The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

Picked up an N64 with Mario 64 Mariokart and Goldeneye for 12 quid today..well chuffed

Best Wrestling games to buy?

and any other kind of games tbh

People say WWF No Mercy is the best one, but that's bollocks because the reversal system is completely broken.

I have the original UK version of No Mercy that likes to auto delete all the save data for unknown reasons, that's possibly it's biggest downfall especially if you're trying to unlock everything.

Got this beauty in the post today as a late Christmas gift http://i.imgur.com/wv84FDl.jpg this is the first time I've actually owned a SNES as I was a Sega fanboy growing up in the 90's... Good old bitwars. 16 bit Sonic games are still far superior to any Mario game though :p

I have the original UK version of No Mercy that likes to auto delete all the save data for unknown reasons, that's possibly it's biggest downfall especially if you're trying to unlock everything.

There's another version of No Mercy that doesn't auto delete everything, the only problem is buying it online is a little hit and miss as you need to see the serial number on the front of the cartridge. Somewhere on the front it should have in white letters: EU- or something like that. If there is a (1) next to that, you have the glitch free version.

• Paid Members
Picked up an N64 with Mario 64 Mariokart and Goldeneye for 12 quid today..well chuffed

Best Wrestling games to buy?

and any other kind of games tbh

People say WWF No Mercy is the best one, but that's bollocks because the reversal system is completely broken.

I remember buying No Mercy within a few months of its release and my cart had no issues with autosave at all. It had blood in it too, which I think later versions omitted.

Never thought there was an issue with the reversal system either... for it's time it was fantastic.

Who was it that dropped that gem? Was it that fiddler with the pink vest?

I've got two copy's of No Mercy for some reason, one has blood and the other doesn't. It seems a shame that they dropped the blood. Was there a reason behind it?

It's been a while since I played it but didn't they also keep the first blood match, and they just tap thier head as some one screams?

I've got two copy's of No Mercy for some reason, one has blood and the other doesn't. It seems a shame that they dropped the blood. Was there a reason behind it?

It's been a while since I played it but didn't they also keep the first blood match, and they just tap thier head as some one screams?

I believe that, because of the aforementioned glitchy version of No Mercy, the fix was to sell the German version of the game to us which doesn't have blood because of their laws on blood and gore in video games. But yeah they kept the first blood match in which was pretty silly =p

• Paid Members
Didnt the WCW games have a load of feds from japan under different names in them?

Sort of, but not really. They had completely fictional characters, but they shared the arsenals of some of the stars from Japan. Since there was no option in the game to change the way the characters looked (other than their attire), to get any real enjoyment from this particular feature required a massive amount of imagination.

Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members

Too bad if you do.

I take it you keep your eye on hotukdeals.com, Surf? I saw that posted there earlier and it had sold out by the time I went to buy it. Awesome deal too, because you can stick SD cards in those things and play tonnes of games. I've got one of the handheld ones but the D-pad on it is a bit shit.

Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members

My girlfriend's on there, and she's still in touch with a lot of the arcade people. I managed to get one, but I'm not enamoured with the game choice or the controller design.

I'll probably have a fiddle and then give it to my nephews or something.

• 4 weeks later...