Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

Just seen this. Still not convinced about Apocalypse, and it looks like there's a helluva lot of new mutants to introduce. DOFP at least traded on the existing universe so it didn't really matter how huge the cast was. This one looks a bit too busy right now. Top marks to McAvoy though. Everyone bigs up the Fassbendery goodness, but I think James has been the real star of these prequels. His Professor X is clearly TERRIFIED of the new world, which has given the character a whole new dimension. That final shot isn't just a fanboy markout moment - it's an emotional payoff to the trilogy and, right now at least, the thing that's going to part me with my money.

• Paid Members

I'm not so worried about the size of the cast. They'll assume that the viewers - even the ones that have only seen the previous films, not read the comics - already know who Cyclops, Storm, Jean and Nightcrawler are, so they don't need to go full-blown "this is who they are and what they can do." Other than the eponymous villain, you've only really got Psylocke, Jubilee and Archangel (from the looks of things) that are completely new (since the time it's set makes Jubilee different from the one namechecked in X-Men 2 and likely Archangel different from the Warren Worthington in X-Men 3).

I think it will be fine considering (not including cameos like Toad and Ink) they had to get Quicksilver, Bishop, Sunspot, Warpath and Blink into Days as well as the existing characters from both the McAvoy/Fassbender/Lawrence/Hoult and Picard/Gandalf teams. True, Psylocke and Archangel (from the looks of things) will be more integral to the plot than Kitty's mates who amounted to little more than cannon fodder in the Sentinel bookends of the film, but I still think decent service will be given to the newbies. Or so I hope.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I think thats a promo for the CW hour long documentary The Dawn of the Justice League hosted by Kevin Smith that airs before Legends of Tomorrow.

I think thats a promo for the CW hour long documentary The Dawn of the Justice League hosted by Kevin Smith that airs before Legends of Tomorrow.

It is, but it also seems to give a first look at their version of Flash and Cyborg.

What a week it looks to be for both Marvel and DC on TV. Tonight Marvel are preceding the 2 hour premiere of Agent Carter season 2 with an hour long documentary celebrating 75 years of Captain America while DC have the second half of Flash season 2 starting, tomorrow the second half of Arrow season 4 starts then Thursday its the premiere of Legends of Tomorrow preceded by a Justice League documentary. 7 hours of comic book goodness over three nights

Yeah, it looks great. In fairness I was sold on the last trailer. I'm much more hyped for that, than Batman/Superman to be honest.

Not sure if people had seen as well: (Spoilers potentially I suppose)

On that DC special, it was announced that not only will Green Lantern be knocking about, but then entire corps will be as well, including Hal Jorden, Jon Stewart, Guy Gardener and Simon Baz. Presume Kyle Rayner would be in there as well?

• Paid Members

That looks absolutely, incredibly fun. I didn't think they could top the first trailer, but that actually did it.

Lot of absolute fucking idiots being negative emptying their bowels all over the place because Harley Quinn's accent isn't as strong as it "should be", though. Can't please them all.
But well played, Mr.Ayer. Between this and Deadpool, I'm pulling the stomach out of myself on a celluloid level.

Sorry HG sir, your link seems to be down. Here 'tis again:

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

They need to keep Croc in a 'less is more' type of role. As a character he's pretty much just the muscle. One or two good scenes of him rampaging through some canon fodder and being dumb is all he needs.

Is there any news on who they are actually fighting in the film?

Isn't more that they are brought in to "Capture/Contain" Enchantress, as opposed to her being the proper baddie in this? I always got the impression she's just discovering her powers, and its just all kicking off.....but like unwillingly if that makes sense.

As for Joker, I only presumed he'd be in Harley related flashbacks, showing how she became how she is.

Just speculation from the two trailers though on my part.