Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
What about the 'Dons then Martyn?

You confident about their Euro exploits this season?

I'm actually pretty confident going into the new season. McGhee said he would need 12-18 months to rebuild the mess that Jimmy left behind and with hopefully a couple more additions to come we look to be in pretty good shape.

Paul Hartley signs......

Glad that we have added a player like Hartley to the squad too. He is just the type of nippy, moaning-faced wanker that our team needs. Played plenty of games last season for Bristol City so isn't an injury-ridden gamble like Jackie Macnamara was and will undoubtedly help bring along younger players like Fyvie etc.

Edit - beaten to it by patdfb :angry:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In fairness, that article came from the Daily Record who have today came out with the statement that Celtics away European form is "boggin". What kind of a rag is that? :laugh:

What difference would that make to their report of the carry-on at the Lincoln game?

It's been mentioned by a few news sites, so it's fairly accurate.

I live in Lincoln and the report was pretty much true, but there did seem to be probably as many Lincoln idiots as Celtic ones.

Celtic are 1-0 down to Braga. I'd say that's a fair indication on how the game has gone untill now.

Celtic seem to run out of ideas the further up the pitch they get, while there was a couple of times when Braga looked like they could have done a bit of damage as Celtic left themselves wide open. Braga could have been 2-0 up right after the penalty if they kept things simple.

Celtic have some work to do.

Juarez is in midfield I think.

Celtic had no ambition or imagination in the final third. Not one little smidge of it. Braga weren't amazing or anything but they looked much much better than Celtic did. 3-0 seems about right to me. There was only one team that were ever going to win that match.

Do they drop into the Europa League?

Yep. Dreadful result. Team line-up looked very poor. Are Juarez and Du Ri both right backs?

They only drop into the Europa league if they get through this qualifyier. Or am I wrong? It's been a while since we've had to qualify. :rolleyes:

Do they drop into the Europa League?

Yep. Dreadful result. Team line-up looked very poor. Are Juarez and Du Ri both right backs?

They only drop into the Europa league if they get through this qualifyier. Or am I wrong? It's been a while since we've had to qualify. :rolleyes:

I think it's an EL qualifier you drop into after this round, and in the next it'd be into the group stages they'd drop into, but either way they get in.

As badly as Celtic have performed, I get the feeling that Rangers fans won't have it much better this season, so they may want to hold back a little on the smug behaviour for now.

We all know we'll get pumped in the Champions League. but at least we'll be there. :thumbsup:

It's the league we care about.

As badly as Celtic have performed, I get the feeling that Rangers fans won't have it much better this season, so they may want to hold back a little on the smug behaviour for now.

um we know we wont be doing anything in europe, spl crown is what matters most.

Archived