Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I also really hated the music in the Suicide Squad trailer, seemed like they just wanted to make an "epic trailer" but the music doesn't suit the tone at all.

Someone on my facebook said it would have been better with the Faith No More version of the song so i swapped them.

Faith no More makes everything better

I thought the tattoos did look daft when I first saw the photo of The Joker they released, purely down to it being so against any incarnation of what I had seen of the character before. At the end of everything it'll be judged on Leto's performance, which I'm sure will be a good one.

Can't say the same with regards to the hope of good acting from Jai fucking Courtney or Scott Eastwood, who had as much charisma as a breezeblock in what I saw him in recently

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Anyone got a link to the Apocalypse trailer? My mate put one on Facebook but when I got round to visiting the page, the video had been removed.

I don't get why it's such a big deal? Do the tattoos really change the characters that much that it's ruined for you?

No, it's certainly not ruined it for me, I just don't understand it.  You've got characters from who have been in comic form for years, and now someone has decided to make a movie and change things with them that don't necessarily make sense.  A slightly different visual with a costume is fine, but I don;t understand the concept of "Hey, I know.  Let's give them tattoos, that will make them more modern, and hey how about this, give Harley a tattoo on her face that says 'Rotten', and let's give the Joker one that says 'Deranged' too..."

What?!

Who suggested that theory?

In the BvS trailer when Robins suit is revealed the voice over said "20 years in Gotham how many good guys are left and stayed that way?"

I don't or haven't read comics but in one Batman universe i think Robin went a bit nuts because of the Joker. Could be off the mark with that though.

• Paid Members

What?!

In the BvS trailer when Robins suit is revealed the voice over said "20 years in Gotham how many good guys are left and stayed that way?"

I don't or haven't read comics but in one Batman universe i think Robin went a bit nuts because of the Joker. Could be off the mark with that though.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
The Joker killed Robin man, it's definitely not him

• Paid Members

What?!

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
The Joker killed Robin man, it's definitely not him

My last point was a bit off. It turns out Joker has killed a version of Robin not made them mental.

Only read if you REALLY don't mind having things spoiled.

Joker did kill Jason Todd, but there've been numerous storylines since where it turned out Todd was alive, and tortured by the Joker. This sent him insane, and he tried to get revenge on Batman for murdering him, and tried to take over Nightwing's role.

In another storyline where he tries to get revenge on Batman, he becomes the Arkham Knight, which is the basis of the new game.