Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Fair enough Dazz but anything you could name about Lennon that could be seen as dislikeable is common of many managers throughout the UK and Europe...but none of them get that treatment. Also if he's so dislikeable then why does he have almost universal sympathy among most English football fans I've spoken too that are outside looking at all the facts rather than being biased to either side of the OF.

The point about Lennon being a 'dirty' player...how about Graeme Souness...one of your all time greats? He didn't get anywhere near the treatment Lennon does.

The point about criticising referees, other teams and football associations...how about Wenger, Mourinho, Ferguson, Benitez, Allardyce the list could go on...none of them get the same treatment or even a fraction of it.

The winding up other teams fans...how many bulletts have countless other players or managers received after winding up other teams fans? James Beattie who is ex Saints was getting dogs abuse off Pompey fans all game whilst playing against them...he scores then ran past then holding his nose waving his hand in the classic 'you smell' schoolboy manner. That's football...that's why we love it, tell me the difference between that and anything Lennon has done?

The entire argument of 'what happens to Lennon is awful but if he toned it down a bit he wouldn't bring it on himself' is like telling a rape victim 'yeh you got raped and that's out of order but if you hadn't have been dressed like a slag, got drunk and flirted so much then maybe it wouldn't have happened'

Nonsense. I'm not having a go at you Dazz and I respect that you offered an opinion on the matter.

When it comes to dislikeable characters though...Rangers have Diouf, a money grabbing mercenary hated by fans worlwide who racially abuses and spits at children.

Also your new manager is an alleged serial wife beater with a history of alcoholism...how many bullets have either of them had?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's no real point in arguing with the Celtic-minded on this forum. They aren't going to accept any other answer than it being a religious issue, with some sort of deep, ingrained anti-Irish, anti-Catholic bias being prevalent in Scotland.

The winding up other teams fans...how many bulletts have countless other players or managers received after winding up other teams fans? James Beattie who is ex Saints was getting dogs abuse off Pompey fans all game whilst playing against them...he scores then ran past then holding his nose waving his hand in the classic 'you smell' schoolboy manner. That's football...that's why we love it, tell me the difference between that and anything Lennon has done?

The "You smell" celebration is a classic wind up used by players. 99% of the time no harm is meant and it's a simple way to say "Get it up you". Many players have done so and no incountered any trouble. Scott McDonald done it at Ibrox after he scored and I've never heard of him being sent any bullets.

The difference between that and this: (The first part is an example of Mr Celtic being a thuggish bigot, the second, spitting on a scarf right infront of the Rangers end)

... Well you'd have to be blind to see that one is a wind up celebration and the other is an act of clear incitement.

But let's just sweep that under the carpet (as Celtic are famous for) and united in our backing for our harmless, manager.

WE ARE ALL NEIL LENNON <0> <0> <0>

P.s This isn't me condoning the bullets being sent of him being attacked by the side of the pitch, but it's plain to see that the man isn't an angel. If I were out in Glasgow on a Saturday night and I started mouthing off to people and making gestures towards them, then I couldn't complain when I got a bit back or even attacked. But because we're talking about the manager of the most paranoid football club in the world, it's because he's an irish catholic. Not because he's a fucking huge twat.

Very constructive David...ignore all points and comparisons made to similar circumstances outwith Scotland and just post a sweeping statement dismissing anything that disagrees with your opinion. W

Where did I mention religion?

The entire argument of 'what happens to Lennon is awful but if he toned it down a bit he wouldn't bring it on himself' is like telling a rape victim 'yeh you got raped and that's out of order but if you hadn't have been dressed like a slag, got drunk and flirted so much then maybe it wouldn't have happened'

NOBODY IS SAYING HE IS BRINGING IT ON HIMSELF.

Understand now?

No that's fair enough Ally I see your point about spitting on the scarf and inciting fans...how many bullets did he get right after that happened? What was that...7...8 years ago?

Actually no I get it mate...Lennon comes in as manager starts doing pretty well and brings back a flair and passion in the fans that hasn't been seen in a long time. The team start playing much more attacking and attractive football or 'the Celtic way' as it's came to be known then by put coincidence a couple of nutcase (season ticket holders) decide...that cunt Lennon spat on a scarf 8 years ago...go get my stamp book.

