Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I notice the Ted DiBiase set seems to have been dropped. I thought that was the reason they acquired the Mid-South tapes. Makes me sad.

The Best of In Your House 04/30/13

After Jeff Jarrett vs Shawn Michaels, I struggle. I wonder what on Earth they would put on that set. I imagine a one-disc-er.

Bret vs Hakushi, Bret vs Bulldog, Bret vs Austin vs Vader vs Undertaker, Undertaker vs Mankind, Shawn vs Mankind... most of the undercard stuff is pretty good too.

Bulldog Vs HBK, Owen Hart Vs HBK, HBK vs Undertaker, Team Canada Vs Team USA (Canadian Stampede), Goldust Vs Undertaker (Casket Match), HBK/Diesel VS Owen Hart/Yokozuna. All good Matches.

Then you also have a few fun matches that would be good to see on there such as HHH Vs Godwinn in the pig pen match. Obviously not a classic, but good to see HHH doing stuff like this when he was starting out.

The MITB Anthology is interesting. Are they OK putting Benoit on the DVDs now then? Seems like they have to put the first one on the DVD. It would make no sense otherwise.

He's been on a few DVD's to date. The original Nitro set had his entrance to the Four Horsemen / Flair 1998 reunion, as well as Arn Anderson gushing over him in the ring. He was also in a tag ladder match with Jericho on the Best of Smackdown comp.

I notice the Ted DiBiase set seems to have been dropped. I thought that was the reason they acquired the Mid-South tapes. Makes me sad.

After Jeff Jarrett vs Shawn Michaels, I struggle. I wonder what on Earth they would put on that set. I imagine a one-disc-er.

Bret vs Hakushi, Bret vs Bulldog, Bret vs Austin vs Vader vs Undertaker, Undertaker vs Mankind, Shawn vs Mankind... most of the undercard stuff is pretty good too.

Wasn't the last In Your House Backlash 99, I would assume the Last Man Standing or Cage Match at St Valentines may be on there and some from that era also

The Triple H set is good timing, October 2013, which gives them plenty of time to include this year's Mania, where he'll surely call it a day. A 3 disc set will do nicely, hopefully it doesn't gloss over anything, his evolution over the years has really been unrivaled, who could have imagined that the blue blood snob would become one of the most legendary badasses in the history of the WWE? Should be a fantastic set.

I'm also looking forward to the Goldberg set. It'd be great if WWE take it seriously and don't opt for a Warrior burial job- just because of the petty "WCW creation" attitude. Question for anyone who has seen the newest nWo DVD... was it given the proper respect?

• Paid Members
Question for anyone who has seen the newest nWo DVD... was it given the proper respect?

Mostly. They use old interview footage from Scott Hall from Back In Black and Bischoff from the Confidential interviews in 2003 (as featured on the Monday Night Wars disc) but there are up to date sit-downs with Nash and Kid, Show and Jericho who were there at the time chime in, so it's mostly a good watch. Cody is strangely relevant too what with his dad being involved in some of the booking at the time. Miz isn't though, he just garbles on like anyone who was a fan at the time could. If you've seen all the Nitros from that era you won't learn anything new, but it's very enjoyable. The only slight bit that makes pedants like me go "ngggh!" is in the opening few minutes the narrator suggests Ted Turner bought "the NWA" and renamed it WcW. That's not really true now, is it? But yeah, only I care about that.

• Paid Members

Wasn't the last In Your House Backlash 99, I would assume the Last Man Standing or Cage Match at St Valentines may be on there and some from that era also

Nobody seems to have mentioned the first Hell In A Cell??? Or is that unlikely since it's been featured on numerous other releases?

Others I'd consider (other than ones previously released on other comps) would be :

Shawn Michaels VS Owen Hart (IYH 6 Feb 96)

Ken Shamrock VS Vader (Cold Day In Hell)

Undertaker VS Vader (Canadian Stampede)

... Vader/Razor was good too although they won't put it on there, I don't think. They might go "misguided attempts at humour" and have the Hog Pen match though.

Archived