Frankie Boyle...

The Miz

• Paid Members
What was the point to the Harvey joke?

I'm asking as someone who loathes and detests Jordan, but if there was a point to that gag, what was it?

Harvey is physically and mentally handicapped as well as being incredibly large for his age, when he becomes a teenager and starts trying to fuck anything that moves Jordan will need someone bigger and stronger around the house (like a cage fighter) to restrain Harvey if he tries to rape his mother.

It's not watertight as far as jokes go but the punchline involves Jordan being raped by her crosseyed potato child, so I like it.

I didn't ask for the joke to be explained. I asked what 'the point' of the joke was. Because it seems to be about making a joke at the expense of a disabled kid for absolutely no reason. Jordan may deserve it - her kid doesn't, and most comedians get that.

Anyone can point and laugh at a disabled kid. What's the point that Frankie Boyle is making by doing so?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I asked what 'the point' of the joke was.

Why does a joke have to have 'a point'? He made the statement & got a laugh (a huge laugh at the Manchester Apollo). The fact that this gag was supposedly really offensive yet Price can exploit her disabled son, slapping him on the cover of every magazine on the supermarket checkout for nothing but cash & sympathy.

I know which I find more offensive

• Paid Members
Surely Tramadol must have a bit of a buzz to it.

It does, it's an opiate based drug.

Hate to be a pedant but it's an opiod based drug. It's man made. It doesn't come from a poppy plant.

If you want good pain-relief and you're not looking for a buzz, 30mg Co-Codamol is the way to go.

If you want good pain-relief and you're not looking for a buzz, 30mg Co-Codamol is the way to go.

Well, you say that but , its recommended for longer term pain relief ( as explained by 2 separate pain clinic nurses, a pharmacist and a paramedic) you take the paracetamol and codeine separately because f you have paracetamol you can always add Codiene and Ibropufen to it if needs be ie the pain isnt relieved by one

If you have cocodamol then that's pretty much your whole kit and caboodle.. As you arent targetting the pain properly you are also exposing your body to unnecessary pain killers that in the case of codeine based instances can lead to addiction/dependency or reduced effeciency dependent on exposure

Fwiw tramadol is shite an all

Anyone can point and laugh at a disabled kid. What's the point that Frankie Boyle is making by doing so?

He's exposing the hypocrisy of people who are happy to laugh at jokes as long as their personal taboo subject isn't the butt of it. Or he's just making people laugh with a bad taste gag about a celebrity and the mutant baby she whores out.

A comedian has no real obligation other than making some people laugh. Maybe anyone can make those jokes, but there's no evidence supporting that. It's easy to deride a kind of comedy/music/drama/whatever that doesn't entertain you personally as "anyone can do that" (I'm sure I've said it about Michael McIntyre) but if that were truly the case, why are the people that do do it living in bigger houses than most of us?

My biggest complaint isn't the content of his humour, it's that once you've seen one Frankie Boyle show you've pretty much seen them all. A lot of his stuff is continually recycled which makes him fairly unoriginal and dull.

• Paid Members
I asked what 'the point' of the joke was.

Why does a joke have to have 'a point'?

I didn't put forward the argument that it does. I responded to this:

His stand up bits on Tramadol are the best bits. And tbh his use of the words were not meant to be 'offensive' they made a point. Typical reactionary bollocks.

The Madeline McCann joke was a thing of beauty though, and quite clever if you think about it

I'm asking as someone who loathes and detests Jordan, but if there was a point to that gag, what was it?

He made the statement & got a laugh (a huge laugh at the Manchester Apollo). The fact that this gag was supposedly really offensive yet Price can exploit her disabled son, slapping him on the cover of every magazine on the supermarket checkout for nothing but cash & sympathy.

I know which I find more offensive

So, it doesn't have to have a point, but you're arguing that there was a point?

I find Jordan's whoring out of her son disgraceful, but part of the reason I find it disgraceful is the idea that she's exploiting her son. However, at this point, so is Frankie Boyle.

• Paid Members

He's exposing the hypocrisy of people who are happy to laugh at jokes as long as their personal taboo subject isn't the butt of it. Or he's just making people laugh with a bad taste gag about a celebrity and the mutant baby she whores out.

You may not agree with what they find taboo, but can you explain why it's hypocritical?

Harvey is physically and mentally handicapped as well as being incredibly large for his age, when he becomes a teenager and starts trying to fuck anything that moves Jordan will need someone bigger and stronger around the house (like a cage fighter) to restrain Harvey if he tries to rape his mother.

It's not watertight as far as jokes go but the punchline involves Jordan being raped by her crosseyed potato child, so I like it.

I didn't ask for the joke to be explained. I asked what 'the point' of the joke was. Because it seems to be about making a joke at the expense of a disabled kid for absolutely no reason. Jordan may deserve it - her kid doesn't, and most comedians get that.

during her countless reality shows, she lets harvey feel her tits and thats why frankie made the joke.

You may not agree with what they find taboo, but can you explain why it's hypocritical?

Because (unless they're totally humourless tossers, which is very unlikely and would negate their foray into discussing comedy) they inevitably find something funny that could offend some other thin-skinned twerp.

during her countless reality shows, she lets harvey feel her tits and thats why frankie made the joke.

Is that true? That's brilliant if so.

My biggest complaint isn't the content of his humour, it's that once you've seen one Frankie Boyle show you've pretty much seen them all. A lot of his stuff is continually recycled which makes him fairly unoriginal and dull.

I'd agree with this, to a large extent. I'm sure most of the stand-up content of Tramadol Nights is lifted from his last tour/current DVD.

• Paid Members

Because (unless they're totally humourless tossers, which is very unlikely and would negate their foray into discussing comedy) they inevitably find something funny that could offend some other thin-skinned twerp.

Having a different opinion of what is offensive to other people isn't hypocritical. It may be a slight double standard that they complain when they're offended, but ignore when other people are offended, but it's not hypocritical unless they're going against their own standards or beliefs.

• Paid Members
TBH Frankie Boyle is the 21st century Chubby Brown if you think someone being very racist and saying the c word in every word is funny then its not my boat.

I used to find Chubby Brown hilarious in my youth. "UFO" was a great film, IMO, but now when I go back over his stuff, I find it absolutely appalling. Not funny at all.

• Paid Members
TBH Frankie Boyle is the 21st century Chubby Brown if you think someone being very racist and saying the c word in every word is funny then its not my boat.

I used to find Chubby Brown hilarious in my youth. "UFO" was a great film, IMO, but now when I go back over his stuff, I find it absolutely appalling. Not funny at all.

I'm the opposite. I still find a good portion of his stand up funny, but UFO is shite. In fairness, it was shite at the time.

Tramadol Nights. I quite like the standup but the sketches are atrocious, jokes about rape, violence, the scatological and paedophilia are all very well and good but nobody needs to see these topics acted out by embarassed actors on tasteless and pointless cutaway sketches. It's like putting a laughter track over a snuff film.

that bit in bold made me laugh out loud , soimehing I rarely do when sat alone.

go drinking in any pub in the west of scotland and you will meet 10 frankie boyles an hour. its a working class rough humour that you have to know someone to understand and laugh with. id not etll my mum the harvey joke, but id easily tell it to most of my mates. personally feel the store woudl be a lot better if teh sketches were a/edited shorter or b/split with stand up gags between. they are too long, mostly unfunny and drag out

Archived