets listen to a bush". Good stuff.

Its not for everyone the series is over I didnt find it that bad really. Watch it or dont your choice.

He's an unfunny boring twat who constantly pokes fun at people for cheap laughs.

I know sick jokes aren't everyones' cup of liquidised dead baby, but they're good if they're funny.

Boyle is uncomically blunt when telling jokes, which any scottish bloke with a ginger beard could do.

Archived