Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's what he told the Evening Times.

The fact that Neil Lennon was in Cardiff on Monday watching two other strikers rendered the Record story worthless before Lennon quashed it yesterday.

I was led to believe Lennon was in Cardiff watching Adam Matthews, who will be playing for you next season.

• Paid Members
I find this really creepy:

20 years ago Rangers won the league cup 2-1 in extra time v Celtic.

This year Rangers won the league cup 2-1 in extra time v Celtic.

Celtic have never won the Scottish Cup when they've put Rangers out !!!!

Still think Celtic will win it, but I hope wee McCall has Motherwell right up for it.

I was sent that this morning before some smartarse ruined it -

Hibs won the league cup 20 years ago. Rangers beat Celtic 2-1 in the LCF in 1990.

Celtic put Rangers out the cup in 2005 and then won the Scottish Cup. This also happened in 2004.

20 years ago Rangers won the league cup 2-1 in extra time v Celtic.

This year Rangers won the league cup 2-1 in extra time v Celtic.

Still think Celtic will win it, but I hope wee McCall has Motherwell right up for it.

I was sent that this morning before some smartarse ruined it -

Hibs won the league cup 20 years ago. Rangers beat Celtic 2-1 in the LCF in 1990.

Celtic put Rangers out the cup in 2005 and then won the Scottish Cup. This also happened in 2004.

Awwww :(

Hibs won it in the 91-92 final though. I think the final was still played in october at that point though.

Except from in 1892, 1900, 1907, 1908, 1925, 2004 and 2005...

I was led to believe Lennon was in Cardiff watching Adam Matthews, who will be playing for you next season.

Jay Bothroyd, apparently. His contract is up at the end of the season. And Shane Long of Reading.

Long I could see at a push, although I would have to feel that, like Bothroyd, he will be playing in the Barclays Premier League next season one way or the other

I don't think Celtic or Rangers have any chance of getting Shane Long.

I heard that the BBC team were up in arms about Celtic fans singing? Weird, as neither me nor any of the fans I was with heard anything out of order.

I thought both fans were a credit to their teams, especially with their displays at the start.

I heard that the BBC team were up in arms about Celtic fans singing? Weird, as neither me nor any of the fans I was with heard anything out of order.

I thought both fans were a credit to their teams, especially with their displays at the start.

Just watched the video of Rob MacLean mentioning this, he basically says someone told him we were singing sectarian songs so it's true. I don't even remember singing a single "rebel" song today never mind anything that is sectarian in all honesty.

There were no complaints about any singing either from those around me at the stadium, on our bus home or in the pub last night either.

I call bullshit on the matter. A stain on what was otherwise a great day for all concerned (apart from the result, obviously).

Good win and a good day all round yesterday.

Although it did feel slightly underwhelming going into the game after the end to the season we had, it was a good occasion once it was underway and a fine spectacle.

Some will no doubt boarishly claim that the Scottish Cup is a consolation prize, but these will be the same people who last week were mocking Neil Lennon for not having won anything as Celtic manager. He has now, and there's a nucleus there for a very strong team going in to next season.

Long I could see at a push, although I would have to feel that, like Bothroyd, he will be playing in the Barclays Premier League next season one way or the other

I don't think Celtic or Rangers have any chance of getting Shane Long.

Rangers definitely don't, although I wish we did.

Some will no doubt boarishly claim that the Scottish Cup is a consolation prize, but these will be the same people who last week were mocking Neil Lennon for not having won anything as Celtic manager.

Of course we will. Unless we had won the game of course, then it would be right up there with the Champions League :smug:

I thought this was quite interesting, taken from their site...

Hamilton Academical have introduced an unique season ticket initiative to make attending their games more affordable during these financially difficult times.

For Season 2011/12 Accies supporters will be able to purchase admission for eighteen First Division fixtures for only

Archived