Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

That's fair enough, but that basically goes against what you appeared to be saying with post #3470. I even asked you to clarify in case it was me picking you up wrongly, or to give you the chance to backtrack if it was just poorly-worded, but nothing was forthcoming.

I asked why Lennon was being victimised "to such an extent" if there weren't other reasons at play. I understand that bigotry plays a part in the situation, but don't accept that the only reason he's being treated in this manner is because he's a Northern Irish Catholic who manages Celtic.

There have been other managers of similar background and they haven't faced such actions.

My point, which was been raised in various forms by other forum members, is that his own actions also contribute to the situation. This doesn't take away from the fact that bigotry plays a part here though.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone read the interview with Walter Smith that's doing the rounds?

The departing Rangers manager, Walter Smith, has fired a parting shot at Celtic, accusing them of setting the wheels in motion for a fractious Scottish season.

Smith took charge of Rangers for the last time at Kilmarnock on Sunday, securing the Scottish Premier League title with a 5-1 win. The 63-year-old has said he will be glad to see the back of his final campaign, during which he was particularly upset by Celtic's complaints about referees and to the Scottish Football Association.

"It seems to me that all of the focus has been deflected from what it should have been on, which is football players, what they do, who wins, who loses," Smith said. "We've not been talking about that this season. The season got off to a bad start, in that respect, when Celtic put up a challenge to referees and to everybody else. That got the season off to a bad start and it went downhill after that.

"From my own point of view, I hope everybody would realise that people who work in Scottish football

Crazy good start to pre-season for Dundee already. On top of Smith signing a 3 year contract as manager, we've now got O'Donnell, Leighton McIntosh, Nicky Reilly and now Rhys fucking Weston re-signed. Weston is a huge presence for us at the heart of defence, and if we keep Lockwood and McKeown (as the press expect us to) then I think we can go for it next season.

Harkins will be another crucial one however. He captained us excellently last year playing anywhere and doing all the cleaning up for O'Donnell to shine. If we as expected lose Craig Forsyth to Crystal Palace in the next couple weeks, this could clear up some cash for GGH to stay, and that'd just rock my world.

Harkins was head and shoulders above the rest when Dundee visited Cappielow not so long ago. The guy is a terrific player at this level and he'll be a hard one to keep a hold of.

Morton are going to struggle to keep Fouid Bachirou. We've already lost Allan Jenkins, Stewart Kean, David McGregor, Brian Graham and many more, although many of them were by choice. Disappointed at the releases of Carlo Monti and Stewart Kean. Monti is a dangerous player from set plays and we don't have enough of that. We are signing Ross Forsyth or as he's otherwise known, Stirling's only good player. Tidser is stepping things up again which could be crucial for us. If we CAN keep Bachirou then the centre of our midfield is one strong player away from being the best in the division.

Of course, that's assuming we sign the right midfielder that Moore has said we're looking for.

Putting all the stuff with Neil Lennon aside I mustsay that this is the most positive I have ever felt after a season when we've lost the league. Normally I'd be a bit dejected and worrying about the next season already but righ now I can't help but feel 'up'.

IMI it's down to the feel good mentality that Neil Lennon's reign has generated within the club. I'm confident we'll hold on to Izaguirre, Kayal and Hooper and provided we add a centre back or two, a goal kepper and a forward I see us winning the league next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edin...t-fife-13423701

A day old now but didn't see any mention of this.

O'Connor not much of a surprise as he was a total tube beyond even Riordan esq proportions - albeit i'm going on experiences from 5+ years ago - and kind of talk was rife all the way through the early part of his career up until he left for Russia and i was hearing a work a couple of weeks ago that apparently his Ferrari was found crashed out near his home and left abandoned by the time the police arrived.

As for the Hearts players putting themselves in that situation is just stupid and even more so in a nightclub toilets in a city where you are well known and probably liked and disliked in equal measure by opposing fans. All it takes is a disgruntled Hibee to make a tip off to a steward and the game is up. Of course nothing to say that is what actually happened but putting themselves in that situation is insane. If they were wanting to do that then the money they have and the fact it's end of season so no drug testing then they should have been a lot more coy than an Edinburgh nightclub toilets.

Ian Black is arguably the biggest scumbag in the SPL. I hope this ruins his career. Sadly I don't think it will.

Not happy he injured Jelavic early in the season and then booted Diouf in the air on his debut, he then tried to kick Jelavic in the face after Eggert Johnston's tackle and it was missed by just about everybody except Mo Edu who went for him in the melee that ensued after it.

wh1ce8.jpg

Archived