Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

The ECW Timelines have all been pretty great so far, and as much of a mess Balls is thesedays he does still seem to be pretty sharp memory-wise whenever I see him in interviews, so I would have preferred a 1998 or 1999 Timeline from him rather than a Youshoot.

On that topic who does everyone think should be used to fill the ECW series? There aren't really many left and the options are quite limited in terms of guys being alive, being relevant to the time periods, or just being enough of a draw to bother doing them. Personally I'd go with (excluding guys who are contractually unavailable):

1994: Shane Douglas (already released)

1995: The Sandman (already released)

1996: Raven

1997: Sabu (already released)

1998: Justin Credible

1999: Jerry Lynn

2000/2001: Tommy Dreamer

Raven is the obvious choice for 1996 considering the whole promotion centred around him for most of the year. Although I've seen and heard enough Raven shoot interviews to last a lifetime this would be slightly different in format at least. I'd have gone for Taz in 98 had he been available but Credible was all over the shows in 98 and his push pretty much started in January of that year and built from there so he makes sense. And RVD would have been the obvious choice for 99 but failing that Lynn was around for the whole year and involved in a lot of major stuff. The only other person I could really think of for 99 was Lance Storm but I get the impression he kinda kept himself to himself most of the time so wouldn't really know much of what was happening with other guys.

• Paid Members

Don't think the KC guys like Raven, Sean Oliver has mentioned him being really difficult to work with when they did a Guest Booker mentioning his superiority complex and weird food demands. Think he annoyed him during the Saturn youshoot by landing in and telling them a load of things they were doing wrong too.

• Paid Members

Ok ive just come across in the ring with kevin nash.

Nash teaches indy monkeys how to work, if thats not funny enough its seems to be in a CZW ring and the host is mother fucking king of being hit with lightubes DJ Hyde!

This should be car crash good. I will give it a watch and then report back later

• Paid Members

The mid 30s, slightly balding, out of shape death match wrestling DJ Hyde asking what he has to do to get into WWE was funny, I felt.

Currently WWE developmental wrestler Sami Callihan was on there throughout asking questions and getting put over by Big Kev.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

So from what everyone has been saying then it will seem I will never see a Raven Youshoot :(

I have heard before though that Raven is meant to be really bad to work with shoot wise, there seems to be a list of compalints against him

as far as the years for the ecw timeline go though i would probably select the following:

1994: Shane Douglas

1995: The Sandman

1996: Tommy Dreamer

1997: Sabu

1998: Francine

1999: New Jack

2000/2001: Danny Doring (purely because of how much I enjoyed his Youshoot)

Some of the selections are not the best but the best choices are not availiable as already mentioned. I am more looking forward to the WCW timelines that are coming out.

Its a shame that they dont do territory timelines im sure for enough money they could get Kevin Von Erich and Jimmy Garvin to do ones for WCCW for example.

• Paid Members

Doring could do 99 and Dreamer 2000. For me, if you are doing a timeline on ECW, Dreamer should be the one to tell the story of its final 12/13 months. He was the one in the trenches trying to keep the actual promotion alive when Heyman was away negotiating and trying to keep its business alive. Heyman wasn't even there for a lot of the shows late on, but Dreamer was always there. And Doring had just broke in in 99 and was a background player, so he'll have seen all sorts I imagine. And he isn't a drugged up mess, so his memory should be decent. Even though Raven is an absolute spanner, I think sense should prevail and they will get him for one of these. 1996 is the perfect year for him. You only have to put up with him for an afternoon. Its a one and done thing, and he has to do one of these timelines. If not Raven, Todd Gordon should do 96.

Justin Credible should do 1998. Have you heard his interview on the Art of Wrestling? When he's sober, he's the coolest bloke around. Highest possible recommendation for that.

I for one think it was an absolute waste of time getting Sandman to do 95. He had no idea about anything. It was all "did that actually happen", which was designed for us to go "oh, how funny". But it killed the DVD for me. 1995 was arguably their creative peak, and this donkey had to tell the story of it? They should redo this year.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Doring could do 99 and Dreamer 2000. For me, if you are doing a timeline on ECW, Dreamer should be the one to tell the story of its final 12/13 months. He was the one in the trenches trying to keep the actual promotion alive when Heyman was away negotiating and trying to keep its business alive. Heyman wasn't even there for a lot of the shows late on, but Dreamer was always there. And Doring had just broke in in 99 and was a background player, so he'll have seen all sorts I imagine. And he isn't a drugged up mess, so his memory should be decent. Even though Raven is an absolute spanner, I think sense should prevail and they will get him for one of these. 1996 is the perfect year for him. You only have to put up with him for an afternoon. Its a one and done thing, and he has to do one of these timelines. If not Raven, Todd Gordon should do 96.

Justin Credible should do 1998. Have you heard his interview on the Art of Wrestling? When he's sober, he's the coolest bloke around. Highest possible recommendation for that.

I for one think it was an absolute waste of time getting Sandman to do 95. He had no idea about anything. It was all "did that actually happen", which was designed for us to go "oh, how funny". But it killed the DVD for me. 1995 was arguably their creative peak, and this donkey had to tell the story of it? They should redo this year.

+1 on sandman, the only one of his shoots i ever got into was the the one with raven even then vol 2 was shite.

Dorings youshoot was very good and funny not a bad shout getting him to do a timeline.

On another note i tried to watch Jamie dundee youshoot, fuck me thats awful the guy is clearly off his tits and not in a funny way.

Edited by quote the raven

Amazing Kong's Youshoot is tremendous. Ive had her RF Shoot downloaded for ages but never watched it (which says it all about RF Shoots, I guess), so didnt know what to expect going in. She's a great talker, and is naturally funny. Oliver does another great job with his back and forth banter. Lots of interesting and funny stuff throughout. Highlights include her doing a Hogan sextape impression, and actually demonstrating with SO her favourate sex position. Recommended.