The moment you thought about quitting wrestling

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't rotten luck as such - the show was taped before the incident but because they didn't bother editing it out of the UK version they got into a lot of shit from people that matter. That's how I remember it anyway.

Are you sure? I thought it was edited out of the UK version.

I don't think it was edited out of the first showing but was edited out on the repeats.

Wasn't rotten luck as such - the show was taped before the incident but because they didn't bother editing it out of the UK version they got into a lot of shit from people that matter. That's how I remember it anyway.

Are you sure? I thought it was edited out of the UK version.

Aye maybe it was actually. I just remember something to do with the UK version being brought up in the whole situation. Maybe they were going to keep it in but didn't. SmackDown is chopped up quite often for stuff a lot less troublesome than that usually anyway isn't it?

WrestleMania_XXV_-_Triple_H_vs_Orton_2.jpg

Just summed up exactly why the WWE had been so frustrating for the previous several years. Liberal portions of repetitive shit served up over long boring months, but every so often the occasional chink of light in a promising storyline or character that gave you the slightest bit of hope this might finally be the thing that catapults them back to the glory days. Of course, they'd inevitably turn to shit sooner rather than later and leave you feeling like a mug for watching in the first place.

The Orton push/burial of early 2009 typified this trend better than any other single thing I can think of. A character and angle that really did have that feel of Austin in early 97 all over it, thrown away because of the insistence that every big PPV these days has to have a 'happy ending', regardless of whether it actually makes the fans happy or not (regardez the blank faces in the picture). It's ironic that the man who proved a heel can go over at Wrestlemania and still make the company shitloads of money in the aftermath refused to acknowledge that by putting over the most promising heel to come along since him nearly a full decade later.

The Orton push/burial of early 2009 typified this trend better than any other single thing I can think of. A character and angle that really did have that feel of Austin in early 97 all over it, thrown away because of the insistence that every big PPV these days has to have a 'happy ending', regardless of whether it actually makes the fans happy or not (regardez the blank faces in the picture). It's ironic that the man who proved a heel can go over at Wrestlemania and still make the company shitloads of money in the aftermath refused to acknowledge that by putting over the most promising heel to come along since him nearly a full decade later.

Do you seriously think that the problem with that match was the result?

Oh, it was a shit match, but yeah, in the context of this thread the result is all that matters. Austin/Michaels at Wrestlemania 14 was pretty shit considering the hype, but all that anyone remembers is the cool ending, Tyson twatting Michaels and Austin getting the torch passed to him.

• Paid Members

Oh, it was a shit match, but yeah, in the context of this thread the result is all that matters.

I wouldn't agree with that. I fully expected HHH to win, but I expected Orton to be getting an almoght shit kicking as retribution for his recent actions. The match just pissed away everything they'd built up and left WrestleMania going out on a slightly dull, disappointing note.

• Paid Members
Im not going to post it but that brings HORRIBLE memories of the Royal Rumble 2000 bikini content if anyone can remember that, she was teh fecking reason PPV's were delayed by 50 minutes in the UK in 2000

When I met Foley at an autograph thing I got him to sign the RR 2000. The conversation quickly turned to Mae's tits, by his hand oddly, and he seemed quite surprised when I said it caused a bit of a fuss for C4. They were fake too, so he said.

Having watched a lot of indy sleeze over the years, I was not prepared for the this one. It should have been taken as a hillarious experience, but something inside of me just died watching this match between Kota Ibushi and Yoshihiko from last year......

29ekgi.gif

--PUNQ--

Having watched a lot of indy sleeze over the years, I was not prepared for the this one. It should have been taken as a hillarious experience, but something inside of me just died watching this match between Kota Ibushi and Yoshihiko from last year......

29ekgi.gif

--PUNQ--

That is awfull... I can see where you're coming from..

during hardy vs hardy match at mania, matt with two tee's hit his head off the steps, thought nothing of it untill a doctor ran out and quickly stoped the flow of blood, then a tiny gash on cena which a doctor ran out and cleaned him up, then orton then punk........when this happenes during fantastic match like punk vs rey that kills the flow of the match.

nwa wcw early 90's was u/pg ffs and flair was bleeding like there was no tomorrow.

fdgdfg.jpg

Edited by buba3d