The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

1 hour ago, Weezenal said:

Separately Apple TV is a great piece of kit, best steamer out there. It’s quite expensive compared to Chromecast and Firesticks but I guess you get what you pay for.

What would you say the benefits are? I was thinking of buying a new Firestick in the upcoming Amazon sale but I think my TV provider is offering an Apple TV alternative recently.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

What would you say the benefits are? I was thinking of buying a new Firestick in the upcoming Amazon sale but I think my TV provider is offering an Apple TV alternative recently.

Super quick as probably over spaced, slick and clean interface, no adverts on the menus, version I have had Ethernet so you can hardwire it, works well with iPhone and iPad so can easily use airplay (I always had issue with casting to my chromecast). It’s probably my favourite Apple product.

The ‘Up Next’ feature works really well too with all your apps. We got rid of Sky because of how good it was.

Edited by Weezenal
UP NEXT

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Weezenal said:

I know it was mentioned for iPhone and iPad but RetroArch is also available on Apple TV. We’ve connected our Xbox controls and my wife and daughter been playing World of Illusion. 

Separately Apple TV is a great piece of kit, best steamer out there. It’s quite expensive compared to Chromecast and Firesticks but I guess you get what you pay for.

How do you get your games on the Apple TV? I use retro arch on a pc and PS mini so never even considered this

• Paid Members

Thay have some of the Arcade 1up machines in our local Geek Retreat now. I spent far too much time playing Street Fighter 2' Champion Edition at the last Autistic social group gathering the other week.

So back from Sundays London Gaming Market and I'm quite happy with what I managed to get despite being on fairly limited budget

The new system of entry which was a bit of a disaster at the previous event seems to have had its flaws ironed out and upon arriving at bang on 10.30 am I joined a huge line but was in the venue by 10.40 so we'll done to the event team. 

Now I'm not sure if it seemed less busy due to the new time slot system but it was much easier to move around on the day and thus made it easier to look for games etc. 

I doubt the sellers suffered as people were still making big purchases during the 3 hours I stayed 

I saw many a Grail bought that day

I've been to the last 3 now and it's now at the stage I know who will be where so that's easy to navigate to a particular stall if need be

Downside however is alot of these stalls were selling the exact same items as they always have 

I'm tempted to miss the November one as familiaty can breed contempt 

One guy was selling PS1, Megadrives and Master Systems for 25 quid a pop with 1 pad and all leads (actually the PS1s were 20)

I was tempted but thought better of it as I emulate those machines and I'm trying to avoid another collecting rabbithole

I've definitely made my choice of stalls I like shopping with by this stage and have began building a relationship with these sellers by purchasing from them more often than not

Finally, it's gotta be said some stall holders are legit piss takers and we're seller some games at a stupidly inflated price

When your calling a 4 pound game for 18 quid and you can't quite understand why your not busy, I question why your in this game

Anyway here's my vlog

So I finally got my hands on the AVGN 1 & 2 Deluxe edition for the Switch via limited runs blow out sale 

Despite owning this digitally on my PS4 I wanted a physical copy and I was pleased with paying just 35 pound

I'm gonna do a full play through of the first game and will be doing a video per level

And I still hate the death blocks!!!! 

3 hours ago, Jazzy G said:

Thay have some of the Arcade 1up machines in our local Geek Retreat now. I spent far too much time playing Street Fighter 2' Champion Edition at the last Autistic social group gathering the other week.

The controls will be broken within a month, enjoy them while you can!