Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ian Black is arguably the biggest scumbag in the SPL.

That's a proper hot potato of a topic. :thumbsup:

I vote either Lee Mculloch or David Goodwillie.

All three are good shouts although I think it's clear for all to see that it is El Hadji Diouf.

Ian Black is arguably the biggest scumbag in the SPL.

That's a proper hot potato of a topic. :thumbsup:

I vote either Lee Mculloch or David Goodwillie.

All three are good shouts although I think it's clear for all to see that it is El Hadji Diouf.

While Diouf is possibly the biggest scumbag currently playing the game, if we were to base this purely on SPL antics then Ian Black takes some beating. At times it seems like the only function he has in the Hearts team is to injure opposition players.

An interesting transfer story in todays Record;

Celtic are ready to battle it out with Rangers in the race to sign Dundee United striker David Goodwillie.

Ibrox manager Ally McCoist is a long-time admirer of the 22-year-old and will make a bid for the Scotland international this summer.

But Celtic boss Neil Lennon could nip in first to snap up the highlyrated hitman - despite slamming Goodwillie after the Arabs star publicly admitted he wanted Gers to win the title.

Goodwillie hit 18 goals this season and completed a clean sweep of the country's Young Player of the Year awards when he lifted the Scottish Football Writers' trophy on Sunday.

He is also attracting interest from Birmingham, Sunderland and Bristol City among others but now Glasgow's big two are expected to lead the chase for his signature.

The Hoops are understood to have asked Goodwillie's representatives to keep them up-to-date with developments during the close season.

The Tangerines, who recently secured their prize asset on a new deal through to 2013, are looking to rake in at least

Another day, another pair of cracking re-signings for Dundee and some great season ticket news for the future.

Rab Douglas and Nicky Reilly signed 1 year with a second option (upon promotion). Rab is by a country mile the best keeper in this league and saved us so many times last season, with any other keeper, we'd likely have gone down. Nicky is a great old style winger with pace and a great final ball, and possibly the most excellent cheeser this afternoon after signing the deal.

NIY601_big_110519nicky0024.jpg

Season ticket prices have been frozen in most cases, with the exceptions being the

An interesting transfer story in todays Record;

Celtic are ready to battle it out with Rangers in the race to sign Dundee United striker David Goodwillie.

Ibrox manager Ally McCoist is a long-time admirer of the 22-year-old and will make a bid for the Scotland international this summer.

But Celtic boss Neil Lennon could nip in first to snap up the highlyrated hitman - despite slamming Goodwillie after the Arabs star publicly admitted he wanted Gers to win the title.

Goodwillie hit 18 goals this season and completed a clean sweep of the country's Young Player of the Year awards when he lifted the Scottish Football Writers' trophy on Sunday.

He is also attracting interest from Birmingham, Sunderland and Bristol City among others but now Glasgow's big two are expected to lead the chase for his signature.

The Hoops are understood to have asked Goodwillie's representatives to keep them up-to-date with developments during the close season.

The Tangerines, who recently secured their prize asset on a new deal through to 2013, are looking to rake in at least

Yup, I seen that in one of the papers when I was up in Glasgow earlier. Not interested.

Rab Douglas made a couple of amazing saves for Dundee against us at Cappielow ( a fact which flatters our performance ) and other fans of other sides have complimented his performances. It doesn't surprise me as I've always rated him. Especially at this level.

Morton have signed Andy Graham and Paul Di Giacamo and are looking at Peter McDonald and Andy Jackson from St. Johnstone. I don't like Paul Di Giacamo but I suppose he'll do as backup if we get McDonald and Jackson.

Yup, I seen that in one of the papers when I was up in Glasgow earlier. Not interested.

Rab Douglas made a couple of amazing saves for Dundee against us at Cappielow ( a fact which flatters our performance ) and other fans of other sides have complimented his performances. It doesn't surprise me as I've always rated him. Especially at this level.

Morton have signed Andy Graham and Paul Di Giacamo and are looking at Peter McDonald and Andy Jackson from St. Johnstone. I don't like Paul Di Giacamo but I suppose he'll do as backup if we get McDonald and Jackson.

If I were you lads I'd not have any confidence in PDG, however if you were to get McDonald or Jackson from the Farmers, they'd be a sign of intent however.

This talk of Goodwillie is clearly Mr Motherwell Jnr trying to sell him right now to get his mothers money back and reduce the debt. Shite like Chelsea keeping track of him in local papers is just him trying to flog him. Don't get me wrong, the lads decent, however Chelsea is just minter-tastic.

Mr Motherwell jnr? :confused:

Stephen Thompson, the United chairman, son of former United chairman Eddie who was a Motherwell supporter prior to moving to Dundee and supporting United.

A rather tenuous link, but fair enough.

If I were you lads I'd not have any confidence in PDG, however if you were to get McDonald or Jackson from the Farmers, they'd be a sign of intent however.

Believe me, the PDG signing is one which has many people wondering "why?".

I can't see us getting both McDonald and Jackson, but if we do, we're going to be a very dangerous side. I'd be happy with any one of the two at the club.

Archived