Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

No idea where the Record have gotten this story from. Neil Lennon isn't interested in signing David Goodwillie.

Is that what he told you?

I think it came out that he's not on Neil Lennon's wanted list. Even though I think he's a complete fanny, I don't see why he's not wanted by Lennon. Really good player and I will be disappointed if he goes to Rangers.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
No idea where the Record have gotten this story from. Neil Lennon isn't interested in signing David Goodwillie.

I think it came out that he's not on Neil Lennon's wanted list. Even though I think he's a complete fanny, I don't see why he's not wanted by Lennon. Really good player and I will be disappointed if he goes to Rangers.

Celtic have enough forwards surely?

Lennon should concentrate on shoring up your defence. Majstorovic is the only centre back you've got that can really cut it. Regardless of who else you sign, if it's him and Mulgrew with Rogne and Loovens for cover again, I'd be pretty confident of four in row.

Incidentally, why does Darren O'Dea never get a game for Celtic? I always thought he had a lot of potential.

If I were you lads I'd not have any confidence in PDG, however if you were to get McDonald or Jackson from the Farmers, they'd be a sign of intent however.

Believe me, the PDG signing is one which has many people wondering "why?".

I can't see us getting both McDonald and Jackson, but if we do, we're going to be a very dangerous side. I'd be happy with any one of the two at the club.

McDonald and Jackson would both be great signings just hope Morton don't get burnt like Dunfermline did by taking on guys with a history of injuries and they only end up playing about a dozen times in the time they are with the club.

• Paid Members

What about the lack of consistancy alongside Hooper though? They might be looking to rectify that.

I suppose.

It just seems a bit odd to link them with a striker when guys like Murphy already struggle to get a game, Samaras has just been given a new deal and they've still got Rasmussen out on loan, who never really had a proper chance at Celtic.

Lennon should concentrate on shoring up your defence. Majstorovic is the only centre back you've got that can really cut it. Regardless of who else you sign, if it's him and Mulgrew with Rogne and Loovens for cover again, I'd be pretty confident of four in row.

Incidentally, why does Darren O'Dea never get a game for Celtic? I always thought he had a lot of potential.

Really, you rate him? He's horrible in my opinion. Silly free kicks and poor headers are his full game. Mulgrew in my opinion is really good at centre-half.

Darren O'Dea had potential then showed that he would never live up to it under Mowbray.

• Paid Members

Really, you rate him? He's horrible in my opinion. Silly free kicks and poor headers are his full game. Mulgrew in my opinion is really good at centre-half.

Darren O'Dea had potential then showed that he would never live up to it under Mowbray.

I do. Granted, you'll have seen him more than I have but he's looked solid every time I've seen him. Mulgrew's done well given he's only been playing there a relatively short amount of time but I think he'd struggle without Majstronovic beside him. I don't think it's a coincidence that the last Old Firm game Rangers won was when Majstronovic was out injured.

That's a bit harsh on O'Dea really. Mowbray made everybody at Celtic look crap even McGeady, who the fans usually loved, was getting dog's abuse before Lennon took over.

• Paid Members
Anyway, I want to know why Brown only got censured? The SFA were quick to do more than "censure" Lennon after McCoist had a word in his ear, weren't they?

I don't recall Brown having any previous touchline bans for improper conduct? Did he have any at 'Well? Other than his little scuffle in the UEFA Cup i can't remember anything - you'll know better than me.

I'm just guessing that because he doesn't stomp about like a wild-eyed, knuckle-dragging troll that sees every free kick, foul and shy that goes against them as a conspiracy by the cheating establishment the SFA will have deemed it a "first offence" if you like. Just a guess though.

I was actually surprised Archie Knox didn't get some sort of punishment as he was the one who put his hands on Boyle.

Serious question though David - Will you be sad to see Boyle go?

Yes I will. Did you watch the video? Listen to the accomplishments that he read off. That's impressive for club our size.

Apart from that, you lot should be sad to see him go too. Who's going to choose your managers for you in future? :smug:

Also, it appears that Motherwells preparation for tomorrow is well under way!

Motherwell will complete their build-up to tomorrow's Scottish Cup final against Celtic by training at Rangers' Murray Park complex this morning.

Stuart McCall, the Motherwell manager, arranged the training session through his friendship with new Rangers manager Ally McCoist. McCall's squad, who are staying in a Renfrewshire hotel ahead of their club's first Scottish Cup final appearance for 20 years, will have full use of the Milngavie facilities and the scenario will be familiar to Celtic supporters after a similar courtesy was extended to Blackburn, then managed by former Ibrox boss Graeme Souness, ahead of a Uefa Cup tie at Parkhead nine years ago.

McCall had great success in the cup in his seven years with Rangers as a player in the 1990s, gaining three winners' medals, in 1992, 1993 and 1996, under Walter Smith and with McCoist as a team-mate.

Since taking over at Motherwell this season, McCall has already guided them to a significant victory over Celtic. The 2-0 win at Fir Park in February ultimately proved costly for Neil Lennon's men as they missed out on the SPL title by a point to Rangers.

Now McCall, with a little help from his friends at Rangers, is seeking to prevent Lennon from guiding Celtic to their first major trophy since March 2009.

:laugh:

• Paid Members
Serious question though David - Will you be sad to see Boyle go?

Yes I will. Did you watch the video? Listen to the accomplishments that he read off. That's impressive for club our size.

Apart from that, you lot should be sad to see him go too. Who's going to choose your managers for you in future? :smug:

No doubt it is an impressive list of accomplishments. I can't and won't argue that.

The video made me laugh and think of this.....

scotch_wry.jpg

It's what he told the Evening Times.

The fact that Neil Lennon was in Cardiff on Monday watching two other strikers rendered the Record story worthless before Lennon quashed it yesterday.

I find this really creepy:

20 years ago Rangers won 3 in a row.

This year Rangers have won 3 in a row.

20 years ago the manager left and the number 2 stepped up. Graeme Souness for Walter Smith. This year it will be Walter Smith for Ally McCoist.

20 years ago a Rangers striker that used to play for Celtic, Mo Johnston, left the club.

This year a Rangers striker that used to play for Celtic, Kenny Miller, left the club.

20 years ago Rangers won the league cup 2-1 in extra time v Celtic.

This year Rangers won the league cup 2-1 in extra time v Celtic.

20 years ago Rangers had 3 players sent off in a cup game at P*rkhead which they lost.

This year Rangers had 3 players sent off in a cup game at P*rkhead which they lost.

20 Years ago Rangers lost 0-3 at Parkhead and still won the league.

This year Rangers lost 0-3 at Parkhead and still won the league.

20 years ago Motherwell were managed by an ex-Rangers midfielder.

This year Motherwell are managed by an ex-Rangers midfielder.

20 years ago Celtic had already gone 2 years without a trophy.

This year Celtic have already gone 2 years without a trophy.

20 years ago Motherwell won the Scottish Cup....................

And finally...

Celtic have never won the Scottish Cup when they've put Rangers out !!!!

Still think Celtic will win it, but I hope wee McCall has Motherwell right up for it.

Archived