Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Me too man, he would've been incredible. Unsurprisingly I think Nic Cage could've done it justice at one point too.

Even as a kid I thought Nicholson was too old, fat and immobile but I appreciate him a bit more in my old age. Heath Ledger was ok, but way overrated and was ridiculously deified after he kicked the bucket. The Joker lives on and I'd love to see someone else have a crack at it.

• Paid Members
Me too man, he would've been incredible. Unsurprisingly I think Nic Cage could've done it justice at one point too.

Even as a kid I thought Nicholson was too old, fat and immobile but I appreciate him a bit more in my old age. Heath Ledger was ok, but way overrated and was ridiculously deified after he kicked the bucket. The Joker lives on and I'd love to see someone else have a crack at it.

it'd be a funny old world if we all thought alike...

Tim Curry as the Joker would be amazing, although I would never replace Nicholson in the original. Curry just has that smile that would fit really well. It may also be the IT link that makes him fit quite well.

240871-TimCurry-thumb-560x316.jpg

Imagine that in that Batcave!

• Awards Moderator
Tim Curry as the Joker would be amazing, although I would never replace Nicholson in the original. Curry just has that smile that would fit really well. It may also be the IT link that makes him fit quite well.

240871-TimCurry-thumb-560x316.jpg

Imagine that in that Batcave!

I read that Tim Curry did record some Joker for the Batman cartoon, but was replaced for being just too unhinged, and scary to kids.

• Paid Members
Brosnan would have made a good Bruce Wayne, I'm not so sure he'd have made a good Batman though. And I'm a big Brosnan fan. I kinda feel we never got to see him at his best really.

Like Kilmer really. Fantastic Bruce Wayne, but shit Batmang.

This is probably my favourite scene in any Batman movie, ever. Has no relevance to much, but my word, what a delivery:

• Paid Members

Couple of images from Days Of future past are doing the rounds

BPivtt4CAAIdK_4.png

Colossus had already been announced but heres the first look at him, along with Bishop (Hoping for Cable to make an apperance as well)

The sheer amount of characters announced for this is insane, and the screenplay has been written by the guy who did Xmen: Last stand. If Singer wasnt directing id put money on it all going to shit.

Also Total Film posted this pic from SDCC of what looks to be one of the Sentinel heads

BPeFmEnCIAAu28l.jpg

• Paid Members
If Singer wasnt directing id put money on it all going to shit.

Singer directing is a good reason it probably is going to shit -- nothing but garbage for the last decade.

Valkyrie had some beautiful shots in it and was decent enough and Jack the Giant Slayer was nothing amazing but it was fun enough for a family blockbuster. Superman Returns was shit though

• Awards Moderator
Couple of images from Days Of future past are doing the rounds

BPivtt4CAAIdK_4.png

Colossus had already been announced but heres the first look at him, along with Bishop (Hoping for Cable to make an apperance as well)

Is Bishop the character played by Omar Sy? He looks cool. Colossus is the same actor as the first trilogy, yes?

• Paid Members

Yep Colussus is played by the same guy as in X2 and Last Stand. Be nice to see him get a decent fight scene in this as he was always a favourite growing up. The only thing I can see this film leading to is an almighty mutant smackdown versus the sentinels would could be something amazing. There's also a pic of Hugh Jackman up looking very Old Man Logan.

And yep Omar Sy is Bishop. In the comics he s a time traveller so will probably be the link between the two separate casts