Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

The winding up other teams fans...how many bulletts have countless other players or managers received after winding up other teams fans? James Beattie who is ex Saints was getting dogs abuse off Pompey fans all game whilst playing against them...he scores then ran past then holding his nose waving his hand in the classic 'you smell' schoolboy manner. That's football...that's why we love it, tell me the difference between that and anything Lennon has done?

The "You smell" celebration is a classic wind up used by players. 99% of the time no harm is meant and it's a simple way to say "Get it up you". Many players have done so and no incountered any trouble. Scott McDonald done it at Ibrox after he scored and I've never heard of him being sent any bullets.

The difference between that and this: (The first part is an example of Mr Celtic being a thuggish bigot, the second, spitting on a scarf right infront of the Rangers end)

... Well you'd have to be blind to see that one is a wind up celebration and the other is an act of clear incitement.

But let's just sweep that under the carpet (as Celtic are famous for) and united in our backing for our harmless, manager.

WE ARE ALL NEIL LENNON <0> <0> <0>

P.s This isn't me condoning the bullets being sent of him being attacked by the side of the pitch, but it's plain to see that the man isn't an angel. If I were out in Glasgow on a Saturday night and I started mouthing off to people and making gestures towards them, then I couldn't complain when I got a bit back or even attacked. But because we're talking about the manager of the most paranoid football club in the world, it's because he's an irish catholic. Not because he's a fucking huge twat.

For a start, a lipreader has confirmed that Lennon didn't say 'orange bastard' at all so you shouldn't believe everything you read on Follow Follow. Secondly, even if a lipreader hadn't disproved it, it doesn't even look like he says it, anything could have been put in subtitles there. Thirdly, there is no Rangers scarf in that video and many people at that game have disspelled the myth that he spat on one.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The winding up other teams fans...how many bulletts have countless other players or managers received after winding up other teams fans? James Beattie who is ex Saints was getting dogs abuse off Pompey fans all game whilst playing against them...he scores then ran past then holding his nose waving his hand in the classic 'you smell' schoolboy manner. That's football...that's why we love it, tell me the difference between that and anything Lennon has done?

The "You smell" celebration is a classic wind up used by players. 99% of the time no harm is meant and it's a simple way to say "Get it up you". Many players have done so and no incountered any trouble. Scott McDonald done it at Ibrox after he scored and I've never heard of him being sent any bullets.

The difference between that and this: (The first part is an example of Mr Celtic being a thuggish bigot, the second, spitting on a scarf right infront of the Rangers end)

... Well you'd have to be blind to see that one is a wind up celebration and the other is an act of clear incitement.

But let's just sweep that under the carpet (as Celtic are famous for) and united in our backing for our harmless, manager.

WE ARE ALL NEIL LENNON <0> <0> <0>

P.s This isn't me condoning the bullets being sent of him being attacked by the side of the pitch, but it's plain to see that the man isn't an angel. If I were out in Glasgow on a Saturday night and I started mouthing off to people and making gestures towards them, then I couldn't complain when I got a bit back or even attacked. But because we're talking about the manager of the most paranoid football club in the world, it's because he's an irish catholic. Not because he's a fucking huge twat.

For a start, a lipreader has confirmed that Lennon didn't say 'orange bastard' at all so you shouldn't believe everything you read on Follow Follow. Secondly, even if a lipreader hadn't disproved it, it doesn't even look like he says it, anything could have been put in subtitles there. Thirdly, there is no Rangers scarf in that video and many people at that game have disspelled the myth that he spat on one.

What lipreader is this? Mr Made Up? The Rangers scarf was there, a lot of the boys on the bus sit in the Copland. And you can see by Magnus Hedman's reaction that he clearly done something.

It's fucking hilarious how you dismiss all of this.

Yeah because Celtic fans are the only people in Scotland that could possibly have a hatred for an allegedly corrupt defence lawyer affiliated with practically every major OCG in the country

I hope you all shut up and realise that Morton fan Haraga and Motherwell fan David are both saying Lennon is a twat without even mentioning the awful treatment he's received. "Neil Lennon should behave better" does not equal "Neil Lennon should behave better or he'll deserve all the bombs/bullets/death threats".

I hope you all shut up and realise that Morton fan Haraga and Motherwell fan David are both saying Lennon is a twat without even mentioning the awful treatment he's received. "Neil Lennon should behave better" does not equal "Neil Lennon should behave better or he'll deserve all the bombs/bullets/death threats".

It'll fall on deaf ears mate.

It was my point too (but I guess, as a Rangers fan I have an agenda against Lennon by default).

I don't think I've read anywhere anyone saying he deserve it, infact, most people i speak to are disgusted and shocked by whats happened to him, and condemed in. In fact, do yourself a favour and register for the rangers forum I'm a member of, and follow the threads when more and more bombs/bullets etc were getting sent. Most posts consisted of "FFS, not again. Get them arrested", "Shocking", "Disgusting", "Bringing our name down" and other scenes of genuine outrage.

It was my point too (but I guess, as a Rangers fan I have an agenda against Lennon by default).

I don't think I've read anywhere anyone saying he deserve it, infact, most people i speak to are disgusted and shocked by whats happened to him, and condemed in. In fact, do yourself a favour and register for the rangers forum I'm a member of, and follow the threads when more and more bombs/bullets etc were getting sent. Most posts consisted of "FFS, not again. Get them arrested", "Shocking", "Disgusting", "Bringing our name down" and other scenes of genuine outrage.

He won't sign up for that forum probably, seeing as I'm a prominent member of it ;)

He won't sign up for that forum probably, seeing as I'm a prominent member of it ;)

Haha.. Totally forgot you used that forum mate!!

I use my actual name on that forum. Non of this Chaka Demus nonsense.

I use my actual name on that forum. Non of this Chaka Demus nonsense.

Aye, I remembered as soon as I posted that :p

I'm DazzM :) (if it isn't obvious)

There's no real point in arguing with the Celtic-minded on this forum. They aren't going to accept any other answer than it being a religious issue, with some sort of deep, ingrained anti-Irish, anti-Catholic bias being prevalent in Scotland.

Of course we aren

Ally i never really venture into this thread often but you come across as being one of these troglodyte fist dragging skinheaded biggots that would be not out of place in an EDL march.

Can I just say, I'm a Christian. I go to Church on a Sunday, and, I'm quite content with my OWN religious point of view.

Religion, for me, has absolutely bugger all about why I dislike Neil Lennon. I dislike the fact that he spat on a Rangers scarf, I disliked his attitude as a player, I dislike his antics as a manager. Once again, I'll say, what he's went through is horrible and shouldn't happen to anyone. But, to say that religion/background is the sole catalyst for people disliking Neil Lennon is awfully short sighted, and frankly silly.

Don't get me wrong, some people use his background as a reason, I'm not denying that. But on a personal level, as I've said, I couldn't give a fuck if he's Hindu, Jewish, Catholic, into Scientology, Christian, or any other religion. I just dislike him as an individual. His demeanour, his whining, his actions throughout his playing career and managerial career hasn't endeared himself to me, therefore, I really really don't like the man.

A lot of what he has done in the past is a factor in why some people hate him. Religion has nowt to do with it.

Could consider "things happening in the past" as Diouf's past indiscretions and why Celtic demonised him.

Archived