NOBODY IS SAYING HE IS BRINGING IT ON HIMSELF.

Understand now?

I think it's wholly acceptable to interprate that someone saying 'perhaps Neil Lennon should learn to simmer down' as incinuating that he brings the treatment he gets on himself.

Like if someone gets ran over and I say 'perhaps he should have looked where they were going' I'm incinuating that they were partially to blame.

I think it's wholly acceptable to interprate that someone saying 'perhaps Neil Lennon should learn to simmer down' as incinuating that he brings the treatment he gets on himself.

Well yeah, but when people then clarify that they don't think he's bringing it on himself, which has happened on this thread, then you'd think the point might sink in.

Okay, well, in that case why don't you tell us all why Lennon gets the treatment he does? Why does he get the bomb threats and the grief?

I don't know mate...but not knowing the reason why it happens doesn't mean that me dispelling other proposed reasons isn't correct.

I don't know the cure for the common cold but that doesn't mean that if I say rubbing dairylea into your hair won't help that it's not correct.

No that's fair enough Ally I see your point about spitting on the scarf and inciting fans...how many bullets did he get right after that happened? What was that...7...8 years ago?

Actually no I get it mate...Lennon comes in as manager starts doing pretty well and brings back a flair and passion in the fans that hasn't been seen in a long time. The team start playing much more attacking and attractive football or 'the Celtic way' as it's came to be known then by put coincidence a couple of nutcase (season ticket holders) decide...that cunt Lennon spat on a scarf 8 years ago...go get my stamp book.

It's not like spitting on the scarf was the only thing he ever done to incite fans, was it? Come on. Not only inciting fans but remember his wee tantrum when he was sent off at Ibrox. It was either Kenny Clark or Stuart Dougal he squared up to after it. That maybe can't be marked down as inciting fans but you can mark than down as another scumbag thing he has done.

One of my earliest Lennon memories was after a OF game at Ibrox during the era where you were destroying us everytime we played, I came out after the game (I sit in the main stand) and Neil lennon was hanging out the dressing room window shouting and foaming at the mouth. It was only after a barrage of coins and lighters came his way he closed it.

Well yeah, but when people then clarify that they don't think he's bringing it on himself, which has happened on this thread, then you'd think the point might sink in.

Yes mate but I don't think that using the quote I've put above and then saying 'i'm not saying he brings it in himself though' is quite akin to saying 'i'm not racist...but...' and then saying something easily recogniseable as racist.

It's not like spitting on the scarf was the only thing he ever done to incite fans, was it? Come on. Not only inciting fans but remember his wee tantrum when he was sent off at Ibrox. It was either Kenny Clark or Stuart Dougal he squared up to after it. That maybe can't be marked down as inciting fans but you can mark than down as another scumbag thing he has done.

One of my earliest Lennon memories was after a OF game at Ibrox during the era where you were destroying us everytime we played, I came out after the game (I sit in the main stand) and Neil lennon was hanging out the dressing room window shouting and foaming at the mouth. It was only after a barrage of coins and lighters came his way he closed it.

Two things Ally mate...

firstly again you're using an example of something that happened years and years ago in relation to treatment he's getting now...that's just utter nonsense.

Secondly...if were talking about tantrums over sendings off in all the football I've ever watched I've rarely seen a stranger situation than Bougherras tantrum and holding of the referees arm in protest of his sending off.

Two things Ally mate...

firstly again you're using an example of something that happened years and years ago in relation to treatment he's getting now...that's just utter nonsense.

Secondly...if were talking about tantrums over sendings off in all the football I've ever watched I've rarely seen a stranger situation than Bougherras tantrum and holding of the referees arm in protest of his sending off.

But you're missing what I'm saying. I'm saying that Neil Lennon hasn't suddenly just became a scumbag, he's been a scumbag all his life. From his shenanigans during his playing days to square going Fourth Officials, hurling abuse at players, kicking water bottles when his team loses their bottle amongst other things as a manager.

You can even go back to his Leicester days when he heinously headbutted Alan Shearer's boot.

Archived