Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

Luger was a decent draw in the late eighties. His house show run with Flair was more successful than any other run from that period, including the Flair/Sting. He probably could have been major star if WCW didn't continually fuck him.

Why did Ric have such a problem with dropping the belt to Luger?

Just got done watching Lugers time line. Its ok at best, he talks thought the year quite well but never really adds anything of note to the events. Alot of it is "vince thought it up"

Its ok but dont expect fireworks.

Pretty disappointing.

The whole thing was like a preview trailer for the interview itself. Everytime he answered a question he just conlcuded his reply pretty sharp & short and didn't expand on anything, bit of a cock tease really. Wasted opportunity.

• Paid Members
You can see why Luger and Sting are such great mates, both men seem like the nicest blokes in the World. I enjoyed it, although it's not one I'd ever re-watch.

That's contrary to a lot of the stuff i'd heard about Luger previously, being in it for the money and quite an aloof figure. He may have become more humble over time though.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

He's found God and has supposedly completely changed since then, he funny admits he could be a right arse back in the day and puts it down to ego and drugs etc etc, Raid posted a great interview with him recently in the old school thread?

I watched the JCP documentary last night and found it very enjoyable, it wasn't as good as Memphis Heat but iv'e widely read and watched things to do with JCP so it was always going to be retreading old ground. Was refreshing to hear Crockett Jr. pretty much accept responsbility for his own failings rather than do the traditional wrestling thing of trying to palm it off, was surprised at how much David Crockett clearly hates Dusty.

Jim Jr. said at the end that he hasn't watched an hours wrestling since he sold to Turner and apart from his advisory role there has had no further role in wrestling. Am I wrong or did he try to launch a few promotions after his Turner contract expired? One along with Heyman and another at the old Dallas Sportatorium if memory serves me right.

Heres what Jim's up to now http://www.remn.com/bio/jim-crockett/

Edited by Maverick

• 2 weeks later...
That might be good if he's not worried about burning bridges and if Feinstein isn't completely useless in questioning.

When has he ever been anything but useless? The impression I've got from every RF shoot is that he's never watched or had any interest in wrestling except for sniffing pants in ECW.

• Paid Members

I watched the one with Matt Striker today. Striker is a total weirdo, but a decent enough bloke. There's something false about him, even though you suspect he's telling the truth. If that makes sense. More of a patronizing arse, than a bloke who's looking to be a twat on purpose. I sort of felt sorry for him when they actually had him drive to the office to tell him he was being let go. That had to be them ripping the piss out of him, because everyone gets a phone call. It was an assistant recently hired who told him as well. Which Striker blames. A lot of people seem to blame someone else, as if it was Vince or Triple H who had final say on the matter.

Anyway, the interesting part for me was when he was using an example of hanging out with someone Triple H liked and hanging out with someone Triple H hated, to show he wasn't kissing anyones arse in who he knocked around with. William Regal was someone who he was friends with, who was on Triple H's team. And for someone who he was pals with who Triple H hated he mentioned Zack Ryder. And Striker is very politically clever in the shoot, in that he isn't burying anyone (since he's desperate to get rehired). He said it as if it was common knowledge that we all should know. He even said something like "here's Triple H, you might want to run down the corridor".

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Watched Russo's last RF shoot, man I want this son of bitch back in wrestling.... He's clearly an arrogant bastard, but at the core I think he knows how to create interesting TV. You can't disguard his contribution to the attitude ara, and his work on WCW at the main event level was quite cool in retrospect. I like him.

That might be good if he's not worried about burning bridges and if Feinstein isn't completely useless in questioning.

Good chance we'll get at least one Kayfabe Commentaries release with Bruce as well, he could do any of their series, Timeline, Guest Booker, YouShoot.

I'm sure i read that KC were doing a Guest Booker with him, could be wrong though.