Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

Yeah, it's on Netflix.

Marvel present the idea that everything is connected and you get a better story if you watch all of them but it's largely rubbish. Tom Hiddleston said today that they "make it up as they go along" and really that's pretty obvious.

Jessica Jones is better than Daredevil though, so make sure you watch that as well.

Don't be silly.

Says the chap who wants a TV series named "Pennyworth: The Alfred Story"

Anyway, Jessica Jones is fantastic, and whilst being a bit slow, it really picks up momentum in the final few episodes. I enjoyed it more that Daredevil Season 1, but its a different type of show. Like a bit of "punchy-punchy" then Daredevil is for you. Like a bit of a "mysters/what is going on here?" type thing, then Jessica Jones is the one to beat.

• Paid Members

I'd say Luke Cage absolutely splits the poor lass in two every time he's jockeying her.
it's quite unnerving seeing them two share intimacy, to be frank.
I want to see a Jessica Jones episode where they talk about something that's probably the size of her, entering her. The aftermath of which shows her unable to walk, so she has to drag herself from the bed like a dog wiping it's bum, to the toilet so she can hover over the throne as she rids herself of his seed, the noise of which sounds akin to a panpipe being rinsed out.

I'd say Luke Cage absolutely splits the poor lass in two every time he's jockeying her.

I want to see a Jessica Jones episode where they talk about something that's probably the size of her, entering her. The aftermath of which shows her unable to walk, so she has to drag herself from the bed like a dog wiping it's bum, to the toilet so she can hover over the throne as she rids herself of his seed, the noise of which sounds akin to a panpipe being rinsed out.

:D

Scott Malbranque, Ladies and gentlemen.

Ha! You remind me of Brodie from Mallrats, whos always obsessed with Hero's and there sexual issues.

And I want having it was just "..Textbook Mabranque" . i enjoy your posts, the remarks about the Diva's always raise a smile hah. (Also, I totally agree with you about Sasha Banks.) 

• Paid Members

Jessica Jones is better than Daredevil though, so make sure you watch that as well.

Don't be silly.

Says the chap who wants a TV series named "Pennyworth: The Alfred Story"

What’s wrong with that?! And I didn’t say I wanted it because it would be the best thing ever, just that it would be… different. I can live the rest of my life not seeing Batman’s origin story on screen again, would love to see Alfred’s early life explored. It’s a story that I can’t think of off-hand that’s been told.

• Paid Members

I feel slightly better knowing that I'm not alone in having those thoughts.

I actually watched Jessica Jones with my wife, and I'm pretty certain, she was thinking the same. 

Edited by lambyUK

What’s wrong with that?! And I didn’t say I wanted it because it would be the best thing ever, just that it would be… different. I can live the rest of my life not seeing Batman’s origin story on screen again, would love to see Alfred’s early life explored. It’s a story that I can’t think of off-hand that’s been told.

Firstly, because it would have to be called something like "Pennyworth: Alfred on the loose" or other names equally as shite. Secondly because you don't need to know shit about Alfred.

Once you learn his ex special forces, that answers all of your questions. "well how come he knows..." because special forces. "....but what about the..." Special forces. Who really cares? In this day and age of origins for EVERYTHING, some things are best left to your imagination. The fact you can go "oh man Alfred must have been badass as 20 something army chap" is more than enough information, as you pretty much fill the gaps yourself, and it'd be 100% more entertaining that what actually gets made if that was ever something that would come out.

Its like when Sony planned an "Aunt May" movie. Somebody was like "well I wouldnt mind seeing that". No, you would mind, and are completely wrong. Same principal applies here, you think it'd be a good idea, but 4 season into "The Pennyworth files" and you'd wish you'd never asked about it.

• Paid Members

I finished watching season 2 of Agent Carter, I thought it was much better than the first series but there's definitely something lacking. I'm glad they got rid of Peggy's dual identity, that completely choked the first series, she's not a particularly likeable character to begin with so the last thing she needed was an even less appealing alter ego to juggle. At least this time she was free to just be herself as an agent. I was happy to see Ken Marino in it, he's great.