The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

Yeah. Sega haven't really tapped that market. They did set up the Sega racing studio for a while. Unfortunately they didn't really hit their stride before being shut down and absorbed by Codemasters.

• Paid Members

Am I the only one wanting Outrun 3? I love Outrun 2 so much, but it’s been 20 years or so now since it’s oh release and I’d love an update. And I know Sega still make decent arcade games, their Mission Impossible shooter was great fun.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, BigJag said:

That looks amazing! Where in the UK can it be played?

I played it Southend, but the cabinet disappeared after a few months (they had the biggest version). My friend in Brighton said he played it near Hove last year. No idea why it’s so rare in the UK.

this is the big one, the regular looks more like a traditional up right 2 player shooter 

IMG_3523.webp
@Devon Malcolmits not based on the film, but I feel you should be aware of its existence 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BigJag said:

It is, it’s probably why it didn’t last long because it probably took the place of 2-3 machines, although as you can see in my picture, it’s basically back to back 2 player  games (I don’t think they were linked, could be wrong it was a couple of years ago).

• Paid Members

Nice one, thanks for that. I’m now off to bed early to play Sensible World of Soccer on the Steam Deck.

• Paid Members
On 6/20/2024 at 12:14 PM, Merzbow said:

I'd love to see a Sega Arcade Racer collection or something, we know they can be emulated well by looking at Yakuza/Judgment etc.

It'd be interesting. They could have Outrun, Super Hang-On, Virtua Racing, Daytona USA, and Sega Rally Maybe pop Scud Racer or Manx TT in there as well?

• Paid Members

I can't do those 8 red coins in the sky near the end of Mario 64. That level is my The Banyan Tree. Fuck it, 119 stars will do.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I can't do those 8 red coins in the sky near the end of Mario 64. That level is my The Banyan Tree. Fuck it, 119 stars will do.

That's usually where I give up too (that level, not that many stars, I think my N64 file is on about 80). In all these years I still can't figure out the flying momentum or mechanics, I just dip up and down until I run out of speed and fall to my death.